PDA

View Full Version : LAst night reminded me

indygeezer
01-10-2006, 06:01 AM
THere is no *&^%#^&^ way I want Artest on the Lakers team. NONE(well if he promises to destroy their season, ok)

From watching that game....

Bynam will be a stud...someday

Odom reminds me of Karl Malone

Kobe is the most protected in the league now.

Jax will never learn

Why have WE not brought in a big man coach like the Lakers have?

This league really needs to improve the officiating.

The game ended about 1:30....the wife's alarm clock inexplicably sounded at 3:30 (which somehow it turned out to be my fault, but then I KNEW it would) then it went off for real at 5:00.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Will Galen
01-10-2006, 08:29 AM
THere is no *&^%#^&^ way I want Artest on the Lakers team. NONE(well if he promises to destroy their season, ok)

From watching that game....

Bynam will be a stud...someday

Odom reminds me of Karl Malone

Kobe is the most protected in the league now.

Jax will never learn

Why have WE not brought in a big man coach like the Lakers have?

This league really needs to improve the officiating.

The game ended about 1:30....the wife's alarm clock inexplicably sounded at 3:30 (which somehow it turned out to be my fault, but then I KNEW it would) then it went off for real at 5:00.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WHOA! You had to get up at 5 and you watched the game? You will be dragging all day today!

As for alarm clocks, I don't mind them going off early if I can go back to sleep. Of course it's been a long time since I worried about an alarm clock.

Of course if you take two naps a day you don't really need an alarm to get up early!

(giggle,giggle,snort)

Unclebuck
01-10-2006, 08:46 AM
A point I wanted to make at the forum party.

Everyone is saying the Pacers need a big man's coach. Someone to teach the players to play in the low post. I don't have a problem with that, but why do you need a big guy a former player to do the teaching. . Why can't Rick or Kevin teach the players.

Do we need a point guard coach (I don't see a former point guard on the Pacers coaching staff)

Will Galen
01-10-2006, 08:53 AM

Everyone is saying the Pacers need a big man's coach. Someone to teach the players to play in the low post. I don't have a problem with that, but why do you need a big guy a former player to do the teaching. . Why can't Rick or Kevin teach the players.

Do we need a point guard coach (I don't see a former point guard on the Pacers coaching staff)

We need a big man so if Harrison doesn't do it right and gets balky he can slap him around to get his attention.

(kidding) I've wondered about that myself. The explanation is that people that have played the position can give pointers that aren't learned on the perimeter.

For instant, this is a poor one but the only one I can think of right now, 'pulling the chair out from under someone' isn't a move you learn on the perimeter.

Doug in CO
01-10-2006, 08:57 AM

Where is Stuart Gray or Steve Stiponovic when you need him? :laugh:

Bball
01-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Where is Stuart Gray or Steve Stiponovic when you need him? :laugh:

Careful giving out ideas...
Does anyone doubt DW would hire Rik Smits as the big man coach if he thought about or Rik said he was available?

-Bball

ABADays
01-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Careful giving out ideas...
Does anyone doubt DW would hire Rik Smits as the big man coach if he thought about or Rik said he was available?

-Bball

Uh huh - Rik could give a few pointers on rebounding.

indygeezer
01-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Wasn't it Big BIll Russell that stated he'd love to work with JO but was stopped by Boston? The 5 is supposedly the hardest position to learn and for kids that don't have the benefit of ANY college experience I see a need for a coach. Hey they have position coaches in the NFL why can't the P's do it?

BTW.....Will, yer STILL a prick.

Bball
01-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Uh huh - Rik could get a few pointers on rebounding.

Fixed... ;)

-Bball

Tim
01-10-2006, 10:59 AM

A normal sized coach isn't going to be able to push David around on the court, and by accident David would be knocking the little guys to the floor, like what happened to 'Melo (gawd I loved that).

I want a real big man to be in there everyday putting the moves on David, and allowing David to go at these guys hard so he can learn and not worry about the fouls, or stitches.