PDA

View Full Version : MAKE AJ THE STARTING 2 NOW

Jon Theodore
01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Tinsley/AJ combo is a real defensive threat. Both of them get their hands on a lot of balls. I really like how we've been playing so far tonight, good rotations. Sarunas/Fred backup for Tinsley/AJ is a real solid guard rotation in my opinion. Sure, AJ isn't Reggie Miller. But in that lineup, AJ does what he does best...ROLEPLAY. That needs to be his function, a roleplayer.

We do not need this guy running the offense at all. HE has done it well on occasion, but he will not consistently do that.

I'm thinking AJ could make good trade bait with Ron, to net us a solid 2-3 player.

But anyways, if AJ is here...with the players we have now, he should be startign at SG.

SoupIsGood
01-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I'd rather start Jack at SG

Hicks
01-21-2006, 09:14 PM
I prefer AJ at the 2, but I'd rather start Jackson/Granger than AJ/Jackson

Ragnar
01-21-2006, 09:16 PM
I can see playing Jack at the 3. We are really thin at that position and I like AJ at the 2 (his natural position) a lot more than him at the 1.

I would have started Fred over AJ but I can also see how they needed Fred's D when Sarunas is in. AJ is just not quick enough to cover for Sarunas' deffensive liabilities.

So in short I can live with AJ as the starting 2 but I would rather it be Fred.

Anthem
01-21-2006, 09:18 PM
If we're gonna play Jack at the 3, I'd rather start Jones than Johnson.

Frankly, if Tinsley's healthy I'm fine with AJ dropping right out of the lineup. Tins/Saras get all the PG minutes, and Granger/Jax/Jones get all of the minutes at the 2 and 3.

bnd45
01-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Like the backcourt rotation tonight. Got to get Foster more minutes though. It's time to start him and make Harrison the 4th big guy in the rotation.

tadscout
01-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I prefer AJ at the 2, but I'd rather start Jackson/Granger than AJ/Jackson

:iagree:

abington
01-21-2006, 09:21 PM
i dont mind AJ either. though i can't wait till all the sarunas kool-aid drinkers get on here and start squawking.

tora tora
01-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Ricky will never let Saras play PG so long as AJ "the veteran" is in the game.

Anthem
01-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Frankly, if Tinsley's healthy I'm fine with AJ dropping right out of the lineup. Tins/Saras get all the PG minutes, and Granger/Jax/Jones get all of the minutes at the 2 and 3.
I wanna elaborate on this. Playing AJ takes minutes from Jones, Saras, and Granger. Without AJ, Saras would have gotten 9 minutes instead of 7. Jones and Granger got 9 and 5 minutes between them, so they could have gotten something like 14 and 13 between them without AJ eating minutes.

PacerMan
01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Tinsley/AJ combo is a real defensive threat. Both of them get their hands on a lot of balls. I really like how we've been playing so far tonight, good rotations. Sarunas/Fred backup for Tinsley/AJ is a real solid guard rotation in my opinion. Sure, AJ isn't Reggie Miller. But in that lineup, AJ does what he does best...ROLEPLAY. That needs to be his function, a roleplayer.

We do not need this guy running the offense at all. HE has done it well on occasion, but he will not consistently do that.

I'm thinking AJ could make good trade bait with Ron, to net us a solid 2-3 player.

But anyways, if AJ is here...with the players we have now, he should be startign at SG.

Close, but Fred shoiuld start with Tins and AJ the backup.

Jon Theodore
01-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, i'm talking about a situation that is LIKELY to happen.

Freddy will not start, he likes coming off the bench and so does Carlisle.

denyfizle
01-22-2006, 12:32 PM
AJ is really more of an offensive guard not a PG so Jon has a very good argument. For some reason AJ has a hard time distributing the ball under pressure. He will be more effective as our 2. He need not start, but he can come in filling that role.

PacerMan
01-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, i'm talking about a situation that is LIKELY to happen.

Freddy will not start, he likes coming off the bench and so does Carlisle.

NO, you're NOT talking about a situation that is LIKELY to happen.

Carlisle has already SAID that Fred deserves to start and probably should. We all know he would LIKE to.

SO, mine is every bit as likely as yours.

Anthem
01-22-2006, 06:58 PM
AJ is really more of an offensive guard not a PG so Jon has a very good argument. For some reason AJ has a hard time distributing the ball under pressure. He will be more effective as our 2. He need not start, but he can come in filling that role.
I agree that AJ is a better 2 than 1. But the plain fact is that unless somebody gets injured, there's no space at the 2. All the minutes at the swing positions should be taken by Granger, Jax, and Freddy.