PDA

View Full Version : Fallout from the "Questionable Officiating" thread

Roy Munson
01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure how Freddy Jones kept his composure last night. From the phantom touch foul calls, getting undercut on his last dunk attempt for his 6th foul, getting stepped on by Kobe to the point that he slides across the floor on his as$ (no foul call).

Guarding Kobe has to the be the most frustrating thing to do in the NBA. There is no way you are going to get a fair shake. On Freddy's fifth foul he whiffed while trying to poke the ball, but apparently the wind generated from the whiff must have distracted Kobe to the point that the official deemed it a foul.

Obviously SJax was frustrated also, and he couldn't handle the frustration.

I don't like watching Kobe Bryant play. He's dirty (keep those elbows down, Peanut Head), he's protected, and he's cocky, and -- this is just my opinion -- I think he might be a Removed to keep the peace. - Jay

Chauncey
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't like watching Kobe Bryant play. He's dirty (keep those elbows down, Peanut Head), he's protected, and he's cocky, and -- this is just my opinion -- I think he might be a rapist.

Its still just my opinion, but I think Roy Munson is a Do I really have to do this again? C'mon. - Jay ...maybe both. But I have it on good authority that he is.

RWB
01-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Great, wonderful memories of RATS. :rolleyes:

Chauncey
01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Its still just my opinion, but I think Roy Munson is a Do I really have to do this again? C'mon. - Jay ...maybe both. But I have it on good authority that he is.

Jay, its his opionion that Kobe Bryant is a rapist and its my opinion that he's a murderer/child molestor. Those are the only things you can equate a racist to. If he's allowed to say he thinks Bryant is a rapist, I'm allowed to say I think he's a child molestor

Its plain and simple. His post needs removed.

Kstat
01-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Jay, its his opionion that Kobe Bryant is a racist and its my opinion that he's a murderer/child molestor. Those are the only things you can equate a racist to. If he's allowed to say he thinks Bryant is a rapist, I'm allowed to say I think he's a child molestor

Its plain and simple. His post needs removed.

Hey has a point, Jay.

If someone called Reggie the same thing people would be all over it.

ChicagoJ
01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't think its that simple.

Kobe is a public figure that was accused of a crime. Yes, charges were controversial, but it was also controversial that the charges were dropped. Its a fair topic for debate. I happen to think he's just an adulterer and she's just an attention whore - and neither of those things are nice either, and that's not the point at all.

Roy Munson is not a public figure, and if he's ever been accused of anything you suggested, then at the very least provide some credible evidence.

Otherwise, chill out. I'd prefer you stick around and stay civil, because I think you've got something to add to PD. As you know, I don't have any history with you. But accusing Roy of crimes is unneeded, and you're better than that.

However, in the spirit of "keeping the peace", I've removed the magic word from Roy's post, too. Can we please move on?

sweabs
01-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Wait a second...is Kobe a racist or a rapist?

Chauncey
01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't think its that simple.

Kobe is a public figure that was accused of a crime. Yes, charges were controversial, but it was also controversial that the charges were dropped. Its a fair topic for debate. I happen to think he's just an adulterer and she's just an attention whore - and neither of those things are nice either, and that's not the point at all.

Roy Munson is not a public figure, and if he's ever been accused of anything you suggested, then at the very least provide some credible evidence.

Otherwise, chill out. I'd prefer you stick around and stay civil, because I think you've got something to add to PD. As you know, I don't have any history with you. But accusing Roy of crimes is unneeded, and you're better than that.

Figures.

Kstat
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Even if you you say is true, Jay, the discussion doesn't really have a place in THIS thread.

If someone were to start a Kobe opinion thread in the shout box or something, that would be different.

ChicagoJ
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Figures.

See my last edit, and right now we're all in a transponder on the way to the Shout Box.

jrm7one
01-10-2006, 02:04 PM
See my last edit.

Good call. Character judgements, whether accused or not, should not be allowed in a basketball thread.

Roy Munson
01-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Good call. Character judgements, whether accused or not, should not be allowed in a basketball thread.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....we make character judgements about Ron Artest all the time.

8.9_seconds
01-10-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry if this thread is just supposed to roll over and die and I'm dragging it back, but this is just ignorant. I Probably hate Kobe more than anybody. I think he's a cocky punk, however, that's no reason to call him a rapist. Nobody has any idea what went on that night except him. I know he's a public figure, but why I think that sometimes people need to have a little decorum and class, and not think they are entitled to pry into these people's lives.

F******g leave Kobe alone because nobody has any idea what their talking about.