PDA

View Full Version : It's not the time of year to do this, but....

Peck
04-03-2004, 06:32 AM
I have to ask.

Would you trade Al Harrington & Scot Pollard for Vince Carter?

Do you think they would?

Unless we win it all, my gut feeling is that Al is going to pull an Antonio. In other words he's going to come in with a start me or trade me demand. Both Donnie & Larry have said in the past they will try & trade a player away who doesn't want to be here.

I don't know this, but it's just a feeling.

Anyway I also have a feeling that Vince will no longer be in Toronto. It might be an Iverson for Carter straight up trade, but then again it might not.

I don't think Vince's trade value is as high as it used to be. I think they may just want out of his contract & try & build around Bosh & Rose.

Al would be a nice compliment for Bosh & Pollard could fill in for some of the backup min. at the center spot.

It may just be a pipedream on my part, but for some reason during the game I just thought about this.

wintermute
04-03-2004, 06:43 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1932

:D

thought that looked familiar :laugh:

Artestaholic
04-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Hell yeah I'd do it, and so would everyone else. Maybe a winning eviorment with other "stars" would take pressure of VC and re-motivate him? He'd definantly be the shooting guard we've been looking for. (I know he's mainly a sf)

MSA2CF
04-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Hell yeah I'd do it, and so would everyone else.

Don't speak for me! I would not do this trade because Vince is the most fragile player in the NBA. He almost got hurt a few times, just last night! I'd rather take a dependable big guy and a guy who will probably rebound (no pun intended) next season.

Peck
04-03-2004, 08:17 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1932

:D

thought that looked familiar :laugh:

Holy crap. Man I'm sorry to duplicate this.

Honest to God I didn't see your post.

:blush: :blush:

I'm really sorry about this.

wintermute
04-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Holy crap. Man I'm sorry to duplicate this.

Honest to God I didn't see your post.

:blush: :blush:

I'm really sorry about this.

don't worry about it. it's not my post btw. i don't want any part of vinsanity :cool:

Roaming Gnome
04-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Considering how every team over values their talent, I don't think Toronto goes for this deal. I get the feeling they would want a center that could start that would be better then Archibald, their current project comming off the bench at center. I know that I wouldn't like this, but I think if it were maybe Foster instead of Pollard w/ Al, they would bite.

For what it's worth, I think we are better off without a fading star because the asking price doesn't just include players....it includes chemistry. That is more then what I want to pay!

Ragnar
04-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Just what we need another constantly injured player. He and Bender could become fast friends. No thanks.

Mourning
04-03-2004, 02:09 PM
I dont think the Raptors would even consider it, while I think the Pacers shouldnt do it either. Look VC is a great player when he is not innured, and that has been a HUGE problem for him these last few years. I dont want a Grant Hill-wannabee on my squad or should I say bench or should I say on our courtside (watching the game) or should I say ... :unimpressed:

VC for AI or even Kobe seems more feesible (sp?).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

indytoad
04-03-2004, 02:17 PM
I wonder if he would coincidentally be injured less if he was on a better team. And we'd certainly get a lot more national exposure.

But I don't think Toronto would do it. Besides, I'd rather get a banger.

IndyToad
Dexter, what's that?

tora tora
04-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I'd rather make a trade to get Chris Bosh rather than Vince Carter

Roaming Gnome
04-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Why? He is not a better PF then either Al or J.O..

MSA2CF
04-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Why? He is not a better PF then either Al or J.O..

I think he's trying to show how much he doesn't want Carter.

Tom White
04-04-2004, 12:51 AM
I think we are better off without a fading star

We already have one. Can you say Reggie?

Jose Slaughter
04-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Maybe the Raptors will turn to their old trading partners the Chicago Bulls.

Would Skiles be happy if they moved Curry, Fizer & Crawford for Carter?

Curry's work ethic is horrid. I don't know why Fizer hasn't gotta a fair shake in Chicago but the Bulls want to move him almost as bad as he wants out. Crawford might be hard to part with but bringing in Vince might buy the front office another year or two to turn thing around.

The NBA would love it cause Cater is in a major American city.

Carter would go from one bad team to another but the endorsement money would be out of this world.

Anthem
04-04-2004, 03:09 AM
Trade for Vinsanity?

And you guys think BENDER is fragile...

Now Ray Allen? Let's talk.