PDA

View Full Version : The Artest situation - ONE MONTH LATER

Evan_The_Dude
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Has anybody else had a slight change in how they feel this whole situation could have been handled? Or do you still feel the same? Here's my thought's. Please share yours...

I read all these articles about trade rumors, and how much Artest will help his next team with his on court abilities and I'm starting to get sick to my stomach. At first I was all for making this deal, but now? I'm all for us coming together as a family and attempting to work something out.

I read about Al Harrington, Nene, Watson, Odom, Pietrus, Maggette, etc. possibly coming to this team and while I wouldn't mind seeing some of them in a Pacers uni, I'd rather not. What circumstance would it take for Artest to come back? What do we really have to lose at this point? I'm not saying just simply bring him back, but how can he EARN his way back on this team?

We didn't even suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, we just flat out put him on the inactive list. Yes I believe it was at the point where we had to, but as of now we've gotten nowhere. I know a lot of people would disagree, but I'm going to feel like crap when I see Artest rocking another teams uni. Thats OUR player. He's a PACER. I now feel that the moment he went public with his trade demand Donnie should have paid him a visit and called an emergency team meeting so Artest could explain himself right away - in front of the entire team.

Somebody here said it before "What team trades their players just because they want to be traded?"

I was in the mindset that we should trade anybody that doesn't want to be here, and I sort of still am. But Ron caused a distraction. He still wants to be here. We can't just kiss and make up - it wouldn't be that simple. But somehow - and we need to be creative - we need to get this team, and it's leader J.O. to find a way to play with Artest on the team.

Give him a probationary period or something. Let him back, but make him earn his playing time. Make him play his way back into the rotation and appreciate what situation he's in. Let him know he's going to be under the microscope no matter where he goes.

We're already damned if we do and damned if we don't. I think it's a given that we're not contending for a title this season without him. I think it's a given that we're not getting equal value as it ifor him. Yes everybody is mad at him, but maybe some extreme measures need to be taken to make this all work. At least we'd have a better chance at beating the good teams and not getting blown out.

Forget all the guys rumored to come here, none of them measure up to Artest. I know most don't agree with me. Hell, I hardly agree with myself. But the fact remains that no matter what team could use Ron, there's no team that needs him more than us. Sure, we have Granger, he's doing a good job and playing beyond what was expected of him this early. However he still has some learning to do.

Therefore I'm officially hoping for that extreme circumstance that allows the team to somehow accept him once again. It's a big risk, but if the two sides can come together I think it would equal a big payoff. I'd like this scenario vs all the names named in trade rumors.

Flame away folks...

----------------------------------------------

On the flip side...

Good thing we drafted Granger. If we hadn't done this, can you imagine where we'd be right now? I can't wait to see Granger this time next season. I think he makes this whole Artest deal possibe. Otherwise I think we'd be stuck trying to "Make it work" with Artest.

But... Artests abilities gave our team a whole new identity.

Shade
01-12-2006, 07:39 PM
I still think that Ron Artest is a d!ck for what he did.

Not much else has changed.

ChicagoJ
01-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Should've been traded in the summer of 2004. Imagine how much better the last two seasons would've turned out.

The fools have been too greedy. Turns out he isn't worth much to our team(unless you actually enjoy disruptions like this) nor to anybody else in the league.

Roy Munson
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Should've been traded in the summer of 2004.

Exactly right. His trade value was off-the-charts at that time.

Kegboy
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
A month ago I was perfectly fine with the notion of sitting him the whole season. Now, I'm so sick to death of it all I'm willing to give up on the notion we can get that Wendy's #6 combo just to make the damn deal happen already. :(

Unclebuck
01-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Exactly right. His trade value was off-the-charts at that time.

I'd rather have Maggette than Peja. So was his trade value any higher 18 months ago. I don't really think so

ChicagoJ
01-12-2006, 08:54 PM
McGrady... Pierce... we did offer him to about seven or eight teams that summer... Problem was, we were still too greedy.

CableKC
01-12-2006, 09:11 PM
A month ago I was perfectly fine with the notion of sitting him the whole season. Now, I'm so sick to death of it all I'm willing to give up on the notion we can get that Wendy's #6 combo just to make the damn deal happen already. :(
Unfortunately...we have moved on to the Wendy's Dollar Menu now.....I'm still hoping that we can get a 99 cent Frostie out of this.:rolleyes:

Jon Theodore
01-12-2006, 10:59 PM
yeah jermaine should of been more mature about it. IF jermaine would of said he was willing to work it out, it could be a possibiliy.

But We're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Ron knew what he did was dumb and wrong. I wish Ron were still a Pacer, i mean he is technically.....but you know what i mean.

I dont care that most everyone else disagrees.