PDA

View Full Version : Laker thread shut down

indygeezer
01-16-2006, 12:31 AM
The 700 + page thread was shut down after Eric said that the Lake's mgmnt had pulled out of any talks...they aren't going to overpay for Artest, etc etc.

And of course they started a new thread where everyone is deriding Artest and the very idea that the Lakers ever really wanted him and his psychotic ways at all. Eric's article was only slightly biased against the trade...he pointed out the pros and cons and told why the brass wasn't going to do it, but he also indicated that there are just simply no good offers out ther for Ron and the P's are going to have to settle for magic beans (my words not his).

SoupIsGood
01-16-2006, 12:32 AM
I stopped caring about Pincus' info a while ago. It just seemed iffy and maybe a bit homerish. (Not trying to be rude here, I know Pincus posts here sometimes, I just think his sources are off)

Jermaniac
01-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Do any of you people actually beleive what this dude says? He doesnt know nothing nor does he have any inside sources. 2 days before the Maggette talk even started he was talking about how the Clippers are not in it, and what do you know we almost complete a trade with the Clippers 2 days later. Dude is a regular message board poster like me and you posing as a insider.

PacerFan31
01-16-2006, 12:40 AM
I stopped caring about Pincus' info a while ago. It just seemed iffy and maybe a bit homerish. (Not trying to be rude here, I know Pincus posts here sometimes, I just think his sources are off)

^ I agree.

GetOdom
01-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Eric said it it must be true *SIGH*.

Outlaw
01-16-2006, 12:44 AM
umm 700+ page thread is not shut down...over at CL

purplengoldjonez
01-16-2006, 12:46 AM
thread is up and going strong, not sure what your referring to. I have been on it most the day and I dont seem to recall Eric reporting the laker were out for sure.

blanket
01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
If our fallback trade is for a gimpy Maggette, that's still not so bad...
It's just a trade for next season and the future instead of this season.

Eric_Pincus
01-16-2006, 01:27 AM
huh? I was at the beach today - and the mall yesterday - family stuff - no articles.

Eric_Pincus
yes it was cold

Eric_Pincus
windy too

Anthem
01-16-2006, 01:30 AM
huh? I was at the beach today - and the mall yesterday - family stuff - no articles.
That's not what I heard. I have an inside source in the CL management, and he told the local radio station that the thread was finished.

:D

rexnom
01-16-2006, 01:43 AM
If our fallback trade is for a gimpy Maggette, that's still not so bad...
It's just a trade for next season and the future instead of this season.

Do you really think we can go back and get him now? After all this? How happy would Maggette be in Pacerland then? Would the Clips even do the trade?

indygeezer
01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Eric and all

I erred in that I was reading from an article of yours posted in the other Artest thred. The article was dated Jan 9, and said that LA had backed out.
Again, my bad.
That thread also said to shut down the big one and a couple of posts later it said it had been "taken care of". I sat and watched for about one half hour and page 306 or somewhere thereabouts didn't receive any posts, so again I figgered I was reading it correct.

Sorry about my error...We see so many conflicting posts it's hard to read legit or not.

indygeezer
01-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Do you really think we can go back and get him now? After all this? How happy would Maggette be in Pacerland then? Would the Clips even do the trade?

I'm sure he could be sweet talked into loving the trade. Everybody wants to believe they are wanted and needed.

blanket
01-16-2006, 02:13 AM

Sure, I think that trade could be revived. We called it off, but the reports in the papers say the Clips are still pursuing Artest. If we're not happy with the Laker trade options then I'd be OK with us taking the Clips' offer - maybe they'd even throw in a draft pick to make up for Maggette likely being out for the rest of the season.

diamonddave00
01-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Remember Cory Maggette is originally from the Chicago area , he might like coming back to the midwest. How hard would it really be to play for the Pacers a top level Eastern team?

Eric , has his sources but when dealing with them they will often have to be a little vague, in trade talks things can change very quickly. You can be told something then 30 minutes later things have changed completely. In reality when trade talks get close security is tightened , a little leak can sometimes end talks immediately.

CableKC
01-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Okay...I'm too stupid to figure it out.....are talks between the Lakers and Pacers dead or not?

I am guessing not.

GetOdom
01-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Since Eric said it's dead then that means it's not.

mulisha
01-16-2006, 03:48 AM
Okay...I'm too stupid to figure it out.....are talks between the Lakers and Pacers dead or not?

I am guessing not.

LA sources say its dead, other (Pacers maybe?) say it's not.

Eric_Pincus
01-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Funny I did just write an article that basically says LA is willing to wait til the deadline.

Unclebuck
01-16-2006, 10:25 AM
No talks are dead until a trade is made.