PDA

View Full Version : Another trade: Would you do it?

bread
04-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey, guys;

Yes, I know, why is everyone trying to do trades?

Well, my personal belief is that more sooner than later Al and his agent are going to demand to either start or be traded (it could be as soon as this coming off-season). Because of this, I am looking into scenarios which would help the Pacers, as well as help the team the Pacers with which the Pacers are trading.

That being said, how about this:
Indiana trades: PF Al Harrington (13.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.7 apg in 31.1 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.0 minutes)
Indiana receives: SF Vince Carter (22.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.9 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +8.0 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (22.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.9 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Toronto receives: PF Al Harrington (13.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.7 apg in 72 games)
C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 57 games)
Change in team outlook: -8.0 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Indiana and Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1560823

The Pacers can throw in an additional 1st round pick.

Now, why would the two teams do it?

As I stated above, Al is going to want to start soon, and with both J.O. and Artest at the Forward spots, I don't see Al getting the opportunity anytime soon. So, I see the Pacers looking to trade Al for either a SG or a C. Vince Carter is a very good SG who does not want to be the face for a franchise. In Indy, he would not have to be.

Why would the Raptors do it?

The fans in Toronto tire of Vince Carter. Also, the Raptors are weak at the C and PF spots. This gives both Pollard and Harrington a chance to play (if not START for the Raptors)

What do you guys think? (Be gentle)

C. Neil Milton
bread@coltpower.com

bread
04-02-2004, 10:21 PM
What if you substituted Ron Artest for Al. Would either team do it?

This would open a Starting spot for Al, with Bender and Croshere to back up Al and J.O.

C. NEil Milton
bread@coltpower.com

MSA2CF
04-02-2004, 10:52 PM
No no no no no.

Vince is so fragile. I swear he almost got hurt two or three times, tonight!

I would not trade Ron Artest for 99% of who the NBA has to offer.

Doug
04-02-2004, 11:14 PM
I was thinking about this during the game as well.

No.

Al has his best years ahead of him. Vince's best years are behind him.

Snickers
04-03-2004, 12:08 AM
No to Vince.

Unless we get him cheap [no JO, no Ron, and probably no Al.... I'd hesitate to include Bender and Foster too], I wouldn't do it.

waxman
04-03-2004, 05:39 PM
F*** VC....

Roy Munson
04-03-2004, 07:48 PM
No, I wouldn't do it. If Carter and Bender were on the same team I'm pretty sure that the Pacers' training room would run out of tape, ice, and bandages.

Arcadian
04-03-2004, 08:02 PM
I thought part of the arguement for trading Al was to allow Ron to continue playing SF. How would we start Ron, Carter, JO, and Reggie in the same line up?