PDA

View Full Version : Who was your best free agent pick up?

Jose Slaughter
01-13-2006, 01:28 AM
I have added just 3 free agenst, actually I've added a total of 12 but I've just rotated out the old & added a new one. Right now I just have the 3.

Hakim Warrick, Andris Biedrins & Ike Diogu

Diogu came right off the waiver wire, thanks Peck, Warrick & Biedrins were in the free agent pool after clearing waivers.

All 3 could put up good numbers. Diogu is getting all the press but Warricks ppm numbers are pretty nice.

If I had to pick one, most likely Diogu would be the guy.

By the way, I wish the Bucks would trade Gadzuric so he could get some minutes!

Peck
01-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I have added just 3 free agenst, actually I've added a total of 12 but I've just rotated out the old & added a new one. Right now I just have the 3.

Hakim Warrick, Andris Biedrins & Ike Diogu

Diogu came right off the waiver wire, thanks Peck, Warrick & Biedrins were in the free agent pool after clearing waivers.

All 3 could put up good numbers. Diogu is getting all the press but Warricks ppm numbers are pretty nice.

If I had to pick one, most likely Diogu would be the guy.

By the way, I wish the Bucks would trade Gadzuric so he could get some minutes!

:swear:

I knew when I did it that I would hate it. But I just had to many players that were not playing & when I dumped him I knew he was going to be out awhile.

For me though my best pickup was Darius Songolia.

burnzone
01-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Jason Williams, Eduardo Najera, Tony Battie, DeSagana Diop, Devin Brown

Slick Pinkham
01-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Rafer Alston looks solid and came back way earlier than expected. Thanks Rim!

DisplacedKnick
01-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I don't even want to talk about Alston - comes back 3 days after I drop him. :mad:

None of my "best" have been very good. Probably Kevin Martin from Sacto. He hasn't done much except be steady - gets 20-25 mpg and scores anywhere from .6 to .8 probably 8 times out of ten.

I do have hopes for Tony Allen and David Lee but that's all they are is hopes.

As for Biedrins - good luck with him.

Jose Slaughter
01-13-2006, 10:18 AM
As for Biedrins - good luck with him.

I consider him on a 10 day contract.

I'm way behind in the race for most transactions so I'm more than likely gonna drop him sooner rather than later.

Slick Pinkham
01-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Kirk Snyder was a good pickup, but I had so many guards ahead of him that he couldn't get into my boxscores.

I hoped to get something better than Swift for him by trade, but failed. Of course he may drop out of favor as fast as he found it, but picking one Seattle center to get consistent minutes has been a season-long exercise in futility.

MagicRat
01-13-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm hoping it'll be Felton.........

Jose Slaughter
01-14-2006, 03:36 AM

Looks like he was unhappy being buried on my bench. He seems to be happier now, doesn't he.

DisplacedKnick
01-14-2006, 11:04 AM

I had him for number 1 for a LONG time - even e-mailed a guy I was having a meeting with that I would have to skip out for about 10 minutes at 8:45 PM that evening (didn't tell him it was to keep a fantasy player before the lineup deadline).

And then he was gone ... :cry:

Mourning
01-15-2006, 05:37 AM
I had him for number 1 for a LONG time - even e-mailed a guy I was having a meeting with that I would have to skip out for about 10 minutes at 8:45 PM that evening (didn't tell him it was to keep a fantasy player before the lineup deadline).

And then he was gone ... :cry:

Yup targeted him too here, never got higher then third though :).

My favorite free agent pick up? Hmm... Bogans and Elson are doing decently, I'm hoping Barbosa will become my X-factor when the play-offs come around and he's, hopefully healthy, I can afford having him injured now.

Anyone have an idea when Darius might be coming back? :dunno:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

DisplacedKnick
01-15-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping Barbosa will become my X-factor when the play-offs come around and he's, hopefully healthy, I can afford having him injured now.

Uh, you're welcome too. :(

Injuries are always an issue but they turned me from a 220-pt, 11-3 team that was a threat into one that'll only make the playoffs if Yao comes back in time.

At least Pietrus played last night - I expect him to do like Barbosa though and re-injure himself - or just generally suck.

NumberSeven
01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Boris Diaw, David West, Luther Head, and Andres Nocioni.

Mourning
01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Uh, you're welcome too. :(

Injuries are always an issue but they turned me from a 220-pt, 11-3 team that was a threat into one that'll only make the playoffs if Yao comes back in time.

Very true, you can look at players injury history, but it's not a guarantee and you can only hope they stay injury-free as much as possible, but in the end you never really know what you are going to get ... sort of like a "box of chocolates" :D :D :D.

But, in the meantime let me say that I'm sorry for your injury woes (which I have seen, trust me, I know as I was 3rd once and now suddenly am, surprisingly 1st in our division) and, nonetheless, thank you for Barbosa ;).

When the play-offs start I hope to still be thankfull, otherwise ... too bad, nothing lost when I don't have the injuries piling up with other players.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
01-18-2006, 06:45 AM
Very true, you can look at players injury history, but it's not a guarantee and you can only hope they stay injury-free as much as possible, but in the end you never really know what you are going to get ... sort of like a "box of chocolates" :D :D :D.

But, in the meantime let me say that I'm sorry for your injury woes (which I have seen, trust me, I know as I was 3rd once and now suddenly am, surprisingly 1st in our division) and, nonetheless, thank you for Barbosa ;).

When the play-offs start I hope to still be thankfull, otherwise ... too bad, nothing lost when I don't have the injuries piling up with other players.

Regards,

Yeah - I notice that Barbosa is back. And with Gooden out, I think I can declare this season officially dead for me. One of those years I guess.

Gyron
01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I think I can declare this season officially dead for me. One of those years I guess.

So I guess that would be just like you would do in the preseason for the knicks huh?:laugh:

sweabs
02-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Damien Wilkins.