PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford CHat (1/12)

JBones19
01-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Couple decent questions-
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10443

Chad Ford: (12:03 PM ET ) Thanks for coming everyone. We're on day 2035 of the Ron Artest watch. Not only are media people speculating about where he'll go ... but now players are as well. Let's roll.

Ray (Las Vegas): There was an article online stating that Al Harrington heard, through sources, that Artest was headed to the Clips for Magette. How do you feel on players creating rumors like this?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (12:08 PM ET ) They have better sources than a lot of the media. So ... I think it's great. If he's right, it's a great trade for Indiana and the Clippers as long as Maggette's foot's going to be healthy.

DJ (Dublin, CA): The Warriors are falling fast. Don't they have to make a move before its too late?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (12:09 PM ET ) Sorry everyone ... the chat posting mechanisim is running very slowly this morning ... be patient

SportsNation Chad Ford: (12:13 PM ET ) If Harrington's right, then they're going to miss out on the Artest deal which I think is a shame. Artest is a good fit for them and he has two good friends on the team in Baron Davis and Jason Richardson. Right now they're a Baron injury away from making another trip to the lottery. Even with a healthy Baron there's a strong chance they're not making the playoffs. At some point, Chris Mullin is going to have to sacrifice a young player, for a veteran. I like Ike Diogu a lot ... but I'm surprised that he wasn't willing to include him in a deal for Artest. I think sometimes (me included) we overrate young guys because of their potential.

Donny, IN: Why is everyone saying that the Pacers season is a lost cause? They've looked pretty good to me lately without Ron Artest.

SportsNation Chad Ford: (12:18 PM ET ) I don't understand it. Clearly the Pistons are the best team in the East and will be difficult for any team to beat in a 7 game series if they are healthy. But ... they're one major injury away from being a beatable team. The Pistons have had an incredible track record of staying healthy, but odds say that at some point, one major player on their team is going to get hurt. The Heat are inconsistent. The Nets, Cavs and Bucks are all beatable. I don't think the Pacers are out of the mix, even if they wait until the summer to make an Artest trade. The odds are stacked against them, but there are a number of scenarios where they could still come out of the East.

-J

Kegboy
01-12-2006, 01:29 PM
A number of scenarios where we win the East? Um, somebody on Detroit getting hurt, that's 1.

blanket
01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
A number of scenarios where we win the East? Um, somebody on Detroit getting hurt, that's 1.

By a number of scenarios, I think he meant:

1) Chauncy Billups getting hurt

2) Rip Haimilton getting hurt

3) Ben Wallace getting hurt

4) Rasheed Wallace getting hurt

5) Tayshaun Prince getting hurt

See, that's 5 scenarios right there! :D

Will Galen
01-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I remember when LA was a lock with Shaq, Kobe, Gary Payton, and Carl Malone. Detroit beat them. Of course we complained we were hurt and LA complained Carl was hurt, but that's the way it goes.

It could be Detroit's turn.

I've been thinking Detroit was a major injury away from being an also ran for some time now. My reasoning is their starting 5 play way too many minutes and at least one will be hurt come playoff time.

NPFII
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I remember when LA was a lock with Shaq, Kobe, Gary Payton, and Carl Malone. Detroit beat them. Of course we complained we were hurt and LA complained Carl was hurt, but that's the way it goes.

I've been thinking Detroit was a major injury away from being an also ran for some time now. My reasoning is their starting 5 play way too many minutes and at least one will be hurt come playoff time.

And except for Dice, their bench isn't close to filling the gaps.

They better start turning in minutes for losses, or they'll be jeopardizing their whole season.

Unclebuck
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I've been saying all season long that the Pistons are due for an injury, and I do believe that.

Natston
01-12-2006, 02:25 PM

Who the hell is Carl Malone? ;)

Anyway that's the only hope we got of even going to the finals, let alone beating the Spurs...

Pistoner
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
II've been thinking Detroit was a major injury away from being an also ran for some time now. My reasoning is their starting 5 play way too many minutes and at least one will be hurt come playoff time.

I'm sure it has been said before, but any all-star caliber player in the league plays 34-37 minutes a night. Some play a lot more. The Pistons have arguably 5 all stars in the starting lineup.

Does Wade play too many minutes? Does Paul Peirce? J.O.? Iverson? Every contender is a major injury away from being an also ran.