PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best leadership ability?

Pacesetter
01-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Which of the following players has the best natural leadership ability?

Anthem
01-22-2006, 06:53 PM
You gonna give us some choices?

SoupIsGood
01-22-2006, 06:54 PM
You gonna give us some choices?

Be patient, we're a deep team y'know

SoupIsGood
01-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I went with Austin and Danny

317Kim
01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
JO and Cro...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/PACERSGURL/leadingthewayjocro.jpg

Pacesetter
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
See I picked four guys who I think have good natural qualities. JO, Saras, Austin, and Foster. Saras needs to do more doin, and Austin and Jeff need to do more talkin, JO just needs to relax and let everything come to him. JMO.

Unclebuck
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Anyone who is picking Austin I hope you realize he is an extremely quiet person. Not to say he can't lead by example I think he can and he does. But you need more than that to be a good team

Hicks
01-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I picked Sarunas, Jackson (believe it or not), and AJ. I've seen it from Sarunas and AJ. Jackson I sort-of have. He's vocal, I see him (when he himself isn't acting up) help the others when they are, he talks on the floor, he's obviously vocal, and when he's not trying to fight someone in the locker room, he's usually being their buddy.

Will Galen
01-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Sara's has led two different teams to championships, and three straight championships overall.

I think it's a joke to ask that question because there's no doubt about the answer.

indygeezer
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Anyone who is picking Austin I hope you realize he is an extremely quiet person. Not to say he can't lead by example I think he can and he does. But you need more than that to be a good team

Read my post from earlier in the day. Istated that it was AC that called out JO at the start of the season and JO stepped up as a leader. Recently (and I really cannot remember the incident) Cro again called the team to task and they responded. IMO Cro has seen the vacuum left by Reggies departure and is either filling it himself or nagging the annointed one to do it (which shows natural leadership IMO)

Ohhhh I didn't realize we could vote for more than one or I would have added Saras to my vote for Cro.

Frank Slade
01-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Since the question is best natural leadership

Saras seems to be such a natural leader getting his team mates involved every game you can see him patting them on the back or enouraging them vocally or high fiving after a good play...... Not to mention he has been a winner where he goes

dryles
01-22-2006, 08:41 PM
I took the statement "natural leadership qualities" literally.... and picked Sarunas. I think JO is trying to be a leader but it doesn't come naturally, same with Austin. SJ can be a natural leader but I wonder where he's leading.
Mark Jackson was a natural leader.....
Whether it comes to pass or not I don't know, but I think Saras is the only one on this team who was born to it.

Arcadian
01-22-2006, 08:43 PM
When a team is preforming as we are can anybody be considered as doing a good leadership job?

Hicks
01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
When a team is preforming as we are can anybody be considered as doing a good leadership job?

At the same time, you can find the best leader in the world, but ask him to run an immature, undisiplined unit, in a situation where he can't FORCE them to become more mature or disciplined, and he isn't leading them anywhere.

Pacesetter
01-22-2006, 08:46 PM

I think boomer & the pacemates are leading pretty well! :D

Arcadian
01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
At the same time, you can find the best leader in the world, but ask him to run an immature, undisiplined unit, in a situation where he can't FORCE them to become more mature or disciplined, and he isn't leading them anywhere.

So should the title of the be who isn't to blame?

BlueNGold
01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Saras obviously has the most in natural leadership skills. ...but Ronald Reagan had even more and I don't want him playing the point. ;<)

Here is the order:
Saras
AJ
JO

...and there is a huge drop off between Saras and AJ.

BTW, anyone who has to claim they are a leader, is not a leader and will never lead you anywhere. I like JO, but he does not have "it".

SwissExpress
01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Why is Saras's name the only one marked in Italic in that poll? Reminds me of some "dark technologies" used in elections in order to subconsciously influence electors:)

I choose Sarunas. I think a leader (in basketball team) must primarily have three qalities: (1) mental strength, (2) basketball IQ, (3) comunicative capability. I have already seen those qualities in him. I still have to see them in other Pacers.

Hicks
01-22-2006, 09:10 PM
The ones you voted for are in italics.

SwissExpress
01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
:) Sorry, my mistake.

NorCal_Pacerfan
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
JO
Runi
Jax
Cro

Moses
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I can't vote because Bender isn't on there.

Pacesetter
01-22-2006, 10:05 PM
The ones you voted for are in italics.

... AND now we know who HE voted for! lol. ;) :D

Pacesetter
01-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I can't vote because Bender isn't on there.

Technically speaking Ron's not either. There's a reason for leaving them off this list. JB's situation isn't his fault, but I doubt he'll be able to lead this team from the bench unless he comes back as a coach ... hmmmm .... ideas! Ron's not on the list because he's already quit this team, so no need to add him.

SoupIsGood
01-22-2006, 10:18 PM
BTW, anyone who has to claim they are a leader, is not a leader and will never lead you anywhere. I like JO, but he does not have "it".

Tim Duncan has claimed he is a leader plenty of times.....

Raskolnikov
01-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Cro and Cabbage.

01-23-2006, 08:22 AM

Exactly!! Im surprised people picked him! I dont even think JO is a leader, he is only a very good player... nothing else, very quiet and gets the job done.

But.. Sarunas ofcourse, obviously!

Slick Pinkham
01-23-2006, 09:37 AM
I didn't know I could pick more than one.

I really wanted a "none of the above" option.

Sarunas is certainly vocal and emotional but I see no evidence that the other players really follow him. To be a leader the other guys have to at least notice.

Austin seems to have the respect of his teammates and when he says something I think that they all listen. You don't have to yell, scream, and pump your fist to lead.

Kegboy
01-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't think anyone listed is a terribly good leader. If they were, we wouldn't be having some of the problems we are having. Don't try and blame it on bad followers. Everyone respected and listened to Reggie, everyone respected and listened to Mike Brown. JO is trying, but he's just not very good at it. As for Cro and Cabbage, leaders don't take their complaints to the press.

Will Galen
01-23-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't think anyone listed is a terribly good leader. If they were, we wouldn't be having some of the problems we are having. Don't try and blame it on bad followers. Everyone respected and listened to Reggie, everyone respected and listened to Mike Brown. JO is trying, but he's just not very good at it. As for Cro and Cabbage, leaders don't take their complaints to the press.

Reggie said the only one that really listened to him was James Jones.

Kegboy
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Reggie said the only one that really listened to him was James Jones.

Ron listened when Reggie told him to lay down on the scorer's table. :zip:

Jerry_McGuire
01-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Saras should have been No1 no doubt by now, however...
No2. JO
No3. Tins
No4. Cro
No5. Jones

However, the team is upside-down now. You can't see any real face of
this team or real leaders, just chaotic grimace. Thanks Rick. :mad: F***kn "A" coaching!