PDA

View Full Version : The "Keep Fred Jones" petition

rexnom
01-12-2006, 04:11 AM
I think we should start a petition online through http://www.petitiononline.com stating to the Pacers organization that they need to keep Freddie around. Does anyone disagree that this guy is just an amazing player and amazing guy. I mean, he has played pretty much every part for the Pacers through out this Artest mess and played it well...we can't just let him go like James Jones and definitely not like Brad Miller. We need to get the wording down right though before we put it on the net. Then just give the address to all Pacer fans you meet and by off-season someone (or everyone) can show it to the Pacers front-office. I just want to be as pro-active as possible because I love Freddie's game...even if we get Maggette. An he has been doing all his damage off the bench without complaining too! If he keeps this up he will be a strong candidate for sixth man...Come on...let's keep Freddie Jones!

GetOdom
01-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Did I miss something? :confused:

rexnom
01-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Did I miss something? :confused:

Nope, I'm just worried that if a deal like the Maggette one goes thru, Freddie will be considered expendable by the front-office.

GetOdom
01-12-2006, 04:44 AM
I See. . . Freddie is here to stay there is no worries. Plus if we do get Corey he's not gonna be playing right now.

Freddie is one of the best bench players in the league I doubt he's being traded anytime soon.

rexnom
01-12-2006, 05:22 AM
I See. . . Freddie is here to stay there is no worries. Plus if we do get Corey he's not gonna be playing right now.

Freddie is one of the best bench players in the league I doubt he's being traded anytime soon.

Didn't like Brad Miller used to be one of the best centers when we had him (all-star year)? We still dropped the ball on that one.

I just hope we don't get cheap with Freddie...great player, great sixth man.

Evan_The_Dude
01-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry, but I believe Fred is gone. He's good and all, but we can fill his shoes through the draft, and save money. I don't like the idea, but I think we can all agree that he's going to be asking for some $$$.

Jon Theodore
01-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Fred is really sticking it to management for not giving him an extension, he will be gone unfortunately.

ChicagoJ
01-12-2006, 12:27 PM
He's a 6'2" SG who (usually) can't shoot. Those grow on trees.

I'm glad he's playing better, but he's far from being a cornerstone to build a franchise around.

Jermaniac
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM

I'm glad he's playing better, but he's far from being a cornerstone to build a franchise around.If they grow on trees where the hell are they? He is probably a top 5 6th man in the NBA. Give this young man a 5 year deal right now. I dont give a **** if he is a 4'2 SG, the guy can play.

beast23
01-12-2006, 02:10 PM

I'm glad he's playing better, but he's far from being a cornerstone to build a franchise around.Although he's not exactly a cornerstone, he has a better FG% than any other guard on the team. At .448, he's probably in the upper 10-15% of all guards for FG%.

Two things that Fred can do that none of our other guards can do is to defend the quicker opposing guards and drive the ball to the rim. When Fred's shot is on, it is extremely difficult to stop him.

When his shot is not on, he still is able to get to the rim, and he can still defend.

ChicagoJ
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's playing better.

But if somebody actually offers him the MLE this summer, he should take-the-money-and-run.

RWB
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's playing better.

But if somebody actually offers him the MLE this summer, he should take-the-money-and-run.

I would agree Jay, however, if Freddie is willing to stay in the upper 3 to lower 4 million range he would be worth it at this point IMHO.