PDA

View Full Version : Better impact player

GetOdom
01-21-2006, 06:14 PM
It's a hard choice but it seems like Ron is a better impact player then JO as much as i like JO i think Ron brings a different ball game on the court his defense drastically changes this teams outlook, btw i'm not agreeing with Bball's comments but JO is still a franchise player.

Jermaniac
01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Not many players in the NBA make more impact on a game then Ron. There is probably 5 players max that make more impact then him.

ghost
01-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Of course Ron has better impact. He simply DOESN'T PLAY. That's the ultimate impact a player could have on a game.

tadscout
01-21-2006, 06:28 PM
What type of impact are you looking for? On the court or off? ;):eyebrow:

DG-33
01-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Jermaine. Ron's real good, and a better defensive player, but thats it. Big men are more important than perimeter players.

Kstat
01-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Ron makes a huge impact. It just aisn't always a positive one....

Los Angeles
01-21-2006, 07:08 PM
It's hard to imagine a player that impacts his team worse than Ron Artest. So he gets my vote.

Bball
01-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Ron impacts the game both ways...

IF Ron was stable and sane there is no question that his average game is far more important than JO's. Not in my mind anyway. But Ron is not stable or sane. He's impulsive and reckless.

Ron makes the whole team better (when he is 'with the plan'). JO does not... or certainly not so much.

Or another way to look at it.... JO needs Artest a lot more than Artest needs JO. Artest doesn't even need JO... at all. JO needs somebody.

-Bball

Jermaniac
01-21-2006, 07:14 PM
So we would win a championship with Tins-Jack-Ron-Cro and Foster?

Ron doesnt need JO for what? Making us into a 40 team, put Ron on this team and take JO off of it and its the same results. Damn you are funny guy.

Bball
01-21-2006, 07:19 PM
So we would win a championship with Tins-Jack-Ron-Cro and Foster?

Ron doesnt need JO for what? Making us into a 40 team, put Ron on this team and take JO off of it and its the same results. Damn you are funny guy.

Losing JO is like being shorthanded. Losing Artest is like dropping the team down a notch to mid-packers.

But you can't count on Artest not to go Artest.

-Bball

Jermaniac
01-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Losing JO is like being shorthanded. Losing Artest is like dropping the team down a notch to mid-packers.

But you can't count on Artest not to go Artest.

-BballYou didnt answer my question. You said Ron doesnt need JO, so you are saying this team would be top 3 in the east with Tins-Jack-Ron-Cro and Jeff?

Jon Theodore
01-21-2006, 08:08 PM
The team would be top three in the east with that lineup . Assuming artest is our go to guy and plays every game. But you can't assume that.

JErmaine is more valuable to our franchise now than Ron, but this team without JO would be better, than it is without Ron....circumstantially speaking of course.

Bball
01-22-2006, 03:57 AM
You didnt answer my question. You said Ron doesnt need JO, so you are saying this team would be top 3 in the east with Tins-Jack-Ron-Cro and Jeff?

If Artest was sane then I like our chances with Artest over JO- if I had to choose. And yes, I think we would be a much better team. But there's that little problem where Artest has a tendency to go off the range. So this is really a moot discussion.

I'd start Harrison over Jeff and I'll let you have Tinsley has the starter. I'd be willing to take that team into battle. Unfortunately, Artest can't be counted upon.

I wonder how management would answer this question... if they could be honest or off the record?

-Bball

Antonio
01-22-2006, 06:03 AM
I voted Artest, I remember Playoffs 2004 when Ron leaded our team to the Conference Finals. I think JO is a great player but too soft and too naive: he's the player the most blocked all over the nba today. Look at the last game over Washington, he wasted three ball possessions in the last four minutes of the 4th quarter...
I think Ron should come back to Pacers line-up or should be traded for a new leader like Pierce...

01-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Ronnie... absolutely!

Slick Pinkham
01-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Ron's had the impact of putting 2 whole Pacer seasons in the trash can.

Jermaine could not have done that.

Hicks
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Antonio, Ron didn't lead us to the ECF in 2004. He picked up JO's table scraps against Miami, who they were double and triple teaming.

LakerFan
01-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Odom :D

PacerMan
01-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Ron impacts the game both ways...

IF Ron was stable and sane there is no question that his average game is far more important than JO's. Not in my mind anyway. But Ron is not stable or sane. He's impulsive and reckless.

Ron makes the whole team better (when he is 'with the plan'). JO does not... or certainly not so much.

Or another way to look at it.... JO needs Artest a lot more than Artest needs JO. Artest doesn't even need JO... at all. JO needs somebody.

-Bball

That's BS and if Ron was playing while Jermaine was gone AND Tinsley out you'd all be saying the exact same things. About Ron.
:rolleyes:

Jermaniac
01-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Yep thats him though you cant expect any different. Its his job to make up BS theory's and make everyone think that nothing good can go on with this team.

18to88
01-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I voted Artest, I remember Playoffs 2004 when Ron leaded our team to the Conference Finals. I think JO is a great player but too soft and too naive: he's the player the most blocked all over the nba today. Look at the last game over Washington, he wasted three ball possessions in the last four minutes of the 4th quarter...
I think Ron should come back to Pacers line-up or should be traded for a new leader like Pierce...

That Pierce jersey looks good, I could get used to that.

J_2_Da_IzzO
01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
You think Artest could do better with this team and no JO. Ill tell you he cant. Even with JO and Artest we struggled and wasnt playing up to par.

Im just glad JO has his heart in the right place. If Artest was in JOs position now I think he would have had fights with his players by now and instead of be a leader saying we need to get through this I think he would dig into players and be immature about it.