PDA

View Full Version : I just want one normal female friend

Diamond Dave
01-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Dude, the mere title of your thread is impossible. They are women. Logic and rational thinking elludes them. FACT.

Hopefully my fiance does not read this. If anyone asks I'm diamonddave00. :shhh:

Believe_in_blue
01-19-2006, 12:02 AM
If shes jealous then you don't want it to get any more serious. Peroid. No matter how good looking she is. In my experiences, jealous girls are usually the ones who cheat and it's their own insecurities about themselvs that make them jealous.

Good luck in pursuit of a normal girl.:cool:

Pig Nash
01-19-2006, 12:08 AM
normal female friend

you've got three words that do not compute

Kegboy
01-19-2006, 12:44 AM
What was Jack's line on lost a couple eps back, something like, "as long as you don't try and convince me all women aren't crazy." Btw, good for him giving Kate the cold shoulder this week.

I digress. Blue's right about jealous women.

Is that the real reason Btown's left? He's gonna walk the earth kung-fu style to fine a normal woman for you?

SoupIsGood
01-19-2006, 01:09 AM
boo to jealousy

Hicks
01-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I tried hard to be the first to respond to this last night with a sound bite of Picard's "NO! NOOOOOOOOOOO! *shatter*" to answer your request, but I couldn't find a clip on Google. :(

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I tried hard to be the first to respond to this last night with a sound bite of Picard's "NO! NOOOOOOOOOOO! *shatter*" to answer your request, but I couldn't find a clip on Google. :(

Ah, Star Trek: TNG quoting. The ladies can never resist. :laugh: ;)

Kat
01-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Ah, Star Trek: TNG quoting. The ladies can never resist. :laugh: ;)

Did someone say Star Trek?

Deadshot
01-19-2006, 05:14 PM
VA, you need a diary.

beaversnducks311
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Dude, the mere title of your thread is impossible. They are women. Logic and rational thinking elludes them. FACT.

Hopefully my fiance does not read this. If anyone asks I'm diamonddave00. :shhh:

:tsk: i bet she'll find out some how.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2006, 05:19 PM
:tsk: i bet she'll find out some how.

What the deuce!?

Blast!

Hicks
01-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Did someone say Star Trek?

****ing Vulcans.

Kat
01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
****ing Vulcans.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/obnoxiousmodesty/Kat/vulcan.gif

grace
01-20-2006, 04:06 PM
VA, you need a diary.

Maybe Hicks will form a "VA's problems with women: An online blog" section for the board. ;)

As for the woman with the jealousy issues I've seen it before but it was in the form of a man having to know where his woman was very second of every day because he was busy cheating on her.

heywoode
01-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Dude, if you find some girl that you feel like is 'normal' and you click with on a platonic level, that is probably the girl you should be getting with. Of course, that is assuming your goal is a long term relationship, i.e. marriage....

Suaveness
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
You should listen to my roommate's girl problems.

1. He had a really good friend from HS for about 5 years. He had a female friend here at school, and she and his HS friend met by accident online and started dating, WITHOUT even telling him for 4 months. And that was accidently too. So not only do 2 of his friends not even tell him, she starts taking over his HS friend's life. So now, my roomie really never gets to ever talk to his HS friend. And she's a clingy, stupid idiot. Not great.

2. He had a g/f recently. And my roomie is the type of person who really values friendship, relationships, etc. He takes it seriously. Well he was really happen going out with this girl. Only, 3 months later, she decides to break up because "God told her". He's still confused 7 months later.

3. Now another one of his 2 good friends here at school just broke up because she just didn't feel like going out anymore (and they were a damn good couple). So he's got 2 friends who can't talk to each other...how do you hang out?

So yeah, its the pits for him. Doesn't help that 75% of this school is female.

Kegboy
01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
"God told her"

Your friend dated Mark Jackson? :-o

Doesn't help that 75% of this school is female.

Why the **** did I go to Purdue again? :(

Suaveness
01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Your friend dated Mark Jackson? :-o

Why the **** did I go to Purdue again? :(

Yes but 99% of that 75% believe that no guy here wants to date, so it's ****ing impossible to lasso one of them.

Skaut_Ech
01-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Okay, let me add a gripe asking why can't women be normal.

I was out with some of my female friends. They're mid-twenties. I'm early forties. So, I'm pointing out guy in the bar, where we're hoisting a few, an d asking them what they think.

I kept getting the response "He's too old". These guys were my age. I kept asking them, too old for what? They'd just say there would be too big an age difference.

Now I changed tact. I asked them if they would date Johnny Depp if he walked in.

Yes.

George Clooney?

Hell, yeah.

Brad Pitt?

Oh, yeah!

Then I pointed out to them that Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are the exact same age as me. Clooney is actually two years older.

Now what gets me is that women will gripe to anyone who'll listen that they can't find any nice guys out there. They'll discount a guy becasue of his age...or his job...or whatever. Yet, ultimately they'll tend to go for flash over substance, then gripe that they can't find anyone.:duh::eyebrow2:

On a side note, I was at Six downtown last weekend and Cabbage went walking by. IN the same breath, I overheard a girl say "He's not very cute, but then he is a Pacer. I've got to meet him". :irked:

Normal female? Is there such an animal?

Kat
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Normal female? Is there such an animal?

Yes. I wish guys would stop acting like we're frakkin' Martians or something.

As for your friends dating George Clooney or Brad Pitt, but not your average 40-something guy in a bar, you've got to consider the context. First of all, Clooney and Pitt are probably more attractive than your average barfly. Also, they know something about Clooney or Pitt (especially if they're celebrity-obsessed, ugh). At the very least, they know they're famous and rich, which can make up for a lot of flaws (including age). They know nothing about the guys you were pointing out; they could be broke slobs still living with their mothers, for all you know.

There's probably certain characteristics you look for in a woman (including age, I'm betting). If you're just randomly looking at women in a bar, you'll probably exclude women that are too fat, skinny, old, young, small chested, whatever. But if you knew more about them, like say they have a great sense of humor or a kind heart or make a few million a year, you'd probably reconsider your initial evaluation, *especially* if they're on the edge of what you'd consider appealing. (I'm willing to bet that your friends would readily date guys in their 30s.) So you've got to consider all the information these women are evaluating. You really are comparing apples to oranges when comparing guys in a bar to Clooney and Pitt.

It's also not fair to criticize women for going after "flash" and not "substance" when you're asking them about superficial characteristics in the first place! What are they supposed to evaluate strangers in a bar on? Their personality, their compassion, their intelligence? No. You asked a superficial question, got a superficial answer, then labelled *them* superficial. That isn't fair.

As far as women that complain about not finding nice guys out there, but actually dismissing nice guys in favor of guys with flash, I think you've got a bit of selection bias going on there. The women who do value substance over flash are probably in a committed relationship to some nice guy somewhere. They aren't available to go barhopping with you and scope out single guys.

So, yes, there are women who have messed up priorities. But they don't represent the majority of women. And there are plenty of men out there that have just as messed up priorities. I doubt you'd appreciate me lumping you together with all those guys looking for one-night stands.

Why does it bother you what these women look for in a man? Are you trying to date one of them?

Skaut_Ech
01-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Why does it bother you what these women look for in a man? Are you trying to date one of them?

How about they're my friends and I care about them. You can only watch freinds make so may bad choices before it starts to bug you and make you wonder why.

Kat
01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
How about they're my friends and I care about them. You can only watch freinds make so may bad choices before it starts to bug you and make you wonder why.

Well, if your friends truly seem to value flash over substance (not just based on one conversation at the bar, which I've already pointed out was a superficial question), then they probably need to gain maturity or get therapy. That is, if they're looking to actually settle down in the first place. I'm not sure there's much you can do to help, other than point out that great guy they're overlooking or (tactfully) point it out when they're being contradictory ("Oh, I want a nice guy, but Phil is just so boring!"). :shrug: