PDA

View Full Version : Around The Horn 1/21/04

7-Layer Burrito
01-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Did anyone see it just now? I normally never watch that *****, but they said they were going to be covering the Pacers. And they did. And from watching it, I learned a bunch of new things. Apparently, we haven't beaten a single Western Conference team, couldn't beat the Spurs once in a 5 game series, and only score 80 points a game if we're lucky. And we would be in the lottery if we were in the West.

:unimpressed:

Let me guess . . . Bob Ryan, Woody Paige, and who else?

zxc
01-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah that was sad. And the bad thing about it the one guy who picked the pacers to win yesterday and actually gave them props was the one doing most of the ripping on them. I like how they mentioned that we lost to San Antonio and Minnesota but not that we beat them.

7-Layer Burrito
01-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Did anyone see it just now? I normally never watch that *****, but they said they were going to be covering the Pacers. And they did. And from watching it, I learned a bunch of new things. Apparently, we haven't beaten a single Western Conference team, couldn't beat the Spurs once in a 5 game series, and only score 80 points a game if we're lucky. And we would be in the lottery if we were in the West.

Let me guess . . . Bob Ryan, Woody Paige, and who else?

Jay Mariotti and Max Holley. I've never seen 5 grown men suckle at Shaq and Duncan's teets for so long.

I've tried to watch that show a couple of times, but they're not worth the effort.

In fact, I'd say a punctured diaphragm is more useful than those douchebags.

7-Layer Burrito
01-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Did anyone see it just now?

I'm pretty sure Southside Pacer saw it too . . . :D

:cool:

Southside_Pacer
01-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Oh btown, you beat me to this topic! :confused: :cry: :mad:

I was surprised that Mariotti actually gave us some credit. He'd always bash Manning and the Colts, and when they discussed the fact that ESPN claimed Indianapolis to be the best sports town based on winning percentage, he called Indianapolis "a cow town."

Shade
01-21-2004, 06:20 PM
This west coast bias is getting way out of hand, and most fans are buying the bull*****. I can understand it before this season, but the Pacers are legit, and will continue to prove it.

Write down names, because none of these f#ckers are allowed on the bandwagon to the Finals.

Suaveness
01-21-2004, 06:24 PM
This really pisses me off :mad:

Southside_Pacer
01-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Perhaps I'll send Bill Plaschke an email highlighting a few of the Pacers games in which he hasn't seen.

bill.plaschke@latimes.com

sixthman
01-21-2004, 06:45 PM
All that matters is that the Pacers are continuing to improve and that they keep winning.

The rest will take care of itself. We'll get our props when we'e earned them. Screw the no-nothing talking heads.

By the way, JO is a true superstar. He's not on a par with a healthy Shaq and I believe Kevin Garnett's better - But, the gap with the rest of the best , including Tim Duncan, has narrowed considerably.

When Reggie plays the way he has since the new year, our talent level is better or as good as anyone else's, other than a healthy Lakers team. Hopefully, the hot shots will get to see that for themselves in May and June.

Roaming Gnome
01-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Who cares about what the idiots on Around the Horn have to say? They have never ever had anything positive to say about Indy. Anyway, I like to get recognition, but as we all know...you don't win crap in January!

Roaming Gnome
01-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Who cares about what the idiots on Around the Horn have to say? They have never ever had anything positive to say about Indy. Anyway, I like to get recognition, but as we all know...you don't win crap in January!

I don't CARE, it was just so dumb I didn't really think it had happened.

You know when I wrote that last post it was before actually watching it, but I flipped over to ESPN2 to see how bad it was going to be. Wow! Talk about mis-informed, so we can't beat any of the teams in the west...Wow. We would be lucky to be the 8th seed in the west...Wow. Also, is our home court that soft?

btowncolt, you are right...I just couldn't believe what I was hearing!!!

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: Around the Horn :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

birdman
01-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Around the Horn sucks. They all have biased opinions. Plus that duchebag max kellerman is the most annoying guy ever.

Natston
01-22-2004, 01:42 AM
Oh btown, you beat me to this topic! :confused: :cry: :mad:

I was surprised that Mariotti actually gave us some credit. He'd always bash Manning and the Colts, and when they discussed the fact that ESPN claimed Indianapolis to be the best sports town based on winning percentage, he called Indianapolis "a cow town."

Didn't Holley say that we had tumbleweeds blowing through downtown when Mariotti called us a cow town? :unimpressed:

kerosene
01-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Steven A. Smith would be the perfect guy for the Around the Horn format. Woody Paige amuses me though. It's been a long time since I've actually watched that show, I'm somewhat surprised it's still on the air.

Natston
01-22-2004, 02:16 AM
I'm somewhat surprised it's still on the air.

Average Joe Sport Fan loves the show because of the fallacies (hey they sound cool), corny jokes and regional bias... :mad: