PDA

View Full Version : Isiah threatens ESPN's Bill Simmons

Chest Rockwell
01-19-2006, 06:02 PM
I didn't see this on here, but apparently Zeke is losing his mind.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?entryDate=20060117&name=simmons

and

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

ChicagoJ
01-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Even Isiah can't figure out that Bill Simmons is just a comedian who likes to write about basketball and his beloved Boston teams. Nothing more.

:rolleyes:

Kegboy
01-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Even Isiah can't figure out that Bill Simmons is just a comedian who likes to write about basketball and his beloved Boston teams. Nothing more.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's all well and good, until ESPN Radio has him hosting their nationally broadcast evening drivetime show for a whole week before christmas. :rollout:

For the most part, I enjoy his writing very much, but I'd still love to see Isiah pop him one.

Shade
01-19-2006, 06:41 PM
The :knicks: are on a roll this week.

pizza guy
01-19-2006, 11:58 PM
i like how isiaha explains the guys who take personal shots at people.

"Those little 5 foot 2 guys who sit behind desks..."

Yeah, never take personal shots. :rolleyes:

Vicious Tyrant
01-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that's all well and good, until ESPN Radio has him hosting their nationally broadcast evening drivetime show for a whole week before christmas. :rollout:
Oh man, that was brutal. The guys a funny writer, but he's got no radio presence. Maybe he was just nervous doing a new thing, but the guy had no personality.

Since86
01-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh man, that was brutal. The guys a funny writer, but he's got no radio presence. Maybe he was just nervous doing a new thing, but the guy had no personality.

I don't think personality was the problem.

The problem was that he turned a national show into a Boston show. All I heard him talk about was the Sox, Celts, and why it's sacreligious to compare Adam Morrison to Larry "Basketball Jesus" Bird.

He really did say it was sacreligious, and that he wouldn't do it just on the principle of the thought.

N8R
01-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I agree with Bill Simmons that Isiah is one of the worst GM's in the league. I hope that very soon he is out of New York and onto the Pistons, that way he can ruin them from the inside out.

PistonsNation
01-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Does that even qualify as a threat?