Keep O'Neal
Croshere
Foster
Jasikevicius
Granger
Harrison
Jones
Tinsley

That would still leave the major part of the team, and we would have 33 million to keep Jones, and replace those you traded. I know most will not agree but this is what I think

Old as Dirt
01-23-2006, 05:48 PM
I just realized a lot of the 33 will be retuned by the trades. I have and still think that the trouble maker is in this trade list.

able
01-23-2006, 06:23 PM
It seems you have to get old for the old brain to kick in and start working :D

Couldn't agree more.

SoupIsGood
01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
If we get all expiring $$$ back, does that put us under the cap?

Jaydawg2270
01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I argee

Anthem
01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Pollard's contract expires this year.

Mourning
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
So, who is going to guard those tall SG's like Pierce, Kobe and T-Mac when Jackson is gone?

I would for now keep Stephen and put Tinsley on the trade list. I would also try to either trade Freddie or AJ. Preferably AJ, because Freddie seems to be coming into his own really well lately, though beware IT IS a contract year for him too. IF we can't resign Freddie for what could be considered "reasonable" then try a sign and trade and keep AJ.

We need a new starting PG. Someone who can defend, pass well, has some decent handles and someone who is durable and experienced. Someone again mentioned Antonio Daniels yesterday, that's the sort of player I want us to be looking for or atleast the way he was last year in Seattle.

IF we do indeed ship Stephen out then I would prefer a young SG with a good potential to play together with Freddie at the SG spot. I want him to be taller and a good defender and if he happens to be able to chime in offensively then that would be very nice too, so we have a flexible mix at that position. Caron Butler and Mickael Pietrus, that's the mold of players I would want the team to be looking for.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

able
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Mourning in all reality are you trying to tell me that Jax is that much of a positive value to this team?
Can you attest he never "lapses" on defense, because he's to busy talking to a ref, or blaming the world for missing, or just because he's in a funk because he missed or is in a funk because he doesn't miss ?

How many onearthly times is he not being cussed by anyone that bleeds Pacers, because he did not close on his man, how many times has he not let someone have a dream night against him?

And has he not all on his own created that niche for himself that makes him the new Black Hole? aka tbh2.

We all know he CAN do it, unfortunately it is rare that he actually does it.

Between that and the remainder of his attitide, I prefer him gone as the first one on the block, yes even before Ron.

tadscout
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Mourning in all reality are you trying to tell me that Jax is that much of a positive value to this team?
Can you attest he never "lapses" on defense, because he's to busy talking to a ref, or blaming the world for missing, or just because he's in a funk because he missed or is in a funk because he doesn't miss ?

How many onearthly times is he not being cussed by anyone that bleeds Pacers, because he did not close on his man, how many times has he not let someone have a dream night against him?

And has he not all on his own created that niche for himself that makes him the new Black Hole? aka tbh2.

Between that and the remainder of his attitide, I prefer him gone as the first one on the block, yes even before Ron.

:boombaby::amen:

317Kim
01-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Anybody who says Keep JO AND Fred is a genius. I agree..

Tad..nice usage of the boom baby smilie :D

tadscout
01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Tad..nice usage of the boom baby smilie :D

:D:thankyou:

tadscout
01-23-2006, 07:06 PM
I think we should trade Tinsley also... IF, IF we can get a quality and durable PG in return in some sort of trade...

It's hard watching one of our best players always sitting out big chunks of time due to injury...

CableKC
01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I think that DiamondDave touched on this before.....but let's look at the salarycap situation assuming that no one outside of Artest is traded and that we get equal salary for Artest ( meaning that we don't see any immediate benefits salarywise from any player that we get ).

Is Bender, Reggie, Gills and Pollard's salary that comes off the book going to be enough to likely resign Freddie much less get us under or near the cap?

I am guessing not.

Heavan forbid....if we trade Croshere away for salarycap "expiring contract" relief.....do we have enough to resign Freddie ( coupled with all the Expiring contracts that we already have )?

The question is....what does salary cap relieft ( in the form of our existing expiring contracts or even our acquiring some through trades of Croshere/Foster/AJ ) get us?

Under the cap....or give us enough breathing room to resign likely Pacer Free Agents?

Mourning
01-23-2006, 07:16 PM

You still haven't answered the question though. I don't like Stephen very much either, but I do recognize that he brings some things to our team that we need IMO. And I want him at SG as a 3rd option not at SF as a 2nd option. That makes quite a difference. It remains to be seen if it works or not, offcourse I know that. But, atleast we could try.

With Tinsley you can't even try something with him, because he hardly ever plays and about a quarter (I'm estimating that, I admit it) of the games he does play he needs to get acclamated to playing (in condition) again after an injury, which makes his use much more limited.

Sorry, I simply don't aggree with you, Able. I don't like either player very much anymore, which is saying a lot since Tinsley was my favorite player in our 60+ games season and the first half last year, but this can not go on. It has to end this summer when his contract makes him tradeable. He'll only get more injuries the older he becomes and he will only make more $$$ the older he becomes.

Stephen can be a real a**hole, but he can be great too, he's extremely streaky. But, in the end I think, even beying a jerk a lot of times, he makes a bigger contribution to our WIN-column by playing, which Tins does not do. Not too mention Tins "IN-OUT"-schedule is bound to have a negative effect on the other PGs and the rest of the backcourt.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

able
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Of course am I assuming that in a trade for JAx we would get a SG, having none is generally not a good idea.

Tins and injured, I'm getting rather tired of people copying what one writes and another assumes to be true and thus we have Tinsley by now in the morgue, playing 1 out of 20 games a season.

the 61 win season (03-04) he was injured or 1 whole week in the beginning, KA got his job without much discussion, hence he did not play a great number of games, he was not injured, he was not happy, but instead of pouting he got himself more then ready to take over when we were 30 games into the season.
Since he played 52 (regular season) games that year, we can assume that he was healthy most of the time :D
He got injured in the playoffs, played while severely injured nonetheless.

in 04-05 (THE season) he played 36 of the first 41 and in the last 27 of those he averaged 19.4 pts and 8.3 Ast
In "the game" on 11/19/04 v Detroit he set the record for most steals by a Pacers player in 25 years; 8
He then got a foot injury which was GROSSLY mis interpreted by the med staff of the Pacers (MIS-diagnosed) which cost him most of the rest of the season, with some limp attempts to come back, came back against the Celtics and won that series for us, though still not healthy by a long shot.
This year had a bout of the flu (who hasn't on the Pacers? Saras did) and now comes back from a TORN BICEPS, not exactly a re-occurring injury but simply one cause by someone hanging on his arm, oh how weird, JO nearly raptured his shoulder like that.

Can we leave the facts for what they are for a change, just because ppl don't like the guy he becomes the 2nd coming of Jonathan Bender, please get of it already.