PDA

View Full Version : Lordy, Lordy, Haywoode Workman's Forty!

Doug
01-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Happy Birthday to my all-time favorite Pacer.

Also, it was 4 years ago today that Al blew out his ACL against the Celtics.

Peck
01-23-2006, 02:01 PM

You know, this should also be included into the list of reasons as when the teams foundation might have cracked.

Does everybody remember what Al was like before the knee injury? Think about it, if he had remained healthy there would never have been a need to trade for Ron.

We could have gone another direction.

Doug
01-23-2006, 04:25 PM
You know, this should also be included into the list of reasons as when the teams foundation might have cracked.

Does everybody remember what Al was like before the knee injury? Think about it, if he had remained healthy there would never have been a need to trade for Ron.

We could have gone another direction.

True enough. Al hasn't been the same player he was before he got hurt - not nearly the 'get in your face' defender he was. He's a good player, but he's a different one.

Anthem
01-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Agreed, Peck. That's a good point.

Although if you measure it that way, maybe the foundation started cracking when Al first hit 40 points.

MagicRat
01-23-2006, 04:57 PM

It's also the birthday of the Pacers Digest poster most likely to be mistaken for Fred Hoiberg. Sneaky.

Happy Birthday, Doug..........:buddies:

Doug
01-23-2006, 05:28 PM
It's also the birthday of the Pacers Digest poster most likely to be mistaken for Fred Hoiberg. Sneaky.

Happy Birthday, Doug..........:buddies:

Thanks!

It was kinda sneaky. I was wondering if anybody would remember that Woody and I share a birthday. You win the prize. :champions

slyder
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
talk about foundation - woody was the
kind of player that supported the pacer's golden
years.