PDA

View Full Version : Whadaheckisdis????

indygeezer
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Twice this AM I have tried to access the clublakers website and both times I've gotten this....

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Web Server at clublakers.com

Now I've been a good boy over there, don't even remember posting, only lurking.

So is this a server problem or have I been banned?
I'm guessing a server problem...but it is laker fans ya know.

Will Galen
01-18-2006, 07:59 AM
I tried to get on earlier also. The server is apparently down for some reason.

DeS
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Seems like it's a server problem (i am 99% sure of it).

able
01-18-2006, 08:26 AM
it means that either the server is down and the re-direct page is unaccessible (perhaps) or the host has pulled the plug on the site, for overrunning usage or whatever other reason, it is the latter, after checking, the server is reachable, but the site is blocked (lost, hacked, on purpose).

Perhaps some CL posters can enlighten us. as to the why

able
01-18-2006, 08:26 AM
it means that either the server is down and the re-direct page is unaccessible (perhaps) or the host has pulled the plug on the site, for overrunning usage or whatever other reason, it is the latter, after checking, the server is reachable, but the site is blocked (lost, hacked, on purpose).

Perhaps some CL posters can enlighten us. as to the why

Anthem
01-18-2006, 09:26 AM
You can say that again.

indyblue47
01-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, they've had plenty of time to repair their server problems, but still no cigar on accessing Club Lakers.

I also find it interesting that I can't access Club CLippers!!

http://www.clubclippers.com/forums/

Maybe they've shut down "all" Indy folks from logging on!!:-o

able
01-18-2006, 06:15 PM
hosted on the same server

Los Angeles
01-18-2006, 06:19 PM
It's being blamed on a DoS attack.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=16378

purplengoldjonez
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey Pacer Faithful,
I am a regular over at CL. The site has been acting up of and on for over a week now. Last night before it went down, there was a thread discussing the frequency of it being down. There were some members suggesting that the server was being attacked, and some sort of virus was attacking the site. i am not computer savy, so forgive me if my termanology is off base. anyway shortly after the thread started, the site went down. One thing i do want to say is i am not suggesting anyone posting in that thread was responsible for it going down.. Anyway we are all in the same boat. hopefully it will be up shortly

indygeezer
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey Pacer Faithful,
I am a regular over at CL. The site has been acting up of and on for over a week now. Last night before it went down, there was a thread discussing the frequency of it being down. There were some members suggesting that the server was being attacked, and some sort of virus was attacking the site. i am not computer savy, so forgive me if my termanology is off base. anyway shortly after the thread started, the site went down. One thing i do want to say is i am not suggesting anyone posting in that thread was responsible for it going down.. Anyway we are all in the same boat. hopefully it will be up shortly

Thanks LA and PGJ.hope you get your war settled and the insurgents beheaded.

purplengoldjonez
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks LA and PGJ.hope you get your war settled and the insurgents beheaded.

This is another Laker site (LG). There is a good thread to discuss what is going on at CL..

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=16378

able
01-18-2006, 07:23 PM
If this is a dDoS as is "assumed" in this thread, then how come LG (supposedly also under attack) is reachable?
If this was a dDoS then you would not get the error screen, but you would time out.
or (in other cases of php inject attacks) you would get dbase error messages.
as it is the server is reachable fine and on about normal speeds, however the webserver is giving an access denied message, which is something that is done by the sysadmin.

That can be done for several reasons, one being that the "ownership" of the files is set to deny in order to protect the server from ph-injection attacks, but it can also be because he (for whatever reason) no longer wants to host the site.

Anyway if you guys are looking for a decent host :D