That is all. :censored:

Where do you go?

The Toxic Avenger
01-18-2006, 11:09 PM
unemployment sucks
It really really sucks
unemployment sucks
It really really sucks

But on the plus side I wont ever have to repay any student loans and I'm getting a job ASAP.

Kat
01-19-2006, 08:53 AM
It really really sucks,
College sucks,
It really really sucks

That is all. :censored:

No, work sucks. It really really sucks. My college classes are a *break* from the misery that is my job.

Why stay? Because we need the money and I seem to be completely inept at job hunting. Bah. My only comfort is that it's a temp job and *cannot* last longer than six months. But seeing as I'm only a little over two months into it and they seem to be dragging their asses hiring a permanent person, it's very little comfort. I will kill myself if I have to put up with this four more months.

:suicide:

TheLemonSong
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm in 17th grade, and I *love* school!!! I'll be inschool until I'm about 28...no necessary routine, lots of freetime, educational enrichment, whats not to like?

Hicks
01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
It's starting to suck again for me. Just from the stress. This semester is my last before Student Teaching, and work load just shot up considerably from ever before. I haven't felt this overwhelmed since my freshman year.

On the plus side, the increase in work probably means I'm soon done working at Pizza Hut at all. :happydanc

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Im just now getting back into the swing of things, so I cant complain, not yet at least.

Work plus college sucks.

Damn straight.

I'll I ever do is work and go to school.

Work, School, Sleep. School, Work, Sleep. School, Work, School.

I haven't seen any of the last 3 Pacer games. :blush::mad::cry:

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Where do you go?

The glorious University of Indianapolis.

On the plus side, its a great school in comparison to my other friends's schools such as Purdue, USI, Vincennes, IU, and Ivy Tech. I have 5 classes this semester, all taught by Dr.'s unlike many stories from my friends who say they've been taught by upperclassmen.

But it doesn't matter where I went, I still wouldn't like it. I love just going to work, getting paid, and going home.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 03:54 PM
unemployment sucks
It really really sucks
unemployment sucks
It really really sucks

But on the plus side I wont ever have to repay any student loans and I'm getting a job ASAP.

Dude!

You sleep till noon, you get up and watch a movie, consider going to work, but end up just getting a snack, then you play Halo, then you play Euchre, and about that time your supposed to meet me for something, but are still late.

Alright fine, the money sucks, but what do you need money for? If I wasn't getting married I wouldn't need the money?

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm in 17th grade, and I *love* school!!! I'll be inschool until I'm about 28...no necessary routine, lots of freetime, educational enrichment, whats not to like?

:shudder:

Kat
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
But it doesn't matter where I went, I still wouldn't like it. I love just going to work, getting paid, and going home.

I'm curious. What's your major?

If you like work and hate school so much, wouldn't it make sense to just work? It seems to me like you should enjoy your classes, since they (should) relate to your future career. I suppose if your current classes are prerequisites and don't really apply to your future career, then you might be bored/frustrated/whatever, but if we're talking about classes in your major, then you might want to examine what you're doing.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm curious. What's your major?

If you like work and hate school so much, wouldn't it make sense to just work? It seems to me like you should enjoy your classes, since they (should) relate to your future career. I suppose if your current classes are prerequisites and don't really apply to your future career, then you might be bored/frustrated/whatever, but if we're talking about classes in your major, then you might want to examine what you're doing.

Well I recently just changed from Communication to Business for the future money aspect. Which is sadly the only reason why I'm going. Its not that I don't like the classes, right now only Intn'l business sucks, but I just don't like school in general.

After 1 and a half years I've been kicking *** grade wise, 3.9 on 4.0 gpa, but the world of academia and I do not mesh.

But yeah, I'm not doing what I want to do, but I really can't say what I want to do besides play guitar in a rock band. :laugh: Which obviously is fruitless, so yeah I'm just doing it for the future money.

beaversnducks311
01-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I have also come to hate the college life Diamond Dave......but my dislike lies in not living at home. being away from family and certain avengers is killing me. luckily classes aren't too bad this semester, yet i still dislike them. i suppose i should declare a major soon, or it will only get worse.

i miss sleeping till noon and then getting up and watching a movie then playing euchre!!!!

There, i think i'm done for now. :sigh:

over and out.

beavsnducks

Kat
01-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Well I recently just changed from Communication to Business for the future money aspect. Which is sadly the only reason why I'm going. Its not that I don't like the classes, right now only Intn'l business sucks, but I just don't like school in general.

After 1 and a half years I've been kicking *** grade wise, 3.9 on 4.0 gpa, but the world of academia and I do not mesh.

But yeah, I'm not doing what I want to do, but I really can't say what I want to do besides play guitar in a rock band. :laugh: Which obviously is fruitless, so yeah I'm just doing it for the future money.

Dude, that sucks. If you only take on a major/career because of the future money, you're setting yourself up to be *miserable.* Trust me, I make a decent amount of money for what I'm doing, but I want to ****ing throw myself out a window (literally) some days. It ain't worth it. I would gladly downgrade to a near-minimum wage job if I was more fulfilled psychologically.

You're probably going to work at least 40 hours a week, 30+ years at any given career you choose. Additionally, work tends to bleed into more than 40 hours a week when you consider prep time and travel, overtime, de-stressing after work, etc. That is a lot of ****ing time to spend on something just for the money. You probably won't have time or energy to enjoy that money.

I think you gotta balance the pleasure you get out of work and the money you make. Too far in either direction (in most instances), and you set yourself up for failure.

beaversnducks311
01-19-2006, 04:10 PM
But yeah, I'm not doing what I want to do, but I really can't say what I want to do besides play guitar in a rock band. :laugh: Which obviously is fruitless, so yeah I'm just doing it for the future money.[/QUOTE]

Don't be so hard on yourself. you kick a s s DAVE!! :guitar:

andy too. :rimshot:

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I have also come to hate the college life Diamond Dave......but my dislike lies in not living at home. being away from family and certain avengers is killing me. luckily classes aren't too bad this semester, yet i still dislike them. i suppose i should declare a major soon, or it will only get worse.

i miss sleeping till noon and then getting up and watching a movie then playing euchre!!!!

There, i think i'm done for now. :sigh:

over and out.

beavsnducks

Alright, its agreed then. You'll come back home, I'll never go back to school, the Avenger will be on time for band practice, and then we'll all go out to BW3's.

Eh, won't ever happen.

He'd never be on time for practice.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Dude, that sucks. If you only take on a major/career because of the future money, you're setting yourself up to be *miserable.* Trust me, I make a decent amount of money for what I'm doing, but I want to ****ing throw myself out a window (literally) some days. It ain't worth it. I would gladly downgrade to a near-minimum wage job if I was more fulfilled psychologically.

You're probably going to work at least 40 hours a week, 30+ years at any given career you choose. Additionally, work tends to bleed into more than 40 hours a week when you consider prep time and travel, overtime, de-stressing after work, etc. That is a lot of ****ing time to spend on something just for the money. You probably won't have time or energy to enjoy that money.

I think you gotta balance the pleasure you get out of work and the money you make. Too far in either direction (in most instances), and you set yourself up for failure.

Oh, I'm fine with the job I have now. However I know its not something that I could do for the rest of my life. Actually, I'm getting a new job in about a month. Well, same company, different job. This job is what actually a lot of people do for a career. I just never thought it would be my career. But that was back when I was younger, and I thought I would have a career. I quickly learning that I am not a "career-oriented person," my focus goes on family and friends.

So as of right now I'm in college to be able to better support my family and future family, and to give me the stability to be able to enjoy the other aspects of life. However, I feel that during the semester I have no stability.

Kat
01-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh, I'm fine with the job I have now. However I know its not something that I could do for the rest of my life. Actually, I'm getting a new job in about a month. Well, same company, different job. This job is what actually a lot of people do for a career. I just never thought it would be my career. But that was back when I was younger, and I thought I would have a career. I quickly learning that I am not a "career-oriented person," my focus goes on family and friends.

So as of right now I'm in college to be able to better support my family and future family, and to give me the stability to be able to enjoy the other aspects of life. However, I feel that during the semester I have no stability.

I don't mean to get too personal, but how much will you make at your new job? Is there any room for advancement without a degree? How much could you possibly make within this same area without a degree? How much do you think you need to support a family? How many children are you expecting to have? Will your wife work too?

It just seems a shame to make yourself miserable getting a degree, put yourself into (initial) debt, and take a job you won't like, just to have a little more money in the bank further down the road. I'd rather live frugally and be happy than have tons of money but waste half my life on something unfulfilling. :shrug:

SoupIsGood
01-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Does it suck more than high school? I don't see how it could

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Does it suck more than high school? I don't see how it could

For most people? No. I think most people seem to like it.

However, I grew up in a huge hurry, and this just seems to be slowing down my life.

But OTOH, I hated HS too.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't mean to get too personal, but how much will you make at your new job? Is there any room for advancement without a degree? How much could you possibly make within this same area without a degree? How much do you think you need to support a family? How many children are you expecting to have? Will your wife work too?

It just seems a shame to make yourself miserable getting a degree, put yourself into (initial) debt, and take a job you won't like, just to have a little more money in the bank further down the road. I'd rather live frugally and be happy than have tons of money but waste half my life on something unfulfilling. :shrug:

Can't really answer most of those questions, but I'll say this. Yes I could advance, and live comfortably, however my "warming up too" this job is only a recent thing. For all my life, I swore I would never do it (I believe you know Peck) he and I would be doing the same thing. Now I start next week in orientation and I'll have to evaluate in a couple of months.

beaversnducks311
01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
obviously there is more freedom, but for me(living on campus) living with a roommate and in a small box where you have to keep everything you need SUCKS. night classes suck. waking up later is nice. writing paper after paper after paper sucks. no more easy worksheets. ha. i hate school in general anyway, so doing four more years, i knew, was going to suck. i asked for it i suppose.

i'm also a homebody, and for anyone who lives on campus 2 hours away from where your family and friends live, it REALLY sucks. i hate it. and long distance bills bite, and without me or my boyfriend or my family having cell phones, our conversations are few and far between.

the internet just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

*sniff* i want to go home.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
obviously there is more freedom, but for me(living on campus) living with a roommate and in a small box where you have to keep everything you need SUCKS. night classes suck. waking up later is nice. writing paper after paper after paper sucks. no more easy worksheets. ha. i hate school in general anyway, so doing four more years, i knew, was going to suck. i asked for it i suppose.

i'm also a homebody, and for anyone who lives on campus 2 hours away from where your family and friends live, it REALLY sucks. i hate it. and long distance bills bite, and without me or my boyfriend or my family having cell phones, our conversations are few and far between.

the internet just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

*sniff* i want to go home.

Hey, what are you guys doing for Spring Break?

I'm also too the point where I'll help pay for his cell phone if he'd just get one. Also I thought you roomed with a friend? That wouldn't be bad, IMO. But then again I wouldn't know.

Kat
and long distance bills bite, and without me or my boyfriend or my family having cell phones, our conversations are few and far between.

You're a girl? :confused:

SoupIsGood
Well, I can't wait to get away from home, so hopefully it will be fun!

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
You're a girl? :confused:

She is very much a girl who likes to curse alot when she loses in card games. ;)

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, I can't wait to get away from home, so hopefully it will be fun!

Dude, don't get a job while you're there. Just don't. Do you hear me? DON'T!

It will ruin everything. I figure that a person can be happy either going to school, or going to work. But to do both ruins both.

SoupIsGood
01-19-2006, 04:38 PM

It will ruin everything. I figure that a person can be happy either going to school, or going to work. But to do both ruins both.

Yup, I'm going to bum it as long as I can, because honestly I would go insane working and double majoring I think.

I've saved up some money, I'll just have to see how long it lasts.

beaversnducks311
01-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey, what are you guys doing for Spring Break?

I'm also too the point where I'll help pay for his cell phone if he'd just get one. Also I thought you roomed with a friend? That wouldn't be bad, IMO. But then again I wouldn't know.

with my best friend. but at times it doesn't matter. when you are with somebody for 24 hours a day, and you only have 2 other friends on campus you hang out with, it makes you want to kill yourself.

and aside from all of that, we don't share a lot of the same views anymore, she doesn't approve of certain things or certain people in my life. i'm constantly criticized about everything, even my own personal opinions it seems. lately it's been like living with my mother. and i can't take it anymore.

i don't know about spring break...no money on our end, as usual....first week of march?

Natston
01-19-2006, 04:42 PM

But for me I can escape class while at work and vice versa...

beaversnducks311
01-19-2006, 04:42 PM
She is very much a girl who likes to curse alot when she loses in card games. ;)

OH, you're just bitter. ;)

and an a**hole.

The Toxic Avenger
01-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Dude!

You sleep till noon, you get up and watch a movie, consider going to work, but end up just getting a snack, then you play Halo, then you play Euchre, and about that time your supposed to meet me for something, but are still late.

Alright fine, the money sucks, but what do you need money for? If I wasn't getting married I wouldn't need the money?
Well sleeping til noon is only a good thing if you didn't stay up until 4 or 5 the night before... which I usually do in order to study for my upcoming employment. (AND because I slept until noon the day before)

As for watching a movie... you can't buy or rent that many when you don't get paid to work. Same goes for food, cd's, internet, telephone, cell phone, GASOLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Unlike some who have access to almost every movie, song, TV Series, and listens to Satelite Radio while talking on his Cell phone driving the car that he got brand new to his the wedding and then off to his honeymoon in the gulf of Mexico) Yeah...I'm sure working and going to school has no benefits at all. :banghead:

You never seem to consider the fact that people like myself who do nothing can do NOTHING with out some one else's help and approval. My saving's account has approximately $5.35 down from $4,000.00 and my car is a POS that will soon implode leaving me disabled and stranded some where in between here and Muncie.

WEDDING? Helll no! I couldn't afford an engagement ring let alone pay the court costs to elope.:censored:

:soapbox: