PDA

View Full Version : Conrad: How is Artest situation affecting team?

Raskolnikov
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question.html

How Is Artest Situation Affecting Team?

Friday, Jan. 13, 2006 <HR>If you'd like to pose a Question of the Day to Conrad Brunner, submit it along with your full name and hometown to </I>Bruno's_mailbag@pacers.com (bruno's_mailbag@pacers.com?subject=Mailbag). Brunnerís opinions are his own and do not necessarily reflect those of Pacers players, coaches or management. </B>
<TABLE borderColor=#003366 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=90 align=left bgColor=#ffcc00 border=2><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/conrad_brunner.jpg QUESTION
OF THE DAY
Conrad Brunner</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Q. You have addressed the rumor mill and, with that aside, I was wondering how this whole situation is affecting the players and Coach (Rick) Carlisle. Along with everyone else, I am also wondering if we are getting closer to finally putting this behind us. (From Eric in Sioux City, Iowa)
<TABLE height=50 width=50 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/qod_logo.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
A. From everything I can gather in talking with the players and coaches, the team moved on quite some time ago. Among the many byproducts of last season was a thickening of the team's collective skin, making the Pacers much better prepared to deal with distractions, particularly those related to Ron Artest. Though the team certainly misses what Artest can bring, physically, it does not miss the daily dramas that were attendant.
The players and coaches have long since put this incident behind them and are going about the business of preparing for each game with the players on hand. Management has done its part to soothe any unsettled nerves by letting it be known that the franchise's preference is to do a one-for-one deal, avoiding multi-player packages, if possible. That should minimize concern in the locker room that additional players might be moving on.
The hardest thing to be in this kind of scenario is patient. Emotionally, the first response is to want this over with as quickly as possible. Logically, however, it is imperative that the franchise be very deliberate in its actions, explore every possibility and take whatever time is necessary to ensure the best possible deal is made because dealing a player of Artest's stature and value is momentous. It's not the easiest route to take, but it's the right one. Could a trade happen tomorrow? I wouldn't rule it out. Could it take until 3 p.m. on Feb. 23, the NBA's trading deadline for this season? I wouldn't rule that out, either. Don't mistake the lack of a resolution for a lack of action. In the meantime, while management works relentlessly in its pursuit of a deal, the players and coaches are relatively unfazed.

Raskolnikov
01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Not much news here. One thing maybe:

Could a trade happen tomorrow? I wouldn't rule it out. Could it take until 3 p.m. on Feb. 23, the NBA's trading deadline for this season? I wouldn't rule that out, either.

Seems like he doesn't believe in the option to wait till summer time for the trade to happen. Reassuring for those that are not so fond of that scenario.

Bball
01-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm surprised the title wasn't written:
How Is Artest Situation Impacting (Thanks Jay!) the Team?

-Bball :D

Ragnar
01-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm surprised the title wasn't written:
How Is Artest Situation Impacting (Thanks Jay!) the Team?

-Bball :D

Now thats funny:laugh::laugh: