PDA

View Full Version : Can you raed tihs?

pacercoltfan
01-21-2006, 03:20 PM
VERY INTERESTING! CAN YOU READ THIS?

Can you raed tihs? Olny srmat poelpe can.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

This was sent to me in an email. I guess splleing rlleay ins't taht ipmoratnt atfer all. :D

Pig Nash
01-21-2006, 03:30 PM
I've never seen this ever before and it's spelled Title not Tital.

317Kim
01-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I did this in school last year..It's pretty neat.

Jaydawg2270
01-22-2006, 05:20 PM
i understad everything

heywoode
01-22-2006, 09:58 PM
This was sent to me in an email. I guess splleing rlleay ins't taht ipmoratnt atfer all. :D

Not really important, just mildly annoyin when it isn't done correctly! :cool:
I found the faster I tried to read your paragraph, the easier it was to read.

i understad everything

Explain why VA can't find a normal girl to hang with then.

SoupIsGood
01-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Explain why VA can't find a normal girl to hang with then.

heywoode
01-24-2006, 09:45 AM

Ummmmm......I'm confused.

Hicks
01-24-2006, 10:15 AM
I wonder how far this goes? Like if you did it with words that have more than, say, 6 syllables.

Raskolnikov
01-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I wonder how far this goes? Like if you did it with words that have more than, say, 6 syllables.
6 syllables? Probably not. I think the word has to be commonly enough used and short enough so that it is recognized by the human mind. Having a context in which it is used is also helpful.

Example: can anyone read this?

ogihamolhtipsolt

Kat
01-24-2006, 12:08 PM
6 syllables? Probably not. I think the word has to be commonly enough used and short enough so that it is recognized by the human mind. Having a context in which it is used is also helpful.

Example: can anyone read this?

ogihamolhtipsolt

opthamologist?

That ain't right, it's too short.

Raskolnikov
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
opthamologist?

That ain't right, it's too short.
Maybe. Or maybe you're just good at this. You come up with a longer one! ;)

And it's ophthalmologist. :tongue:

Also, english is not my first language, so my feeling for the words is probably a lot worse than yours.

EDIT: I realized that you probably meant by "it's too short" that you thought your word was wrong. I misinterpreted that. So you can ignore my comment on that. Or not. If you like it. It's up to you! ;)

Kat
01-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Maybe. Or maybe you're just good at this. You come up with a longer one! ;)

And it's ophthalmologist. :tongue:

Also, english is not my first language, so my feeling for the words is probably a lot worse than yours.

EDIT: I realized that you probably meant by "it's too short" that you thought your word was wrong. I misinterpreted that. So you can ignore my comment on that. Or not. If you like it. It's up to you! ;)

Yeah, I meant my guess was too short (duh, it's misspelled). It's a sufficiently complex word that I doubt most people would get it. I'm just a geek who thought about it for a while (else it would've bugged me).

Gotta go brush up on that spelling.... :nerd:

Raskolnikov
01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm just a geek who thought about it for a while (else it would've bugged me).
Well, I'm the geek that came up with it, so I guess: me = :nerd::nerd:.

I used a dictionary by the way.

Pig Nash
01-24-2006, 05:56 PM
also i think this just proves context is the most important thing anyway.

SamBear
01-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Sometimes that's how I see words... :(

So yeah I could read it... :D