PDA

View Full Version : Rick was on the Jim Rome Radio show Thursday....

MagicRat
04-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Not really much new to anybody here. He was really pushing Jermaine as MVP, although he could see how someone could argue for KG. Talked about checking in on Jermaine's apartment his rookie year in Portland (You want to talk about a bachelor pad...) and how that experience probably helped the situation this year. Also talked about the potential KA trade.

He's a good, thoughtful interviewee....

Shade
04-01-2004, 06:41 PM
You won't be missing him when we're in the Finals and he's at home crying in O'Neal's lap. :devil:

Booger
04-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Personally, I'm glad he's gone. He was a decent coach in the regular season, sure. But he had no idea what he was doing in the playoffs. I mean, any moron would have started Tayshaun last year. Carlisle's system was just way too strict. He took us as far as he could.

Good riddens.

MagicRat
04-02-2004, 10:00 AM
<Bumped past Piston's Digest>

Apparently everybody listens to Dan Patrick these days....no (real) comments on Rick's appearance on Rome.....

MSA2CF
04-02-2004, 10:13 AM
The only funny thing Rome ever said was when he was trying to name his crew somethign other than the "Jungle Retards." I don't watch the guy as he is so high on the West and so pessimistic about almost every topic. :twocents:

I would have liked to hear more about Jermaine in Portland and Kenny almost traded a little more in depth, seeing as how I didn't watch it. :laugh:

Indyfan
04-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I heard it to and I agree it was a good interview. I liked how Rick described JO's apt. in Portland living with relatives all under 20 years old, as a real bachelor pad. He also talked about how much it meant to him to have Kenny stay in Feb. and that he knows it will be imp. to the team in the playoffs having Kenny available.

He also said that if JO doesn't get MVP this year then he better be 1st team all NBA, and that is the point he wants to get across to people. KG is a valid choice, but JO should be recognized both for his numbers and his leadership of this team as 1st team all NBA. I bet Rick makes phone calls this year to the voters for his guys like he did his first year in Detroit. It made the news then, but now they won't be surprised to hear from him.