PDA

View Full Version : Magic suspend Steve Francis indefinitely for bad conduct

Slick Pinkham
01-12-2006, 04:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2289923

The number of players on-the-outs with their coaches & teams seems to be growing.

All of you race to Real GM and plug in Francis and plug in Ron.

Artest/Pollard/AJ for Francis/Augmon?

-----
The Orlando Magic have suspended guard Steve Francis for conduct detrimental to the team, the Magic announced Thursday.

The team did not elaborate on details leading to the decision to suspend the point guard. He will miss Friday's game at Portland.

Francis had 10 points and three assists but committed six turnovers in the Magic's 113-104 loss at Seattle on Wednesday.

GO!!!!!
01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd Trade Tinsley and Artest for Franchise, the only kicker is his Salary.... and his tendency to be like StarBury

I Love the Orlando team and believe it's one peace away from being the Suns in the East...... now if Howard started at C i'd be very happy....

Roy Munson
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Steve Francis: Great Player, bad floor general.

If you want to have a great team, you have to have a good leader at the point guard position, and Francis is not a great leader. For that matter, neither is Tinsley.

Roy Munson
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
ESPN Radio just reported the length of the Francis suspension as "indefinite".

Peck
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Real GM said that it was an indefinate suspension as well.

Not that I am advocating this or anything, but I will state that Artest & Bender for Francis works.

Isaac
01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
I'd trade Ron for Steve. He is definitley better at shooting guard though, and wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of:

Tinsley/AJ
Steve Francis/Fred
Stephen Jackson/Granger
Jermaine/Cro
Hulk/Jeff

skyfire
01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
ergh god no, Francis is a wanna-be Iverson. I wouldn't want AI on the Pacers, there's no freakin way I'd want Franchise. SG in a PGs body, no thanks.

Hoop
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I hate Francis's game. I'd rather have AJ at PG anyday, at least he's smart, a team player and a very good defender.

Moses
01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't mind Artest and Croshere/AJ for Stevie straight up. He's kind of a ball hog, But I think coming to a good team could change his mind.

owl
01-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I would trade Ron for a loaf of bread before I brought in another head case.
Have we learned nothing from the Ron situation?

owl

Ragnar
01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
How can I say this strongly enough.:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Jermaniac
01-12-2006, 09:38 PM
I'd trade Ron for Steve. He is definitley better at shooting guard though, and wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of:

Tinsley/AJ
Steve Francis/Fred
Stephen Jackson/Granger
Jermaine/Cro
Hulk/JeffThat sucks. Jack-JO and Steve Francis in the same lineup, blehhhhh.

Shade
01-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Apparently, Steve-o just became Artest Jr. due to a trade request.

skyfire
01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
I think Franchise would be harder to trade than Ron. Huge contract, selfish player without a true NBA position.

Kegboy
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
ridiculously long-*** trade

Howard/Cato
Artest/Battie
Hill/Turkoglu
Francis/Jones
Tinsley/Dooling/Gill

:thumbsup:

:sarcasm:

Kegboy
01-12-2006, 11:06 PM

Tinsley/AJ
Steve Francis/Fred
Stephen Jackson/Granger
Jermaine/Cro
Hulk/Jeff

How dare you not have Cabbage in that lineup?!!!

YOU ARE A BAD, BAD MAN!

;)

Isaac
01-12-2006, 11:24 PM
How dare you not have Cabbage in that lineup?!!!

YOU ARE A BAD, BAD MAN!

;)

Haha, you're right. I guess I forgot, I did miss the Bucks game, so its been awhile since I've seen the Pacers play.

;)

Pacersfan46
01-13-2006, 08:19 AM

Tinsley/AJ
Steve Francis/Fred
Stephen Jackson/Granger
Jermaine/Cro
Hulk/Jeff

I'd rather Granger start for Jackson, and have Jackson go back to being the scorer off the bench role.

Tinsley/ Saras
Francis/Fred/Jackson for SG's with more size
Granger/Jackson
JO/Cro
Hulk/Jeff, or Jeff/Hulk as long as David gets to play 15-20 minutes a game or more consistantly.

DG-33
01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Would be kind've ironic after that fake Francis report on the ESPN boards about a month ago.

PacerFan31
01-13-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd trade Ron for Steve. I remember when the story or fake article or w/e was posted about the Ron for Steve trade, and I was pretty happy about that.

Shade
01-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I'll say the same thing about Ron/Steve-o as I did Ron/Ricky:

Why trade a headcase for a less talented headcase?

DG-33
01-13-2006, 11:56 AM
I'll say the same thing about Ron/Steve-o as I did Ron/Ricky:

Why trade a headcase for a less talented headcase?
I'm not sure Francis is less talented though. He's Dwyane Wade/Gilbert Arenas with an attitude. He's so good when he's playing up this his ability, that I almost think he's worth taking a chance on.

PacerFan31
01-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure Francis is less talented though. He's Dwyane Wade/Gilbert Arenas with an attitude. He's so good when he's playing up this his ability, that I almost think he's worth taking a chance on.

Exactly, I beleive that if he is here with JO, Granger, Sarunas, and Jack other players that play with a passion like he does, that he would be happy here and would be back to playing at an all-star level.

Shade
01-13-2006, 12:18 PM

He's a miniature, slightly more talented version of Jack.

Shade
01-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Exactly, I beleive that if he is here with JO, Granger, Sarunas, and Jack other players that play with a passion like he does, that he would be happy here and would be back to playing at an all-star level.

Until it comes to crunch time, and he, Jack, JO, and AJ each fight over who gets to jack up the last shot to lose the game.

PacerFan31
01-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Until it comes to crunch time, and he, Jack, JO, and AJ each fight over who gets to jack up the last shot to lose the game.

Solution: Tell AJ to STFU and sit down, tell Jack to stand in the corner and wait for the pass, which won't be coming, inbound to Steve tell him to feed it to JO in the post for the give and go, but there will be no go and JO gets the shot.

Now if only it were that easy :(

PacerMan
01-13-2006, 01:20 PM
I would trade Ron for a loaf of bread before I brought in another head case.
Have we learned nothing from the Ron situation?

owl

A FUC*ING men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PacerMan
01-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Be a cold day in Hades before DW takes a flyer on another mental case.
Wanna bet LARGE????? :)

Eindar
01-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Well, I think Ron is the greater talent, but also the bigger headcase. What's wrong with Ron will never be fixed by the right situation, and it's not just an attitude problem that can be fixed through coaching/teammates. Ron has a serious mental problem.

However, having said that, it's quite possible we could trade Ron for Steve and get something else in return. For instance, Ron + expiring contract for Franchise's huge salary and a pick. Maybe we throw in Fred to make it more palatable or something, but regardless, I could see us getting Franchise + added value.

Rasmus
01-13-2006, 06:16 PM
think, that we dont hear any more even that "Steve Francis maybe into USA Team" talk