PDA

View Full Version : Currently 5 Seed....BUT....

mugsy27
01-13-2006, 09:37 AM
if Im reading this correct, we are just 1.5 games out of the 3 spot?? Can someone please let me know if Im understanding this right or not?!? :-o

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

Hicks
01-13-2006, 09:39 AM
We're a game behind Cleveland for 4th, which should be the team's goal from here on out.

#1 is going to be Detroit, and 2 and 3 will be the winners of the other two East Divisions.

Pacersfan46
01-13-2006, 09:40 AM
We can't get the 3 seed. That goes to a division winner. Even if they have a horrible record.

naptownmenace
01-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Although the Pacers can't get the 3 seed, they can still finish with a better record than the 2 and 3 seed. If that happens, they would have HCA if they were to meet either the 2 or 3 seed in the second round.

That could very easily happen.

CableKC
01-13-2006, 01:11 PM
We're a game behind Cleveland for 4th, which should be the team's goal from here on out.

#1 is going to be Detroit, and 2 and 3 will be the winners of the other two East Divisions.
Actually...wouldn't the goal be the 6th seed so we can play the winner of the Atlantic division?

I would much rather face the 3rd seed rather then the 1st ( Pistons ), 2nd ( Heat ) or the 4th ( likely the Cavs ) seed...all of which will likely have a better record then the 3rd seed.

naptownmenace
01-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Actually...wouldn't the goal be the 6th seed so we can play the winner of the Atlantic division?

I would much rather face the 3rd seed rather then the 1st ( Pistons ), 2nd ( Heat ) or the 4th ( likely the Cavs ) seed...all of which will likely have a better record then the 3rd seed.

If the Pacers finish 6th and beat face the 3rd seed, that very well might wind up being the Heat. Playing the Heat in the first round isn't my idea of an easy road to travel. Even if the Nets end up with the 3rd seed, that's not an advantage either - unless the Pacers have the HCA because of a better record.

I think it's better to just finish in 4th and play a weaker opponent like Cleveland or Milwaukee with the HCA.

CableKC
01-13-2006, 02:35 PM
If the Pacers finish 6th and beat face the 3rd seed, that very well might wind up being the Heat. Playing the Heat in the first round isn't my idea of an easy road to travel. Even if the Nets end up with the 3rd seed, that's not an advantage either - unless the Pacers have the HCA because of a better record.

I think it's better to just finish in 4th and play a weaker opponent like Cleveland or Milwaukee with the HCA.
I seriously doubt that the Atlantic division winner is going to have a better record then the Heat....so I don't think we have to worry about the Heat being the 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference.

And despite how strong the Nets and Knicks are doing now....I think that they will be a easier opponent in the 1st round to beat compared to the Cavs. Ignoring the fact that we don't have much of an answer for Big Z....Lebron is on a mission this year. I really think that the Cavs are good enough to make it to the 2nd round.

The goal is to make it to the 2nd round....and I think the easiest route is through the winner of the Atlantic division....not the Cavs. In addition...regardless of who we beat in the 1st round......we will face either the Heat or the Pistons since either of them will likely be the 1st or 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference.

Hicks
01-13-2006, 03:25 PM
I think we're going to end up at 4 or 5, find a way to win it, and then lose to Detroit in round 2.

Hicks
01-13-2006, 04:08 PM
:rolleyes:

<3

Seriously, what makes you think we'd beat Detroit?

Moses
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
<3

Seriously, what makes you think we'd beat Detroit?
:haterade:

Anthem
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Although the Pacers can't get the 3 seed, they can still finish with a better record than the 2 and 3 seed. If that happens, they would have HCA if they were to meet either the 2 or 3 seed in the second round.
But we'd have to fall to #6 to meet a #3 seed... and by that point we'd probably no longer have HCA.

CableKC
01-13-2006, 06:04 PM
HCA means ??????

Bball
01-13-2006, 06:06 PM
I think the team should just play solid basketball and let the chips fall where they may. Not much use in getting caught up in the seedings right now for any of us. Who knows what could happen between now and then? Ideally, we finish with the highest seed possible. I'd rather be moving up in the seedings than down. Falling down and then thinking that gives us a better shot of advancing in the playoffs doesn't mean much to me. I'd rather be playing well and lose in the first round than to back in and supposedly get a more beatable team just so we can advance. If we are backing in then WE ARE the beatable team.

-Bball

Bball
01-13-2006, 06:07 PM
HCA means ??????

Help Coming Around...

ok....

Home Court Advantage

Anthem
01-14-2006, 03:45 AM
I think the team should just play solid basketball and let the chips fall where they may.

Agreed.