PDA

View Full Version : WALSH TO TAKE RAPTORS JOB

bulletproof
04-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Not many details, but needless to say, they made him "an offer he couldn't refuse." Simons have agreed to release him from his contract at the end of this season and with the Raptors he will become the 2nd highest paid GM in the league. Announcement will be made sometime next week.

This should make Peck and Rag very happy indeed.

Booger
04-01-2004, 07:07 PM
It's not like it matters anyway. Every GM in the league is just a Joe Dumars wannabe.

Shade
Good. Maybe the Pacers won't suck as much anymore.

Pig Nash
this actually sounds reasonable but i doubt this isn't an april fools joke.

MSA2CF
04-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Good. Maybe the Pacers won't suck as much anymore.

They probably still will. They still have Rick Carloser. :laugh:

ChicagoJ
04-01-2004, 07:11 PM
:lolchair:

bulletproof
04-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Um, I guess it being April Fool's day and all, I should have prefaced my post with "This isn't a joke."

Shade
04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Um, I guess it being April Fool's day and all, I should have prefaced my post with "This isn't a joke."

In that case...

Link?

bulletproof
04-01-2004, 08:16 PM

In that case...

Link?

Link? I don't need no stinkin' link.

Shade
04-01-2004, 08:23 PM

In that case...

Link?

Link? I don't need no stinkin' link.

Dirty Pacers fans and their April Fool's jokes. :pissed:

Arcadian
04-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Just a thought but this could be true

1) BP obviously has some inside contact.

2) BP doesn't strike me as someone who would start an April fool's thread mid way through the day after other misleading threads.

3) The Simon's are essecially paying two GM's very well in Walsh and Bird so letting Donnie go will cut down on the cost.

4) Walsh may want to move out of Bird's way and feels like he has left the francise in a good place.

5) Toronto's last GM hire was a high profile GM from a successful team.

6) Walsh has rightly conceeded the next 5 years to the Pistons and wants to start somewhere fresh.

kerosene
04-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Maybe Donnie is tired of Ronnie :(
Maybe Donnie misses Jalen :(

I suppose you have to wonder about the timing of Toronto firing their GM before the season ends. Going into the draft and free agency they'd want someone in place.

Bball
04-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Maybe Donnie is tired of Ronnie :(
Maybe Donnie misses Jalen :(

Maybe the Raptors made an offer he couldn't refuse?

-Bball

kerosene
04-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Maybe the Raptors made an offer he couldn't refuse?

-Bball

Yeah. I can't say I care for the idea of Donnie being on the "other side of the ball" so to speak.

Hicks
04-02-2004, 01:12 AM
bullet, it's April 2nd now. Fess up.

bulletproof
04-02-2004, 03:58 AM

Ahh, but I live on the West coast... April fool's.

kerosene
04-02-2004, 04:05 AM

"I hate you Milkman Dan"

Peck
04-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Dude!!!!!!!! :censor: :pissed: :soapbox: :soundoff: :mad:

Bball
04-02-2004, 04:19 AM

Now you've done it.... Do you wanna help me get Peck down from the moon? Since seeing this thread he's been up there dancing for hours! ;)

-Bball

Bball
04-02-2004, 04:20 AM

Now you've done it.... Do you wanna help me get Peck down from the moon? Since seeing this thread he's been up there dancing for hours! ;)

-Bball

Looks like he came crashing down on his own....

:D

-Bball

wintermute
04-03-2004, 07:35 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/134764-4627-039.html

Walsh not interested

It took less than 24 hours for Donnie Walsh's name to surface as Grunwald's possible successor in Toronto.

A Toronto Sun columnist received an e-mail Friday claiming Walsh had accepted the job. Walsh, however, discounted the report before Friday's game.

"I'm not a candidate," Walsh said.

Walsh has three years left on his contract and intends to honor it. He talked last season as if he planned to retire after that but is now considering the possibility of remaining with the franchise.

"I'll just see how I feel," he said. "If I have the energy to do it (I'll stay)."

it was bulletproof! :o

:laugh:

MSA2CF
04-03-2004, 07:38 AM

Walsh not interested

It took less than 24 hours for Donnie Walsh's name to surface as Grunwald's possible successor in Toronto.

A Toronto Sun columnist received an e-mail Friday claiming Walsh had accepted the job. Walsh, however, discounted the report before Friday's game.

Walsh has three years left on his contract and intends to honor it. He talked last season as if he planned to retire after that but is now considering the possibility of remaining with the franchise.

"I'll just see how I feel," he said. "If I have the energy to do it (I'll stay)."

:omg: bulletproof, was it you & what did you say to make that Canadian believe you? :rockon:

BigMac
04-03-2004, 10:49 AM

Walsh not interested

:omg: bulletproof, was it you & what did you say to make that Canadian believe you? :rockon:

When I read that, I thought that this came from the April Fools joke by Bulletproof. I could be wrong, but I don't think Bulletproof was the one who sent the email. I would guess it was someone who read his joke and sent an email to the Toronto reporter. Heck, if it wasn't so late when I read it, I might have sent an email to a Tornoto reporter looking for some confirmation or validity to the story-and if it wasn't April Fools Day!

Still, this is hilarious that a joke from this forum, most likely, is responsible for that information. Hopefully (sorry Peck) this joke won't turn out to be a joke on us when Toronto realized that maybe Walsh would be good to succeed Grunwald and open up the vault for him-Toronto is a very nice and clean city, don't forget.