PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller vs Jamaal Tinsley

cracktower
01-14-2006, 06:03 PM
"NY Post - Andre Miller (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/420/andre_miller/)'s name has resurfaced in trade talk, says someone in the know who has spoken with Peter Vecsey.

The Celtics (http://celtics.realgm.com/) may have rekindled summer dialogue that nearly sent Paul Pierce (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/353/paul_pierce/) to Denver (http://nuggets.realgm.com/) for the former NBA assists leader. Boston (http://celtics.realgm.com/)'s current prime objectives are to dump sizeable long-term contracts and acquire an established point guard" RealGM

With all the trade rumours of Ron Artest Going to Denver, why not Ron Artest for Andre Miller, the trade works in realGm. I have no problem with Jamaal Tinsley's game its just his durability, offcourse with this trade we would have 5 pointguards:confused: and would probably have to trade Tinsley or Saras, but on the other hand we get a quasi-star pointguard, who has the ability to lead the league in assits puts up 14-15 points and plays decent defense and the guy is extremely durable( missed only 2 games in 7 seasons) with a resonable contract( 8 mil /year)

altough this trade does not make us into instant contenders, it does make us really good for years to come, and if we can trade Tinsley and jack/fred for us to land a star player we would be an elite team again.:D

DG-33
01-14-2006, 06:19 PM
If Tinsley could stay healthy, I'd call it a push. Sadly he can't so I have to go with Dre.

Will Galen
01-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I voted Andre. He's missed 3 games in 7 years.

Tinsleys missed . . .

. . . hang on, I'm still counting.

GetOdom
01-14-2006, 06:56 PM
:laugh:

Moses
01-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Artest to Denver
Andre to Boston
Pierce to Indiana

BlueNGold
01-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Artest to Denver
Andre to Boston
Pierce to Indiana
I would love to see that, but would Denver prefer Artest over Pierce? I would take Pierce merely due to Ron's baggage.

Moses
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I would love to see that, but would Denver prefer Artest over Pierce? I would take Pierce merely due to Ron's baggage.
Shh, It doesn't matter. Denver would do it anyways. :D

Jermaniac
01-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Tinsley, just because.

microwave_oven
01-14-2006, 09:15 PM
When healthy, Jamaal is the better all around point guard. If Tinsley was in Denver's offense, he would be dishing out more assists and scoring more than Miller. His defense is not as good as Andre's, but I believe that Tinsley, when healthy, has better skills....not to mention, Jamaal can shoot three's

BlueNGold
01-14-2006, 09:19 PM
A healthy JT, especially with a good attitude, is better, but that does not exist...so I picked Andre.

skyfire
01-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I'd almost say that JT's skills would be better suited to a running team like Denver, and conversely Andre Miller would be pretty good for the Pacers.

However, Miller earns heaps and JT is a BYC player right?

Kegboy
01-14-2006, 10:02 PM

George Karl would want nothing to do with Pierce after the WBCs.

CableKC
01-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I voted Andre. He's missed 3 games in 7 years.

Tinsleys missed . . .

. . . hang on, I'm still counting.
EXACTLY the reason why I voted for Andre Miller. I want a durable PG....which Tinsley isn't. Tinsley could be the best PG in the world....but he would be pretty useless since he is recovering from the bench from some injury he just got.

BlueNGold
01-14-2006, 10:54 PM
George Karl would want nothing to do with Pierce after the WBCs.

Hopefully you're right. ...but he has not been Artested yet.

Diesel_81
01-14-2006, 11:17 PM
EXACTLY the reason why I voted for Andre Miller. I want a durable PG....which Tinsley isn't. Tinsley could be the best PG in the world....but he would be pretty useless since he is recovering from the bench from some injury he just got.

I think your 100% right.

Anthem
01-14-2006, 11:59 PM
It's an interesting dilemma, really. Andre was the guy a lot of people wanted instead of Bender. Of course, at that time we had Jax and Best, and everybody thought we were set at PG. Andre went to the Cavs and benefitted from a ton of playing time early on (I sense a theme).

Ron for Miller straight up, though, is a bad deal for us. The Nuggets get too much. If they could throw something in, though, I'd be amenable. Ron+AJ works for Andre+Nene.

EDIT: Yowza... I was just looking at his stats. I forgot how bad of a shooter he is. Doesn't change my original post, though. Maybe ask Denver to throw in a protected pick.

Ragnar
01-15-2006, 12:16 AM
A healthy Tinsley is better than a healthy Miller hands down. However even I would not be completely oposed to Miller simply because Tinsley is not healthy enough.

rexnom
01-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Artest to Denver
Andre to Boston
Pierce to Indiana

I don't see why this shouldn't work. Denver would need to add a little more and we would have to add pollard maybe but why not. Everyone would be happy with this! Of course we'd have to give Boston picks...

Bball
01-15-2006, 01:09 AM
It's an interesting dilemma, really. Andre was the guy a lot of people wanted instead of Bender. Of course, at that time we had Jax and Best, and everybody thought we were set at PG. Andre went to the Cavs and benefitted from a ton of playing time early on (I sense a theme).

Ron for Miller straight up, though, is a bad deal for us. The Nuggets get too much. If they could throw something in, though, I'd be amenable. Ron+AJ works for Andre+Nene.

EDIT: Yowza... I was just looking at his stats. I forgot how bad of a shooter he is. Doesn't change my original post, though. Maybe ask Denver to throw in a protected pick.

I can name a few people who didn't think we were 'set' at PG with Travis Best... starting with myself. :wave:

-Bball

Anthem
01-15-2006, 01:49 AM
I can name a few people who didn't think we were 'set' at PG with Travis Best... starting with myself. :wave:

-Bball
Sorry, "everybody" is the wrong word. You very definitely fell into the "lot of people" list... as in "Andre was the guy a lot of people wanted instead of Bender."

Bball
01-15-2006, 02:41 AM
Sorry, "everybody" is the wrong word. You very definitely fell into the "lot of people" list... as in "Andre was the guy a lot of people wanted instead of Bender."

I wanted about anyone instead of Bender. When you are a championship contender with a starting center nearing retirement, a starting center who actually isn't the 5th most important player on your team, you don't waste the 5th pick on a player like Bender. I'm not even sure you should gamble trading away a player as important as AD was to get that 5th pick, but you certainly don't do it for a player like Bender. You get a guy who should be able to help up front right away... or a veteran who can help up front.

That Bender was a bust only made it worse. Not only was he a 'nothing' in our contending years... he's been a nothing for his whole career.

So, actually... I didn't much fit in the "lot of people wanted Andre" list either. But I'd certainly have been more accepting of him than Bender. I could understand wanting an upgrade at the b/u PG slot over Best.

IOW... Bender was about the worst move we could've made. I said it then... and I still think it and have seen nothing to prove it wrong.

-Bball

NPFII
01-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I loved Andre Miller since the early days. I think a healthy Miller is better than a healthy Tinsley, and with Tins being out it's a no-brainer.

I'd go all out and say:
Artest to Denver
Tinsley to Denver

Miller to Boston
Watson to Boston
SJax to Boston

Nene to Indiana
Pierce to Indiana
Boston's 1st (or one of their young guys) to Indiana

CableKC
01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Interesting....a trade with Boston involving Artest that doesn't put him in Boston. The problem is that we don't get a PG back...unless we get Delonte West, Marcus Banks or Dan Dickau.

AirLithuania
01-15-2006, 06:28 PM
The problem is that we don't get a PG back...unless we get Delonte West, Marcus Banks or Dan Dickau.

Well, we dont need a PG. We have already two good point guards.