View Full Version : VA speaks 1-20-05 Wolves defeat Pacers

Outlaw
01-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Pollard is out with a bad back again.

Young
01-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Didn't read through your whole post VA but noticed this:

__________________________________________________ _______________
Jeff was his typical self, including the quota for required missed lay ups in a NBA game.

I believe he was 2-4 from the field. How many layups did you think you see this guy miss?

pacerwaala
01-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Didn't read through your whole post VA but noticed this:

Jeff was his typical self, including the quota for required missed lay ups in a NBA game.

I believe he was 2-4 from the field. How many layups did you think you see this guy miss?

he missed one bunny for sure

heywoode
01-21-2006, 01:01 AM
He definitely missed one, and since he rarely shoots jumpers, we can probably surmise from his 2-4 from field that he missed two point blank shots. He kinda makes up for it with hustle boards and second chances, but DAMN it would be nice to see him take advantage of all that hard work banging down low and give us some easy buckets!

Even though we lost tonight, I was encouraged that they finally came to play and took it seriously enough to get back in it late. Easily a game we could've won, so I will take that over a Phoenix-style beatdown on the road.

Of course, now they have to win tomorrow against the Bulls to keep the W-L pattern going...

Anthem
01-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Not a lot of talk about the game tonight. Is it just a Friday, or is interest starting to wane?

heywoode
01-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Is it just a Friday, or is interest starting to wane?

Yes.

Bball
01-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Not a lot of talk about the game tonight. Is it just a Friday, or is interest starting to wane?

You would be correct...

-Bball

grace
01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
FREE THROWS- I don’t think I have ever seen a Pacers team suck so badly at hitting free throws.

I doubt it's been this bad for at least 18 years. That's what happens when your best free throw shooter retires. If Austin and Cabbage don't get to the line we're pretty much screwed. Although if/when Jermaine is ready to come back he's a lot better than he used to be. (He's sure to suck now that I gave him a compliment.)

Jack looked off, but I am not even worried about that. Jack is so damned streaky, and when we have to rely on him as the first option, you know some days he on, and some days he not………

You'd think playing with the flu would make him play worse.

Lastly, I end with a question. I have not heard much about Pollard. Is he still on the team? What’s up with him, I was not aware of any injury….when is he due back?

When is he due back? Are you kidding? Do you ever believe it when they say a Pacer will be back from an injury? I know I don't. I haven't heard anything about Scot other than he's out because of his back. Considering I haven't heard anything about when he's expected to be back I would think that's not good. (And since I said that I'm sure he'll play tonight.)

SoupIsGood
01-21-2006, 01:23 PM
YIKES!

Good catch VA! At home, David shoots 54% on his freethrows, but on the road, it drops to 37%. :yikes:

Of course, he hasn't even shot 40 freethrows yet this season.

Unclebuck
01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
The other shot Jeff missed was blocked,

Lord Helmet
01-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Besides a few missed layups from Jeff, I thought he played well. He is one of the reasons we almost came back, with all of the offensive boards he got.

Also, he probably only missed 1 free throw last night. :-o If any. :-o

GetOdom
01-21-2006, 02:20 PM
I like Rick, i'm not in love with his coaching but i'm happy for what he has done in the last few years but his time is up we need a different coach a different style.