PDA

View Full Version : OT What happened to Ben Wallace

travmil
01-14-2006, 08:21 PM
The various Piston forums are going crazy saying Ben was hurt in the 1st quarter of their game with the Bobcats and that it did not look good. As I didn't see it myself, can anyone who has confirm or debunk this? Kstat? Anyone?

Jermaniac
01-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Darko Time baby

Kstat
01-14-2006, 08:25 PM
The various Piston forums are going crazy saying Ben was hurt in the 1st quarter of their game with the Bobcats and that it did not look good. As I didn't see it myself, can anyone who has confirm or debunk this? Kstat? Anyone?

His knee locked up momentarily, but he was out all of 5 minutes. Whoopee....

travmil
01-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Well it can't have been too serious, I see from the box scores that he has already checked back into the game.

travmil
01-14-2006, 08:27 PM
His knee locked up momentarily, but he was out all of 5 minutes. Whoopee....

Thanks. Figured it was something like that. People overreact way too much.

Unclebuck
01-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Ben just blocked a a layup from the free throw line, so I think he's fine

ghost
01-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Well it can't have been too serious, I see from the box scores that he has already checked back into the game.

Me too.

ghost
01-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks. Figured it was something like that. People overreact way too much.

That inernet thing was wrong invention...

:D

travmil
01-14-2006, 08:33 PM
That inernet thing was wrong invention...

:D

I don't know about wrong, but it sure makes it harder to weed out the BS.

Pacesetter
01-14-2006, 08:39 PM
If any one of their first (and only) five goes down they're done.

shags
01-14-2006, 08:43 PM

As long as they're healthy for the playoffs. That's more important than homecourt advantage. But it wouldn't hurt too much if one of them went out during the regular season, and may even benefit the team in the long run.

Moses
01-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Most key player to them would be Chauncey IMO.

I think they'd actually be alright without Ben. He may as well not even have been playing a while back and the Pistons still faired pretty well.

FreshPrince22
01-15-2006, 12:35 AM
I think we could live through a Ben or Sheed injury better than any other position at this point. We've got Dice, who is actually the most consistant offensive option at the PF/C positions. We would probably suck without Chauncey, Rip, or Tayshaun. Chauncey runs the show, Rip is our "bailout bucket" guy when nothing is falling, and Tayshaun is our glue (does all the little things). Ben and Sheed are very impotant, but they have the best backup.