PDA

View Full Version : Pacers tonight without JO and Tinsley

able
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
The Pacers Will Be Shorthanded at Least One More Game.

I'm Conrad Brunner and this is the Pacers.com Confidential for Tuesday, January 17th. The Pacers will be without Both Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley when they face Charlotte at Conseco Fieldhouse Wednesday Night. O'Neal suffered an ankle sprain with a bone bruise and ligament damage in Chicago on Saturday. He sat out a 97-92 loss at New Jersey on Monday and will miss at least one more game. Tinsley has resumed working out on his own with his right arm but still needs to increase the strength to be able to play. Tinsley has missed 10 in a row with the injury to his right biceps and elbow and 16 of the last 22 overall. On the season, the Pacers are 2-2 in games O'Neal has missed, 8-9 in games Tinsley has missed.

The Pacers have yet to field their primary lineup in any game this year. That's the second year in a row that has happened. In fact, this season they've had just four of the five guys together, meaning Tinsley, Jackson, Artest and O'Neal for just three games. Jackson was excused from practice Tuesday to attend to a personal matter but he will play Wednesday night against the Bobcats.

Wednesday Night's game tips at 7:00 pm on FSN and the WIBC Pacers Radio Network. Afterwards, go to Pacers.com for complete coverage.

note: When I said in another thread "at least two more games = 1 month" I was sort of joking, but UGH! reading this makes me think "fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride"

What's the over under on that month now ?

Shade
01-18-2006, 03:26 PM
The title of this thread may as well be "The sky is still blue." :unimpress

Ragnar
01-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Yikes I thought we were a .500 team without Jamaal but we are actually worse than that! Of course that includes a game without Jermaine so maybe .500 is accurate.

Kstat
01-18-2006, 03:44 PM
what's bender's status for tonight?

RWB
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
what's bender's status for tonight?

Actually pretty close to Darko's. It would appear neither will be playing much in the future.

DG-33
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
It's funny, Dumars and Isiah are exactly opposite as GMs. Dumars can do everything right except for draft, Isiah can do nothing right but draft.

And I like watching the team better when guys are out, because we get to me more of the other guys and what they can do (Fred, Danny, and David in particular). Ofcourse I also hate teh usual loss, but oh well.

DG-33
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
It's funny, Dumars and Isiah are exactly opposite as GMs. Dumars can do everything right except for draft, Isiah can do nothing right but draft.

And I like watching the team better when guys are out, because we get to me more of the other guys and what they can do (Fred, Danny, and David in particular). Ofcourse I also hate teh usual loss, but oh well.

Kstat
01-18-2006, 03:53 PM

Dumars has been hit/miss. For every bad pick he's made a very good one.

Rodney White over Joe Johnson was bad.

Cleaves over Maglore/Mason/MoPete was bad.

Darko over Bosh was bad.

However, Prince at #23 and Okur at #38 were absolute thefts.

Delfino is looking like a pretty good pick too, although there were quality players taken after him as well.

GetOdom
01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Is anyone tired of this stupid injuries? seriously i know, playing bball causes injuries but this is a shame shame ridiclously frustrating thing to see....

Sometimes I wonder if we're ever gonna be healthy all season long...

Is there really any different from last year to this year? full of soap oprea injuries bad chemistry.... we need a new youth on this team im already sick of it.

Jon Theodore
01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Actually pretty close to Darko's. It would appear neither will be playing much in the future.

how much money does Darko make?

Kstat
01-18-2006, 08:48 PM
how much money does Darko make?

$5 mil this year, $6 mil next year.

Jermaniac
01-18-2006, 09:05 PM
JO said he might play in the next game

NPFII
01-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Is anyone tired of this stupid injuries? seriously i know, playing bball causes injuries but this is a shame shame ridiclously frustrating thing to see....

Sometimes I wonder if we're ever gonna be healthy all season long...

Is there really any different from last year to this year? full of soap oprea injuries bad chemistry.... we need a new youth on this team im already sick of it.

It's not the age - it's a combination of bodies and style of play.
Tinsley is frail (did I spell that right). JO has a history, Ron is a headcase. Add to that the style of play which is more a half-court pounding type of game - and you get lots of injuries.

Play a more free style and there will be less injuries.