PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a Matt Carroll?

Young
01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Watching the Bobcats game got me thinking about how we could really use a guy like Matt Carroll on this team. A pure lights out shooter. Yeah we have Saras but I think we could add another one.

A guy like Matt Carroll, Kyle Korver, Jason Kapono, Salim Stoudamire, Voshon Lenoard. Just someone to come in and try and knock down a 3 or 2. A guy who can spot up and spread the defense and help the Pacers get the momentum.

I'd love to have a guy like that to just come in and drain 3s.

DG-33
01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Matt Carroll's 15-35 (.300) from downtown. So obviously he isn't a good example, but I know what you mean. We've got some long ballers. Saras and Austi are each hitting 41%+, Jackson hits 37%, and Freddie hits 34%.

skyfire
01-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Almost all the guys you listed are defensive liabilities. I'd prefer to have someone with an awesome mid range game like Rip. We've already got a bunch of players who can hit from deep.

Anthem
01-19-2006, 08:38 PM
What the team needs and what I'd emotionally like might be different things.

Let me describe what I'd really like on this team... a swingman with a deadeye outside shot who's not a defensive liability, is good in the locker room, doesn't need shots to be happy, and can make something happen without the ball in his hands.

That's why I wanted to keep James Jones. I know, he's not God's gift to the wing position. No, he's not better than Steven Jackson. Maybe he's not better than Fred Jones. Maybe this is as good as he'll ever be. But he provides something I really like in a bench swingman.

Just once, I wanted to see James and Granger on the court together at the 2 and 3 spots.