PDA

View Full Version : I am donating a dollar...

denyfizle
01-18-2006, 08:35 PM
to our Pacers and Fever arena announcers so they can buy new material and make the games a little bit more exciting if not just be muted. What is up with the "Stephen Jackson... homerun!!!" crap when any of our players hit a 3?!?! I get it, but it's irrating and corny as hell. We don't even have an MLB franchise. And what about the "Fever basketball!!!" (ripped off and said in the same tone but decaffienated as the Pistons' Deee-troit basketball)
Cmon' you gotta be kidding me!!! I don't know about you guys but I just can't stand it- especially when the Pacers are losing. :woot::woot::woot:

18to88
01-18-2006, 08:39 PM
to our Pacers and Fever arena announcers so they can buy new material and make the games a little bit more exciting if not just be muted. What is up with the "Stephen Jackson... homerun!!!" crap when any of our players hit a 3?!?! I get it, but it's irrating and corny as hell. We don't even have an MLB franchise. And what about the "Fever basketball!!!" (ripped off and said in the same tone but decaffienated as the Pistons' Deee-troit basketball)
Cmon' you gotta be kidding me!!! I don't know about you guys but I just can't stand it- especially when the Pacers are losing. :woot::woot::woot:

I'm with you on the home run thing. Put me down for $1 too.

Bball
01-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Not me... I'd be worried we'd bring in an irritating buffoon like M M M Mason!

-Bball

Bball
01-18-2006, 08:51 PM
And who else could say "Two Ahhhhhh" with such passion and convition at the two minute mark of quarters?

-Bball

GetOdom
01-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm donating a dollar to make donnie make the Ron deal already ****.....

Jermaniac
01-18-2006, 09:07 PM

-BballOhh God thats something like the Cavs announcer, everytime we play at the Cavs arena I mute my TV. I understand the DETRROITTTT Basketball thing but do you have to say everyplayers name like a retard too.

Tom White
01-18-2006, 09:23 PM
What is up with the "Stephen Jackson... homerun!!!" crap when any of our players hit a 3?!?! I get it, but it's irrating and corny as hell.

So, you would prefer something more along the lines of.....oh, I don't know.........how about.....

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!!!!

denyfizle
01-18-2006, 09:40 PM
the game is basketball... like i said i get the homerun monicker but please... what's next? "the kick is good!!!"? waaaaahhhh shiiyyeettt! i just remembered Vandy's missed field goal waaahhhhh!!! :banghead: "boom baby!" wasn't bad. id prefer somewhere along that route. and that "fever basketball" ala "deeet-roit basketball" really has to go. that guy's voice when saying that sounds like kermit the frog too. so annoying!!! hehe

Unclebuck
01-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I like Reb Porter

Frank Slade
01-18-2006, 11:06 PM

-Bball
:lmao: you read my mind....exactly....

Frank Slade
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Ohh God thats something like the Cavs announcer, everytime we play at the Cavs arena I mute my TV. I understand the DETRROITTTT Basketball thing but do you have to say everyplayers name like a retard too.

I know this is the NBA not the And1 tour....... too much over the top...

Roaming Gnome
01-18-2006, 11:30 PM
I like Reb Porter
:nod:

Reb Porter...A Pacers Tradition!

You don't go messin with tradition!

Isaac
01-18-2006, 11:32 PM

Good, I'm glad the majority of posters are pro Reb Porter.

PacerFan31
01-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Reb is my hero. Going to a game wouldn't be the same IMO w/o him. I think it was last year or 2 years ago they had some other guy doing a couple of games, and he was horrible!!

Believe_in_blue
01-18-2006, 11:43 PM

I agree.

denyfizle
01-18-2006, 11:52 PM

I didn't say I wanted him to be replaced. I just think he needs new material- especially with the home run crap.

Anthem
01-19-2006, 12:17 AM
And who else could say "Two Ahhhhhh" with such passion and convition at the two minute mark of quarters?
I love that.

stipo
01-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Homerun is corny, and lifting a term from another sport is weak, but we're stuck with it. Reb IS pretty good with most of his shtick compared to most of the rest of the league's circus ringmasters.

Hicks
01-19-2006, 12:19 AM
YES!-uh-kevicius.