PDA

View Full Version : OT - What all this craziness can drive a fan to do....*L*

Outsider
01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
So this is what I get for listening to my wife. She has said I am stressing myself out to much from "between work, the Colts and the Pacers" (Her words exactly). She seems to think that since I have been so pissed at Artest for the last month and running around the house crazy during both Pacers and Colts game that this might be one of my problems. She decided I needed to get a hobby (other than watching sports) to relieve some of this stress. Well, in addition to getting me to start riding a bike for 30 minutes a day (hey I have lost 10lbs so far so not too bad) she has me trying out sketching. She had read on one of those women's health sites that drawing or other creative vents help to relieve stress.

So a week ago I started up drawing. I picked up ap pretty good book from the library on sketching realistic faces and well........I think I am catching on to this stuff. Anyway, to bring in a Pacers connection (after doing the obligatory family kids picts) I did up a sketch of Fred "Indiana" Jones. Guess I want to show off a little bit and get peoples thoughts so here is a link to the picture:

http://www.mclanesmemories.com/FredJonessketchweb.jpg

I guess the moral of the story is you had better be careful how much you stress over these Pacers seeing as it might drive you to do things you never would have thought to try.....

Outsider

PS. and this also shows that semi-old dogs can lear new tricks!!

Jaydawg2270
01-16-2006, 09:18 PM
That Sketch is great

Hicks
01-16-2006, 09:19 PM
That's pretty damn good, Outsider. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Will Galen
01-16-2006, 10:05 PM
A good sketch, and a good story! Thanks!

SoupIsGood
01-16-2006, 10:09 PM
How do you shade like that? (Rhetorical question, I'm just jealous :P )I'm trying to in my dumb art class and it looks terrible

Pig Nash
01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I wish I could harness my angst in such a productive way.

Lord Helmet
01-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Very nice. :thumbsup:

CableKC
01-16-2006, 10:30 PM
My wife was wondering why I would log onto PD at 12am at night before I go to sleep....so I finally explained to her about this "Artest situation" and all she could do was look at me wierd and shake her head.

Its funny how the words of a man can alter the lives of so many people in the span of about 2 1/2 months ( once he's traded by the trade deadline ).

indygeezer
01-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Outsider

Congrats, I envy your ability to relieve the stress thru art. I put my watercolors away several years ago wehn my wife started suggesting that perhaps I needed more blue over here or another window over there. I really gave it up when she started saying things like..."Well you're the artist, why can't you figure out what flowers to plant under the window...". Stress relief, riiiiiight.

NorCal_Pacerfan
01-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Nice drawing! I can draw I guess, but I get bored pretty easily, so I don't do it much. My skills are pretty dusty & rusty by now. I have been thinking about doing some painting lately. Anyway, keep up the good work! I hope it helps your stress level.

denyfizle
01-16-2006, 10:47 PM
lol good job man hahahhaha i wonder what hobby you'd have to pick up after that loss to the Steelers.

pizza guy
01-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Very nice! I pride myself as a bit of an artist. Not a DaVinci or anything, but not too bad.

I, however, like to use bowling as a vent of my agression. I'll bowl when I'm mad about bowling. My high school team got spanked in our second competition, so, I came back to town, and went straight to our bowling alley. It's so nice to just watch those stupid pins explode. I was going to go after the Colts' loss, but then I remembered the guy who runs the place is a Steelers' fan, and I would've killed him. So, I took a walk - also a nice way to cool off, especially in a t-shirt in northern Indiana on January 15th.

Shade
01-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Nice work, Outsider. You should use that as your avatar. ;)

Shade
01-16-2006, 11:16 PM
lol good job man hahahhaha i wonder what hobby you'd have to pick up after that loss to the Steelers.

:alcohol:

Pig Nash
01-16-2006, 11:38 PM
So, I took a walk - also a nice way to cool off, especially in a t-shirt in northern Indiana on January 15th.

I did the exact same thing. Only, I cursed swears for about ten minutes. Then I got in my car and blared the horn for ten seconds. I felt much better.

Outsider
01-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks for all the replies... and ironically enough I made that picture after the Colts noshow on Sunday. Guess I had to get my mind off them so I did something from a different sport.

Soupisgood - I use a smudgestick (I think that is what it is called...). Basically it is a store bought sick of just tightly wrapped paper with a point at each end. I use a B4 pencil so I have alot of pencil lead down and then use the stick to smear it into the right places. Sometimes for light areas I just use the stick which has all the lead left on it.

Anyway, thanks again. It is cool to see other people have their "different" kind of stress reliefs. Bowling would be a good one too but between getting even more frustrated cause I suck at it, and the fact my arm ends up killing me the next day, I probably should stick to something else...*L*

Outsider

Raskolnikov
01-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow! Nice sketch, Outsider.

SoupIsGood
01-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the replies... and ironically enough I made that picture after the Colts noshow on Sunday. Guess I had to get my mind off them so I did something from a different sport.

Soupisgood - I use a smudgestick (I think that is what it is called...). Basically it is a store bought sick of just tightly wrapped paper with a point at each end. I use a B4 pencil so I have alot of pencil lead down and then use the stick to smear it into the right places. Sometimes for light areas I just use the stick which has all the lead left on it.

Anyway, thanks again. It is cool to see other people have their "different" kind of stress reliefs. Bowling would be a good one too but between getting even more frustrated cause I suck at it, and the fact my arm ends up killing me the next day, I probably should stick to something else...*L*

Outsider

Cool, I might try that.

I've found Ping Pong is a pretty good stress releiver, especially when it's crappy outside. I am the SJAX of Ping Pong, I can go from All-Pro to All-Pathetic and back again in no time flat.

Of course, I haven't leaped over the table and punched out my buddy yet. It's coming though.

ChicagoJ
01-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow. Ray Allen really is much taller than Fred.

:D

I kid.. I kid... that's a skill that I ain't got. Good job.