PDA

View Full Version : Pacer players love going in the Stands

Jon Theodore
01-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Whats the deal with only guys in Pacers uniforms going in the stands. I mean obviously the brawl, then AD.

I mean, didn't sam mitchell at one point go in the stands? It's just a humorous concept, all the people to go into the stands for various reasons were Pacers.

I love this ORGANIZATION.

ChicagoJ
01-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Sam Mitchell and Dennis Rodman got tangled up on the sideline of a Pacers/ Spurs game, and stumbled over the front row of courtside seats. That's probably what you are referring to.

SoThenRobbieSaid
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Unless we gave up our draft rights for him, Vernon "Mad" Maxwell went in the stands once. That would make the Pacer organization 2 out of 3 for stand run-ins.

Kaufman
01-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Just an as a matter of fact comment, I chuckled at your title.

Jon Theodore
01-20-2006, 01:12 AM
IS it not true?

Jim R
01-20-2006, 01:40 AM
I think it's just games where Larry Brown are coaching.

Anthem
01-20-2006, 01:56 AM
I think it's just games where Larry Brown are coaching.
A Pacers coach. Coincidence? I think not.

ChicagoJ
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
I'd like to point out that Artest and AD were also ex-Bulls.

naptownmenace
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Barkley went into the stands to confront a fan that spit on him. He didn't quite make it to the fan but he did go into the stands.

I think that kills the Pacers connection right there. :cool:

Hicks
01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Charles wanted to be a Pacer at one point. :teach:

brichard
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I think Oliver Miller went in the stands once, but it was only because he was trying to get the attention of the cotton candy guy. There was a feeling of tension in the air, but once he got his candy, everybody breathed a sigh of relief.

:)

Since86
01-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Barkley went into the stands to confront a fan that spit on him. He didn't quite make it to the fan but he did go into the stands.

I think that kills the Pacers connection right there. :cool:

Barkley spit into the stands, and hit the wrong person.

He was never spit on.

"A talker who enjoyed interacting with fans, whether friends or foes, Barkley was intensely criticized in March of 1991, when he apparently spit at a child sitting at courtside. He explained afterward that he'd meant to hit a fan who was taunting him with racial epithets."

http://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/barkleyc.shtml

Frank Slade
01-20-2006, 01:21 PM
AJ just recently went into the stands in New Jersey...;)

Slick Pinkham
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Cedric Maxwell went into the stands once. I heard him talking about it on Boston radio in the Ron aftermath. It was no big deal. I don't think he was even suspended.

Also as noted above, "Mad Max" Vernon Maxwell.

naptownmenace
01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Barkley spit into the stands, and hit the wrong person.

He was never spit on.

"A talker who enjoyed interacting with fans, whether friends or foes, Barkley was intensely criticized in March of 1991, when he apparently spit at a child sitting at courtside. He explained afterward that he'd meant to hit a fan who was taunting him with racial epithets."

http://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/barkleyc.shtml

Opps. :blush:

I got that one all twisted up.

Anthem
01-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Cedric Maxwell went into the stands once. I heard him talking about it on Boston radio in the Ron aftermath. It was no big deal. I don't think he was even suspended.

Also as noted above, "Mad Max" Vernon Maxwell.
Bird said guys used to go into the stands all the time.

brichard
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Bird said guys used to go into the stands all the time.

Didn't Bird jawjack somebody while he was playing at Indiana State? It seems to me he hit a fan.