PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate the Lakers...

bulletproof
04-02-2004, 03:41 AM
I live in LA and of course get to see a lot of the local coverage of the Lakers here. Let me tell you, even the commentators on the local news are smug and have that arrogant sense of entitlement we've all come to know and expect from their fans. I'll be damned if they didn't all but disappear during the team's slide, but now they're back in full-force. I particularly liked this little snippet:

Kobe: We're having a blast. I don't know what's more important...having a blast or winning.

Well, genius, losing isn't any fun. :unimpressed:

NewYawk
04-02-2004, 11:16 AM
I live in LA and of course get to see a lot of the local coverage of the Lakers here. Let me tell you, even the commentators on the local news are smug and have that arrogant sense of entitlement we've all come to know and expect from their fans. I'll be damned if they didn't all but disappear during the team's slide, but now they're back in full-force. I particularly liked this little snippet:

Kobe: We're having a blast. I don't know what's more important...having a blast or winning.

Well, genius, losing isn't any fun. :unimpressed:

Tell Smirky he's late for his cross examination.

LA is a flakey town, full of flakey "fans", flakey people. When the Lakers lose in the playoffs (and they will) I look forward to the post game interviews of Karl Malone and Gary Payton. :D

Slick Pinkham
04-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I hate the Lakers for a lot of reasons.

One of the latest-- Check out that replay they show ALL THE TIME from a game last week where Kobe has the ball, driving toward the basket.

He passes back to Malone, who's trailing the play, and Karl scores.

Next time they show this, look at Gary Payton. GP is running alongside Kobe, to his left. Payton was open for a layup, had Kobe passed to him. No big deal, Kobe found Karl instead.

No big deal until you notice Payton's reaction after the ball is passed to Malone, who scores. Payton has his hands up calling for the ball, throws them down in obvious disgust, jerks his head, and then it looks like he yells something at Kobe.

It wasn't about the team at all. Kobe failed to give Gary Payton an opportunity to score 2 points.

:unimpressed:

NewYawk
04-02-2004, 12:13 PM
I hate the Lakers for a lot of reasons.

One of the latest-- Check out that replay they show ALL THE TIME from a game last week where Kobe has the ball, driving toward the basket.

He passes back to Malone, who's trailing the play, and Karl scores.

Next time they show this, look at Gary Payton. GP is running alongside Kobe, to his left. Payton was open for a layup, had Kobe passed to him. No big deal, Kobe found Karl instead.

No big deal until you notice Payton's reaction after the ball is passed to Malone, who scores. Payton has his hands up calling for the ball, throws them down in obvious disgust, jerks his head, and then it looks like he yells something at Kobe.

It wasn't about the team at all. Kobe failed to give Gary Payton an opportunity to score 2 points.

:unimpressed:

Tom: how would you have felt if Payton had been traded to the Pacers last year?

Slick Pinkham
04-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I usually want no part of the bad attitude guys-- I wanted no part of the Pacers being in the hunt for Ricky Davis or Rasheed Wallace or Antoine Walker, for example.

I would have been excited to see Gary Payton in a Pacers uniform, coached by Rick Carlisle. Though I wasn't big on the GP bandwagon, his talent is obvious and I wasn't aware of serious attitude problems with GP, though that play certainly indicates some issues. He was also suppossedly Vin Baker's "party buddy" in Seattle.

I guess I'm happy that a deal for Payton didn't go through, frankly. Carlisle seems to have gotten through to Artest, though. Maybe he could have done the same with Gary. I am also much happier with Jamaal Tinsley than I ever thought I would be. He has reponded most impressively to Carlisle's system, which SEEMED at odds with his open-court instincts and abilities. I'm a JT fan now.