PDA

View Full Version : Has any team...

Shade
01-17-2006, 11:55 PM
...ever went 0-56 before?

Just curious, as that would quite a sight to see.

Jose Slaughter
01-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Never, not even close.

Slick Pinkham
01-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm not understanding why able isn't using the waiver wire to get at least a little respectable.

There have been many players on there who would have been a marked upgrade over the likes of Chucky Atkins, Keyon Dooling, Jason Kapono, and Eric Snow who sit on his roster mostly getting DNP-CDs.

able
01-18-2006, 10:47 AM
because upgrades of roleplayers do not "improve" the team sufficient to "score" or win.

I have 3 A players combining historically for over 100 pts per game out and at least 2 of them for the best part of the season (or all season).

little use to improve scoring from 90 to 97, it wont win me games.

Slick Pinkham
01-18-2006, 11:09 AM
There are some 0.9+ FPPM players that have been available.

You would win some games with the addition of just a few among Boris Diaw, David West, Ike Diogu, Rafer Alston, Jason Williams, all from the waiver wire.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you out. I'm obviously a lineup tinkerer and there have been a number of times I've seen a guy on the waiver wire and wished I could get a priority 1.

I have also picked up multiple waiver guys and ultimately traded them for true top tier talent. I got Manu Ginobili for Mutombo, Livingston (whom I had gotten from Peck for Kareem Rush, from the waiver pile), and Steve Blake.

Three waiver picks and two trades and poof I have Ginobili (>1 FPPM) almost from thin air.

able
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Tom i see where you are coming form and going to, I am no different, IF it makes a diff, Early on i decided to relax till some players were back, did little tinkering, then more went out, still no top players (Artest was not the most consistent player early in the season)

and yes you are right, I MIGHT have won 1 or 2 games, what honour, sorry, I don't mind losing a lot when it is a keeper league, where I have to tinker for the future as well as for today, but a one year leauge starting off 0-20 becuase the top you drafted is in commune injury wards, it stops making much sense, then Artests goes, so now just to come even close to "any" score I have to not pick up a 15 m p/g for 13 fppg, but 10 of them

If you are "lower" on the totem for the waiver, me not interfering let's ou climb a spot, no one claiming let's you pick'm up as FA.
I do not influence the game for good or bad at the moment, just an easy points pick up

If I started trading I would feel that I perhaps influenced other people's chances which is the last thing I want to do.

With my luck they'll all be back next month and I go on a winning streak, then people complain that my team is better then when i played others

I'm f'd no matter what I do

So leaving it alone, looking frequently and getting up the anger to win it all next time around.

(of the 5 times I played I won 3 and finished 2nd and 5th the other times)

Shade
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM

You would win some games with the addition of just a few among Boris Diaw, David West, Ike Diogu, Rafer Alston, Jason Williams, all from the waiver wire.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you out. I'm obviously a lineup tinkerer and there have been a number of times I've seen a guy on the waiver wire and wished I could get a priority 1.

I have also picked up multiple waiver guys and ultimately traded them for true top tier talent. I got Manu Ginobili for Mutombo, Livingston (whom I had gotten from Peck for Kareem Rush, from the waiver pile), and Steve Blake.

Three waiver picks and two trades and poof I have Ginobili (>1 FPPM) almost from thin air.

Stop mocking me! :soapbox:

Seriously, though, my team has been 4-2 since the trade, whereas it was 7-21 before. It plugged some holes for me.

Now if only I could pick up a decent forward...

Anthem
01-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Nope, but I'm close. Sorry to let you down.

DisplacedKnick
01-27-2006, 07:25 AM

Kind of irrelevant now.

At least that's what I'm assuming - once you're eliminated from the playoffs you should consider your roster frozen (at least as far as adding and dropping - not swapping rotations)?

I'd still like to see Able get at least 1 W - with Artest playing and Boozer due back soon I expect that'll happen.

Peck
01-28-2006, 02:52 AM

In my defense I had to get some healthy players & beleive it or not Kareem gave me about 5-8 games where he made a real differance. He now has gone down & been out for a long time & I can only assume that Livingston has been doing good for you.

But I don't regret it because it did start me on a streak that brought me out of almost last to being in the playoff race at the moment.

Slick Pinkham
01-28-2006, 01:42 PM
My point was not to claim that I had pulled the wool over they eyes of ANYBODY, but that the waiver wire is a very good resource to build upyour team. You can use it to build up your team directly or by trading your pick-ups.

I like Rush and he may be a good player whrn he comes back