PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice Fred reaction tonight.

hoopsforlife
01-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Stacy Petz interviewed him after the game and he seemed disinterested. He looked away from the camera and did not smile like he usually does. I thought it was unusual for Fred.

Do you suppose he may be part of a trade? I am beginning to like him alot, so if he was traded it wouldn't surprise me at all. :(

Jaydawg2270
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
he was probally just tired or something

Isaac
01-11-2006, 10:02 PM
I think you may be reading in to this far too much.

PacersGuest
01-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Paetz asked him about the 6th man award...so maybe Freddie was turned off by that comment since the Pacers are trying to win games and not worry about personal achievements. That's what I thought...

hoopsforlife
01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Paetz asked him about the 6th man award...so maybe Freddie was turned off by that comment since the Pacers are trying to win games and not worry about personal achievements. That's what I thought...

I hope you guys are right. I just thought it wasn't a normal Freddie interview.

Kegboy
01-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh, I noticed it too. Hopefully he's just become another Doug Christie and he's not being traded or anything.

Harmonica
01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Rumor has it that Stacy Paetz has...BO. Pincus reported it somewhere, so I'm sure it's true.

18to88
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Rumor has it that Stacy Paetz has...BO. Pincus reported it somewhere, so I'm sure it's true.

hahahahaha, who's Pincus?

Evan_The_Dude
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
If he were being traded he sure wouldn't know about it.

Pacesetter
01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Hopefully they just do a one for one trade. He's playing the ball of his life right now.

able
01-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Hopefully they just do a one for one trade. He's playing the ball of his life right now.
Yes he is, on another scale but almost exactly like JJ, straight out of the monetary possibilites of the Pacers
If he keeps this up, some team is going to offer silly money and having the right to match doesn't mean you can or want.

This one is running away from us I fear, goin gat a price P's can not afford and most likely above what we would consider financially sound for the team, considering a poor market this off-season, (little real talent) and the number of teams desperate for ppl like Fred and spending power, P's might as well consider a trade if the pickings are good.

Which btw is the exact same reason P's won't trade for players who are FA at the end of te season, like Al.

Harmonica
01-12-2006, 12:23 AM
hahahahaha, who's Pincus?

Exactly.

Jermaniac
01-12-2006, 12:26 AM
You are reaching so much with this.

sixthman
01-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Freddie came out of the game early because of fouls and did not return as the game became a run-a-way. Maybe the foul calls which deprived him of a spectacular night were on his mind. ;)

Lbuckingham
01-12-2006, 01:18 AM
If we are to assume FJ was uninterested, and upset...I would think it would have more to do with him knowing we are getting Maggette to take away more of his PT during a contract year.(it is fj's contract year isn't it?)

CableKC
01-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Yes he is, on another scale but almost exactly like JJ, straight out of the monetary possibilites of the Pacers
If he keeps this up, some team is going to offer silly money and having the right to match doesn't mean you can or want.

This one is running away from us I fear, goin gat a price P's can not afford and most likely above what we would consider financially sound for the team, considering a poor market this off-season, (little real talent) and the number of teams desperate for ppl like Fred and spending power, P's might as well consider a trade if the pickings are good.

Which btw is the exact same reason P's won't trade for players who are FA at the end of te season, like Al.

I agree with you on this......unfortunately, this became evident at the beginning of the offseason when Management said they are in penny-pinching mode.

I REALLY REALLY hope that we can get some salary relief when ( and if ) we trade Artest cuz I really want Freddie as a 6th Man / backup PG roleplayer.

I just hope that if we do a S&T with Freddie....that we don't get another useless 2nd Draft pick for him. If that is all we can get for him....I would much rather the Pacers management suck it up and absorb his contract. I don't want to let another good player just slip away.

hoopsforlife
01-12-2006, 06:38 AM
If we are to assume FJ was uninterested, and upset...I would think it would have more to do with him knowing we are getting Maggette to take away more of his PT during a contract year.(it is fj's contract year isn't it?)

That could be it. He seemed more disappointed than anything and after a win it looked out of charactor for him.

fwpacerfan
01-12-2006, 07:27 AM
This reminds of a couple of threads in the Colts Forum from earlier this year:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=269839#post269839

followed by:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=270379#post270379

Freddie often seems disinterested but he just isn't real emotional. That is one of the things I like most about him. I like that he posterizes someone and then just goes and plays defense, unlike other Pacers players - well one Pacer player - who wants to stand around and pose.

RWB
01-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I agree with you on this......unfortunately, this became evident at the beginning of the offseason when Management said they are in penny-pinching mode.

I REALLY REALLY hope that we can get some salary relief when ( and if ) we trade Artest cuz I really want Freddie as a 6th Man / backup PG roleplayer.

Once we cut out Pollard and Reggies at 13 million the Simons will be happier, and that doesn't include how Bender's 7 million plus will play out. I think there will be numbers to work with if the Ps decide to extend Freddie's contract.

grace
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM

Or he found out there's a growing sentiment to get rid of Jamaal which depresses Fred greatly.

Bball
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Or he found out there's a growing sentiment to get rid of Jamaal which depresses Fred greatly.

Jamaal's return could hurt Freddie's minutes if Carlise reverts back to what he was doing (getting Sarunas minutes at the SG spot)... and he strives to keep Granger solid in the rotation.

-Bball

Slick Pinkham
01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Fred was about to get the phone number of one of the Pacemates when Stacy Petz intervened with a microphone.

I'd have been a little ticked off too.

;)

Rocky
01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
The Pacers had better find the money to sign Fred. IMHO no one has been more consistant in the last few games than Freddie. I liked the comment about his not "posturing" after a dunk. He may only be 6'2" but he plays taller. If I were the coach I would start him as the SG. He will only get better a he gets to the point of going to his left as well as to the right. Apparently there are no head problems with Fred.

LouAnna
01-23-2006, 10:11 PM

Rumors are usually just that. Stacy is one of my best friends, and she does not have BO. Shame on you for passing this rumor. :gossip:

Stryder
01-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Rumors are usually just that. Stacy is one of my best friends, and she does not have BO. Shame on you for passing this rumor. :gossip:

HAHAHAHA.

Are you for real? :D

Jermaniac
01-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Whats BO?

PacerFan31
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Whats BO?

Body Odor

or basically saying someone smells like *** :laugh:

Kegboy
01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
HAHAHAHA.

Are you for real? :D

Looks like someone's sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

Evan_The_Dude
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
What? Did Fred give the bitter beer face or something?

Pacesetter
01-23-2006, 11:33 PM

Stacy is absolutely gorgeous! I got a puppy crush on her!!!

She makes me wanna :bdance:every time I see her! ;)

SoupIsGood
01-23-2006, 11:35 PM
She is pretty..... sometimes!

Anthem
01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
It was a joke.

He's using the "fact" that Eric Pincus confirms it to show it's absolutely not true.

With apologies to Eric.

SoThenRobbieSaid
01-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Stacy Petz interviewed him after the game and he seemed disinterested. He looked away from the camera and did not smile like he usually does. I thought it was unusual for Fred.

Do you suppose he may be part of a trade? I am beginning to like him alot, so if he was traded it wouldn't surprise me at all.

The grammar cop in me wants to have you arrested. Just for clarification, disinterested doesn't mean what most think. To say someone is disinterested really means they don't have pre-disposed views towards a certain argument/subject. For example, I would want a judge to be disinterested in my case so that I receive a fair trial.

Fred, in this case, should have looked uninterested.

Lesson for the day.

I accept Paypal.

Doug in CO
01-24-2006, 06:48 AM
Maybe he heard that the Pavcers were trading for an old and broken down Peja whose contract runs out this year and he was just in shock and disgust.

Or maybe he is sleeping with her and they are in a lovers' quarrel

heywoode
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
The grammar cop in me wants to have you arrested. Just for clarification, disinterested doesn't mean what most think. To say someone is disinterested really means they don't have pre-disposed views towards a certain argument/subject. For example, I would want a judge to be disinterested in my case so that I receive a fair trial.

Fred, in this case, should have looked uninterested.

Lesson for the day.

I accept Paypal.

Grammar cop? What about your run together sentence fragment of a username??!! :rolleyes:

317Kim
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Or maybe he is sleeping with her and they are in a lovers' quarrel

:nono: Fred is a good boy!

;)

heywoode
01-24-2006, 12:46 PM
:nono: Fred is a good boy!

;)

He could be both, couldn't he??

317Kim
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Nope Fred knows whats good and bad. he knows Stace is too old for him .

SoThenRobbieSaid
01-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Haha, I'll work on my user name - after I sell all of my autographed Ron jerseys. Any takers? I've got 2. *shrugs*

18to88
01-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Haha, I'll work on my user name - after I sell all of my autographed Ron jerseys. Any takers? I've got 2. *shrugs*

$10