PDA

View Full Version : Around The Horn

Southside_Pacer
01-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, we were one of the topics on ESPN's Around The Horn. Of course we get blasted by both writers of Western Conference teams, Woody Paige of the Denver Post, and Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times.

Plaschke goes on the old tangent that the Pacers can't survive with Sacremento, the Lakers, Spurs and Timberwolves. Also the usual line from western conference writers that we can't score was brought up.

Does Plaschke realize that the Pacers are undefeated at home against Western Conference teams? Did he not watch when the Pacers defeat Dallas at their place in convincing fashion? Did he not see us beat Houston on the road, and lose by one to San Antonio on the road?

Plaschke also doesn't seem to think that any Pacer can guard Shaq. So I guess he's already given the Lakers a free ride to the NBA finals. :rolleyes:

Then Woody Paige claims that the Pacers would be the 8th seed or lower in the playoffs. Uh, haven't we already beaten Denver, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Minnesota to name a few.

Not that I really care what these sports writers say, it just proves to me that they don't believe basketball happens east of the Mississippi River.