PDA

View Full Version : Pacers reject Kenyon/Lenard deal

GetOdom
01-10-2006, 09:22 PM
From CNNSI..

" SI's Ian Thomsen writes that Denver G.M. Kiki Vandeweghe offered Kenyon Martin and Voshon Lenard to the Pacers last week for Artest and 6'11" backup Scot Pollard. Indiana rejected that deal, unwilling to add the six years and $81.3 million remaining on Martin's contract to their bloated $79 million payroll. The Pacers did, however, provide Vandeweghe with a list of players, including Hawks forward Al Harrington, Lakers forward Lamar Odom and Grizzlies guard Mike Miller whom the Nuggets could acquire from a third team and then relay to Indiana for Artest. Denver spent last Friday trying to get Harrington, but Atlanta rejected an offer of Nené and two first-round picks "

Hmm interesting...

Maybe

a 3-way???

GO!!!!!
01-10-2006, 09:29 PM
K-Mart eh.... intresting, How about

Pacers Get Bryum, Andre Miller

Nuggets get Artest, Pollard

Lakers get K-Mart ,Tinsley

I could live with that.....

Maybe it needs some tweaking but overall I'm happy...

tadscout
01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
K-Mart eh.... intresting, How about

Pacers Get Bryum, Andre Miller

Nuggets get Artest, Pollard

Lakers get K-Mart ,Tinsley

I could live with that.....

Maybe it needs some tweaking but overall I'm happy...

Two teams that want the same player won't help each other in a three way...

Jermaniac
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I wont listen to any more rumors until Ron is traded, so far all of them have been BS. We are going to wait till the trade deadline to see Ron get traded. IF he is traded by then.

Stryder
01-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I wont listen to any more rumors until Ron is traded, so far all of them have been BS. We are going to wait till the trade deadline to see Ron get traded. IF he is traded by then.

They are considered rumors for a reason...duh!

blanket
01-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Seems like KMart should get us a pretty good player or two (with more reasonable contracts) in a 3-way deal.

Keep working the phones, Kiki!

GetOdom
01-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Pacers get Al + 1st round pick
Lakers get Kenyon + Cro
Denver gets Artest + Tinsley

Does it work under the cap rules?

Jermaniac
01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Why in the hell would we do that for?

tadscout
01-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Lakers get Kenyon + Cro

:puke:

and the money is way off...

Believe_in_blue
01-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Lakers get Kenyon + Cro

So Al and a draft pick is worth Artest, Tins and Cro?

tadscout
01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
So we're getting Al Harrington without involving the Hawks in the trade?

I don't think that works under cap rules.

:laugh: good point... where is atl in this deal...

Anyway if DW didn't want Martin b/c of his contract why would he want Al who would be asking for a similar contract?

tadscout
01-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Seems like KMart should get us a pretty good player or two (with more reasonable contracts) in a 3-way deal.

Keep working the phones, Kiki!

Yeah I think this is helping up the market value some... so DW's waiting strategy just may be working folks...;)<o:p></o:p>

Shade
01-10-2006, 10:17 PM
My guess when this whole thing first happened, and we were informed that two "All-Stars" had been offered, was that Kenyon Martin was one of them.

I didn't want him then, and I don't want him now.

Yup.

Was Ricky Davis ever an All-Star?

FiestyFosterFanatic
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM
If I was Atlanta, I definetly would have done Nene and 2 first rounders for Al.

tadscout
01-10-2006, 10:23 PM
My guess when this whole thing first happened, and we were informed that two "All-Stars" had been offered, was that Kenyon Martin was one of them.

I didn't want him then, and I don't want him now.

I don't want him either, but he should help us with the market some... use as leverage or a trading piece for Denver in a 3 way with us...

Young
01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
I agree that the Hawks should have taken the 2 first rounders for Al. Considering their future forwards look to be Josh Smith and Marvin Williams and Al is a free agent after this season looking for a big paycheck those two firsts would look pretty good.

I would like to see a KMart-JO combo but considering Martin's contract I understand why it was rejected.

Pacerized
01-10-2006, 10:39 PM
If nothing else this gives me some hope. It's not a great trade, but it's not garbage. If Walsh is confident enough to turn this down, then something better must be brewing.

Will Galen
01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Mike Miller just had a triple double, 21 points, 10 rebounds, and ten assists. He also had a steal and a block.

Pacers#1Fan
01-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I would love to get Brad Miller but it isn't gonna happen

SweetNSourPork
01-10-2006, 11:03 PM
this sounds like BS. :link:

blanket
01-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I could see Wally Sczerbiak being involved in a Martin/Artest 3-team trade

blanket
01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
this sounds like BS. :link:

I'm gonna guess it's in CNNSI's subscription area:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/preview/siexclusive/2006/pr/subs/siexclusive/01/09/nba0116/index.html?url=http%253A%252F%252Fpremium.si.cnn.c om%252Fpr%252Fsubs2%252Fsiexclusive%252F2006%252Fp r%252Fsubs%252Fsiexclusive%252F01%252F09%252Fnba01 16%252Findex.html

Anyone have access to this?

Jaydawg2270
01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
No one here should believe anything that's not said by the pacers orgnization.

Fireball Kid
01-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Memphis will be a force in the playoffs. Would they take a gamble on Ron? I don't think so.....although Mike Miller in a Pacers uni would be nice.

Eindar
01-11-2006, 02:08 AM
If I was Atlanta, I definetly would have done Nene and 2 first rounders for Al.

That's exactly why I think this rumor is BS. No way ATL turns down 2 1sts and Nene for Al.

sixthman
01-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Mike Miller just had a triple double, 21 points, 10 rebounds, and ten assists. He also had a steal and a block.

Mike Miller would be a good fit for the Pacers. He annually spends a lot of time injured and out of action. :blush:

I like Mike Miller, actually, but am totally against us adding his contract unless the Pacers are willing to make some other fundamental changes. Adding Miller and doing nothing else won't do much but create a bunch of playing time issues.

DisplacedKnick
01-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Mike Miller would be a good fit for the Pacers. He annually spends a lot of time injured and out of action. :blush:

K-Mart's not far off that - he's missed a bunch of PT the last couple of years.

Kind of wonder if this deal was leaked/rumored by the Pacers - with JO they have no use for K-Mart (unless they see him as a SF or want to make JO a full-time center) but they can say, "Look at how much talent teams are willing to offer us for Ron." and go from there.

sixthman
01-11-2006, 07:34 AM
No one here should believe anything that's not said by the pacers orgnization.

And no one should believe anything that is said by the Pacers organization in this matter.

Conclusion:

Until something is official, treat anything you read about Artest trade rumors with complete skepticism.

NPFII
01-11-2006, 11:37 AM
K-Mart's not far off that - he's missed a bunch of PT the last couple of years.

Kind of wonder if this deal was leaked/rumored by the Pacers - with JO they have no use for K-Mart (unless they see him as a SF or want to make JO a full-time center) but they can say, "Look at how much talent teams are willing to offer us for Ron." and go from there.

I think they're saying something more in the lines of - "who wants KMart?"
"We'll package for you KMart and Tinsley/Jackson/Foster if you give us your all-star caliber player that we want(Pierce/Jefferson/Lewis/Marion/JRich/etc...)"

cariocapacer
01-12-2006, 06:33 AM
The Pacers did, however, provide Vandeweghe with a list of players, including Hawks forward Al Harrington, Lakers forward Lamar Odom and Grizzlies guard Mike Miller whom the Nuggets could acquire from a third team and then relay to Indiana for Artest. Denver spent last Friday trying to get Harrington, but Atlanta rejected an offer of Nen&#233; and two first-round picks "

I'd ratherr have Nene and the two picks than harrington. Nene has more upside (if he recovers fully form is knee injury) and he is a restricted FA while Harrington is unrestricted at the end of the year.