PDA

View Full Version : The "What Have you Eaten Today?" Thread

8.9_seconds
01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey, we have a thread for every other thing, How about what we've eaten?

Breakfast-......not much on breakfast. I had 3 glasses of Ice Water

Lunch- Grilled Chicken Breast, Mashed Potates, Corn, and other grilled vegetables. There was this really good cream of mushroom gravy with it.

Supper- Attempted to eat a family sized can of soup all by myself, but could only eat about a fourth of it.

Snack-Chocolate chip Granola Bar.

SoupIsGood
01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
dead baby

Shade
01-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Breakfast - 2 small slices of canadian bacon, 2 whole eggs (scrambled), 2 whole wheat english muffins

Meal #2 - 2 pieces of grilled chicken (skinless, boneless) on stir-fry vegetables

Meal #3 - Protein smoothie (chocolate whey protein powder, raspberries, blueberries, fat-free milk, ice)

Meal #4 - Teriyaki tuna on reduced-fat Triscuits, apple

And, yes, this is pretty normal for me, except I usually have another smoothie or small meal on the day. I didn't have time to eat much today, and I had to make up for yesterday's pizza and pie cheat.

317Kim
01-09-2006, 05:08 AM
I'll edit this after I eat Dinner :)

Breakfast-Dayquil and Cap N Crunch

Lunch-felt sick
Snack-couldnt eat
Dinner-Nyquil oranges

Stryder
01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast - Oatmeal with bananas, 1 cup of skim milk

Snack - 1 cup of banana cream pie yogurt

Lunch - Turkey on whole-wheat bread, low fat cheese, mustard, 1 serving of pretzels, Water

Snack - Granola

Dinner - Grilled chicken and broccoli, water

Snack - Smoothie

McClintic Sphere
01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
2 eggs scrambled for breakfast

hummus, avocado, and sweet onion salsa on Romaine lettuce for lunch-raw baby!

Oh and lots of water.

McClintic Sphere
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Damn hippie.

Well, yeah, but my colon's really,really clean.

Stryder
01-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Today for lunch was a 6 inch sub from Subway: Tuna, Lettuce, Green Peppers, Onions, and water to drink

Hicks
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Good idea for a thread.

Breakfast: Instant Breakfast (chocolate milk packed with vitamins et al)
Lunch: None :cry: (Damn first day back bugging me)
Dinner: TBD

I think I'm going to go get a snack now that I can chill out for the evening.

Frank Slade
01-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Breakfast, Special K with Strawberries
Lunch, Wendy's Chicken Strip Salad
Dinner :shrug:

Unclebuck
01-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't know why anyone would care what. But why not.

Breakfast: Piece of whole wheat toast with a little diet butter, and a handful of almonds on my way to work. Water

Lunch: Went to Penn Station. Medium Teriyaki sandwich, small fries (their fries are really, really good), and small lemonade.

Not sure what I'm having the rest of today.

Yesterday (Sunday) - Toast and almonds for breakfast, an orange
Lunch: Turkey sandwich and some Fritos with glass of water. Two cookies

Dinner: Pasta with garlic bread. A medium mint Oreo blizzard from DG, (wow that was good) Coouple of cookies last night

I drink water all day long.

It make me so mad though, two years ago, from April 2004 until September 2004 I lost about 30 pounds, and if I could have just stayed there, it would have been perfect. But I've gained all that back over the past 16 months or so. Actually it all started 11/19/04, I started eating like a pig then. Oh well, I'll lose some over the next 6 months, not sure how I'm going to do it. Starting is the hardest part.

It's all Ron's fault though

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Breakfeast - Glass of OJ and a vitamin

Lunch - Some chocolate milk (didn't have time to eat lunch)

Shade
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't know why anyone would care what. But why not.

Breakfast: Piece of whole wheat toast with a little diet butter, and a handful of almonds on my way to work. Water

Lunch: Went to Penn Station. Medium Teriyaki sandwich, small fries (their fries are really, really good), and small lemonade.

Not sure what I'm having the rest of today.

Yesterday (Sunday) - Toast and almonds for breakfast, an orange
Lunch: Turkey sandwich and some Fritos with glass of water. Two cookies

Dinner: Pasta with garlic bread. A medium mint Oreo blizzard from DG, (wow that was good) Coouple of cookies last night

I drink water all day long.

It make me so mad though, two years ago, from April 2004 until September 2004 I lost about 30 pounds, and if I could have just stayed there, it would have been perfect. But I've gained all that back over the past 16 months or so. Actually it all started 11/19/04, I started eating like a pig then. Oh well, I'll lose some over the next 6 months, not sure how I'm going to do it. Starting is the hardest part.

It's all Ron's fault though

Now I know why you were asking me all those questions at the forum party. :laugh:

Dieting is hard...REALLY hard. But if you want any pointers on what to do to help, just LMK. The first couple months usually yield the most noticable results. Right now, I'm on the verge of modifying my diet to add more protein and build more muscle, and hope to burn the last of my belly fat in the process.

Today, so far, I have had:

Meal #1 - 2 small slices of canadian bacon, 2 whole eggs (scrambled), 2 whole wheat blueberry waffles

Meal #2 - Protein smoothie (chocolate whey protein powder, red raspberries, strawberries, fat-free milk, ice)

Meal #3 - 8 oz. of extra lean ground beef on stir-fry vegetables, apple

Meal #4 - Fat free cheddar cheese on reduced-fat Triscuits, apple

Meal #5 - Protein bar, 2 small containers of nonfat yogurt

Meal #6 - 2 sticks of string cheese, natural peanut butter on whole wheat english muffin

Kaufman
01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Breakfast: nothing.

Lunch: Jambalaya + cabbage soup and asian pork salad, iced tea, focchia bread, and a glass of milk.

Dinner: nothing yet.

Shade
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Today:

2 pieces of toast for breakfast, made from the bread I made last night. 1 cup skim milk.

1 small gingerbread cookie

1 Hershey Kiss

40 ounces of water

Lunch will consist of a 6 inch sub from Subway, likely with some kind of chicken.

No wonder you're so freakin' thin. EAT MORE.

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Haha, I was just about to ask about the toast.

I had some Spaghetti for dinner! And some water! :happydanc:

Shade
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm surprised by the number of ppl who drink water here. Except in rare cases like the forum party, it's all I drink.

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm surprised by the number of ppl who drink water here. Except in rare cases like the forum party, it's all I drink.

Water and Milk are my drinks. Sometimes I like going for some orange juice in the morning, but thats me indulging myself, I just love the taste of OJ. :laugh:

I get chocolate milk at school sometimes, if that's all I have time to grab.

Shade
01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I try to drink mostly water, with milk for some meals.

Oh, and Shade, dinner Saturday was an entire medium pizza from Domino's along with a 1800 calorie beast of a dessert. So I may have almost died.

:eek: :laugh:

Shade
01-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I really like this thread.

I'm going to use it to keep my meals in check.

Ditto. :nod:

Suaveness
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
It feels weird that I don't drink, and it shouldn't. There isn't a single person I know at school that hasn't drunk alcohol, other than myself. Are there others out there?

And today, I had these really good Cheez-It Twists- Cooler Ranch and Chedder. They are REALLY good. I recommend them.

Hicks
01-09-2006, 10:41 PM
It feels weird that I don't drink, and it shouldn't. There isn't a single person I know at school that hasn't drunk alcohol, other than myself. Are there others out there?

:wave:

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I really like this thread.

I'm going to use it to keep my meals in check.

It is a neat idea!

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Btown, do you do Subway?

I used to live with subway, but after 3 or 4 years it got real real old for me

I love Subway, but it's kind of pricey, especially since you can just buy some bread and lunchmeat and make it yourself.

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Crap, it better be one heck of a sandwich if you're forking 10 bucks over for it.

8.9_seconds
01-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Breakfast-3 cups of Ice Water

Lunch- Hamburger

Supper- Piece of dominos Pizza and some water

8.9_seconds
01-09-2006, 11:17 PM
I drink tons of water a day, I don't drink any soda in the summer when I run the most, during a month I may drink 2.

What's the point that a salad becomes unhealthy?

Quick Fact: I read in a magazine that 1 bowl of granola is equal to 16 low fat fudgesicles.

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 11:19 PM
What's the point that a salad becomes unhealthy?

Er, huh?

8.9_seconds
01-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Er, huh?

You know, with Dressing and Toppings and such. How much has to be added?

SoupIsGood
01-09-2006, 11:30 PM
You know, with Dressing and Toppings and such. How much has to be added?

Oh I getcha.

All of my buddies at lunch LOAD UP their salad with our school's gross salad dressing (basically straight mayo). Almost as if they are having some dressing with a little salad on the side.

I like my salad without dressing, I fell in love with the taste of it as a little kid. :laugh: I think it can taste pretty darn good if you got good green stuff.

8.9_seconds
01-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh I getcha.

All of my buddies at lunch LOAD UP their salad with our school's gross salad dressing (basically straight mayo). Almost as if they are having some dressing with a little salad on the side.

I like my salad without dressing, I fell in love with the taste of it as a little kid. :laugh: I think it can taste pretty darn good if you got good green stuff.

Haha yeah, I know people like that. I put a little squirt of Thousand Island on my salad, just enough to have a little bit everywhere, but not globbed on. Sometimes, I just put the dressing off to the side and dip my salad in it.

obnoxiousmodesty
01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I guess I'm not the only one that uses Subway as my default when I can't decide where to go. :laugh:

I haven't eaten for 12 hours, although I had a root beer around 5 hours ago for some calories. I'll be off work soon. I think I'm having a rice dish for supper.

Shade
01-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I rarely drink alcohol. Just never had much of a desire to. I'm far from a bar rat, and am getting too old to go partying (not that I was ever much into that anyway; I can't dance worth a damn and hate techno music), so there's not much occasion for me to drink. Plus I hate beer.

Natston
01-10-2006, 01:25 AM
4 slices of extra extra cheese pizza with anchovies on top plus 24 ounces of Corona for din din...

Unclebuck
01-10-2006, 10:11 AM

And today, I had these really good Cheez-It Twists- Cooler Ranch and Chedder. They are REALLY good. I recommend them.

I rarely do, in fact the last time I had any was over a year ago. Last time I was drunk at all, was ....... many years ago. I've probaby only been drunk about 4 times in my life. Got sick once, no fun really. That is about it. Plus the times I have been drunk I get even quieter so I don't need that.

So far today I've had an orange, slice of toast and a handful of almonds. And probably 45 ounces of water. Got to run - annother trip to the Restroom

McClintic Sphere
01-10-2006, 11:10 AM
No protein was available for breakfast that I didn't have to kill with my hands, so I had some Tiny Bites cereal (Kashi), which my kids are not going to be too happy about when they find out.

Suaveness
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
I rarely drink alcohol. Just never had much of a desire to. I'm far from a bar rat, and am getting too old to go partying (not that I was ever much into that anyway; I can't dance worth a damn and hate techno music), so there's not much occasion for me to drink. Plus I hate beer.

Unfortunately for me I love techno music and dancing, yet every place is too alcholic for my tastes :-p

Eating an APPLE

317Kim
01-10-2006, 02:32 PM
1-10-06
Breakfast: Frosted Flakes w/ Milk DayQuil
Lunch: Chicken Alfredo & Sprite

Raskolnikov
01-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Just having a meal : baked eggs with some bread.

Trying to keep it simple.

SoupIsGood
01-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Milk and vitamin for breakfeast.

Milk and bisciuts and gravy for lunch (very tasty)

drinking watah right now

Kat
01-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I feel bad now. Everyone seems to eat healthier than me. And drink lots of water. What's up with that? I actually hate water unless it's *ice* cold. Even then I prefer sweetened ice tea or Coke. Anyway, on to today's menu...

Breakfast - bowl of Oatmeal Raisin Crisp
Morning snack - 1 Quaker Crunchy Granola Oats, Nuts & Honey bar (I highly recommend these)
Lunch - Uncle Ben's Spicy Beef & Broccoli rice bowl with water (Edit: add barbecue chips and a cup of Pepsi; Edit #2: one large blueberry muffin (dammit, I'll eat anything that crosses my path and is free!))
Afternoon snack - another Quaker Crunchy Granola Oats, Nuts & Honey bar (they come in packs of two)
Dinner - breaded chicken sandwich with seasoned crinkle cut fries and lots of ice tea

There will probably be chocolate involved at some point. There always is. ;) It's especially not helpful when one of my coworkers brings me back a boatload of authentic German chocolate. Mmmm....

Stryder
01-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Breakfast - 2 glasses of Orange Juice, banana

Lunch - Sweet and Sour Chicken, Broccoli, Water

Hicks
01-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich (with ketchup!), a chocolate chip cookie (Nestle!), and a container of milk (Moocow!).

Shade
01-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I feel like a pig after yesterday. I ate, in no particular order:

- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 pieces of candian bacon
- 2 Kashi GoLean blueberry waffles
- 2 apples
- 14 reduced-fat Triscuits (2 servings)
- 50 lightly salted almonds (2 servings)
- 2 whole wheat english muffins w/natural peanut butter
- 4 string-cheese sticks
- 4 small light-and-fit yogurt cups
- 2 peanut butter protein bars
- 3 tilapia fish fillets, baked in olive oil

Today, so far, I have eaten:

- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 pieces of candian bacon
- 2 Kashi GoLean blueberry waffles
- 1 apple
- 14 reduced-fat Triscuits
- 1 pouch of Teriyaki tuna

Knucklehead Warrior
01-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm DONUTS

btowncolt
01-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Breakfast:

Smoothie (consisting of skim milk, vanilla yogurt, natural peanut butter, oatmeal, whey protein, and ice)
Turkey bacon, mixed with black beans and green beans.

11am snack:

Raisins and a banana.

Lunch:

Turkey sausage mixed with spinach and fresh mozzerella. Long grain rice.

4pm snack:

More raisins and another banana.

Dinner:

Undecided. Possibly a chicken oriented meal.

Post-dinner, pre-bedtime snack:

Smoothie, with ingredients likely consisting of the same as the smoothie listed above.

Shade
01-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Breakfast:

Smoothie (consisting of skim milk, vanilla yogurt, natural peanut butter, oatmeal, whey protein, and ice)
Turkey bacon, mixed with black beans and green beans.

11am snack:

Raisins and a banana.

Lunch:

Turkey sausage mixed with spinach and fresh mozzerella. Long grain rice.

4pm snack:

More raisins and another banana.

Dinner:

Undecided. Possibly a chicken oriented meal.

Post-dinner, pre-bedtime snack:

Smoothie, with ingredients likely consisting of the same as the smoothie listed above.

Looks like you're on a diet very similarly to mine. ;)

I forgot about this thread, but it's time to utilize it again. :nod:

Breakfast - 1 bowl (2 cups) of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal w/fat-free organic milk
470 calories, 26g protein, 85g carbs, 6g fat (0g sat)

Post-workout snack - 1 protein smoothie (chocolate whey protein powder, instant oatmeal, natural peanut butter, fat-free organic milk, ice)
565 calories, 57g protein, 51g carbs, 12.5g fat (3.75g sat)

Lunch - 1 plate of whole-wheat spaghetti w/sauce, olives, mushrooms, and lean beef cooked in olive oil
760 calories, 37g protein, 106g carbs, 27g fat (7g sat)

Snack #2 - 2 string cheese sticks, 1 apple, and 1 1/2 oz. of unsalted almonds
440 calories, 21g protein, 31g carbs, 30g fat (6.5g sat)

Dinner - 5 oz. of teriyaki tuna, 2 string cheese sticks, and 1 apple
340 calories, 38g protein, 30g carbs, 9.5g fat (5g sat)

Bringing me to a daily total of:

2575 calories, 179g protein, 303g carbs, 85g fat (22.25g sat)

Pig Nash
01-29-2006, 10:00 AM
can of mandarin oranges.

8.9_seconds
01-29-2006, 11:44 PM
No Breakfast

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
corn

5 Glasses of Ice Water

5 pieces of toast
hot chocolate

2 more glasses of water

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 09:03 AM
No Breakfast

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
corn

5 Glasses of Ice Water

5 pieces of toast
hot chocolate

2 more glasses of water

Eat breakfast or I'll smack you.

Gyron
01-30-2006, 10:19 AM
So far today, A glass of orange juice and a cup full of "Barely Naked" Banana Nut Gronola.
MMmmm....Good stuff.

For lunch, I have grilled chicken breast....

Dinner will probably consist of a salad fat free dressing and some kind of meat, probably Chicken.

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Breakfast:

Smoothie. Contents listed above.
Some chicken cold cuts. 2 Egg whites. Low-fat cottage cheese.

Snack in an hour:

Almonds and raisins.

Lunch:

Chicken cold cuts on whole-wheat bread, with some natural peanut butter. Some celery.

Snack:

Banana

Dinner:

Undecided

Pre-bed snack:

Smoothie.

Shade
01-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Breakfast - 1 bowl (2 cups) of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal w/fat-free organic milk

Snack #1 - 2 string cheese sticks and 1 apple
200 calories, 12g protein, 22g carbs, 9g fat (5g sat)

Lunch - 1 plate of lean beef w/black beans, cooked in olive oil
640 calories, 56g protein, 40g carbs, 33g fat (10g sat)

Snack #2 - 1 protein smoothie (chocolate whey protein powder, instant oatmeal, natural peanut butter, fat-free organic milk, blueberries, raspberries, ice) and 2 string cheese sticks
605 calories, 50g protein, 65.5g carbs, 21.75g fat (7.75g sat)

Dinner - 1 natural peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread and 1 apple
490 calories, 16g protein, 68g carbs, 20g fat (2.5g sat)

Snack #3 - 1 Payday protein bar
240 calories, 15g protein, 19g carbs, 12g fat (2g sat)

Total - 2645 calories, 175g protein, 299.5g carbs, 101.75g fat (27.25g sat)

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 01:20 PM
How many protein grams you goin' for every day? Looks like quite a few.

Stryder
01-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Breakfast: One 8 ounce glass of skim milk, granola

Snack: Banana Creme Pie lite yogurt

Lunch: One personal pan pizza from Noble Romans, two breadsticks, water

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Breakfast: One 8 ounce glass of skim milk, granola

Snack: Banana Creme Pie lite yogurt

Lunch: One personal pan pizza from Noble Romans, two breadsticks, water

You were doing so well for a while, too!

:tongue:

Gyron
01-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Add to that, a afternoon snack consisting of a handful of Hersey Kissables. Look kinda like M&M's in Hersey Kiss shapes, but the taste is just slightly different. Guess I'll have to spend an extra 30 minutes at the gym tonight

Shade
01-30-2006, 01:58 PM
How many protein grams you goin' for every day? Looks like quite a few.

I'm shooting for about 200 or so now. Since the last of my belly fat is being so stubborn, and the rest of me is ridiculously skinny in places, I've started taking in a bit more calories in order to build more muscle. My goal is to have that fat gone and be more muscular by my birthday in June. :pray:

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Steroids would help. All my idols used them. You should too.

Shade
01-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Steroids would help. All my idols used them. You should too.

Well, everyone I know smokes weed and gets ****-drunk stupid, and they seem to be content.

Can I smoke steroids or dissolve them in beer or something?

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Just start injecting beer and drinking bong water. You'll love it.

1 more hour until it's banana time!

McClintic Sphere
01-30-2006, 02:40 PM
I've been drinking Jay Robb's whey protein for breakfast. How do you like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch? I'm gonna have to try that, I usually eat protein for breakfast, but need alternatives for variety.

Shade
01-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I've been drinking Jay Robb's whey protein for breakfast. How do you like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch? I'm gonna have to try that, I usually eat protein for breakfast, but need alternatives for variety.

I think it's really good. It's kinda high in sugar, though, just FYI.

Stryder
01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
You were doing so well for a while, too!

Ha. I know.

Now, I have to run a little longer later.

Gyron
01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
By the way, I learned an interesting fact this weekend from one of the personal trainers at our Gym.....

You have to burn 3100 calories to get rid of 1 lb of fat.

Guess thet Ultimate double bacon cheeseburger at Jack in the box with like 1400 calories isn't such a good idea.....:(

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
By the way, I learned an interesting fact this weekend from one of the personal trainers at our Gym.....

Guess thet Ultimate double bacon cheeseburger at Jack in the box with like 1400 calories isn't such a good idea.....:(

Any personal trainer that told you that needs serious work on tailoring his efforts to individual people, not just quoting the average caloric content of 1 lb of fat. Simply saying that is kinda stupid. What exactly does it mean? How fast does your body burn calories? Most importantly, how quickly do you burn calories when you're at rest? Or excersicing?

Gyron
01-30-2006, 03:26 PM
It was just a fact, had nothing to do with tailoring my workout.

She was just spouting off a fun fact.

Im actually doing quite well with mine. Haven't lost a lot of weight, but Im turning a lot of that fat into muscle, or replacing it with muscle however that works.

travmil
01-30-2006, 03:33 PM

Your PT needs a new line. While what she says is technically true, what she didn't tell you is that the average body burns between 1800-2200 calories per 24 hours simply by existing. Heart beating, breathing, moving from place to place etc... So lets say you eat 1600 calories that day, you're at least 200 ahead, then you burn 300 calories in a 30 minute jog, you're at least 500 ahead. But that's not all, when you do aerobic exercise, your body doesn't just stop burning calories when you stop. It continues to burn calories at a faster rate for almost an hour after you stop because your body is replenishing what you lost during your workout. So lets say you burn an extra 100 calories. You're at least 600 and possibly 1000 ahead that day alone. That's the same as eating 600-1200 calorie diet. If you maintain that level, you are guaranteed to start shedding weight. The mistake people make is thinking that exercise is the fastest way to lose weight. That's a complete and total myth. The fastest way to lose is by counting calories and limiting your caloric intake. Most people can cut off over 500 calories a day simply by drinking water exclusively. All that soda, coffee, tea, and beer really makes the biggest difference. It doesn't hurt to couple it with exercise at all, but if you eat 3000 calories a day, which is actually pretty easy, it takes a TON of exercise or a superhuman metabolism to stay ahead of the curve.

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Hee hee. Travmil went off on the tangent I was only hinting about!

I'm glad she was just spouting off facts, but I consider that to just be a needlessly annoying and rather daunting fact if left all alone.

I'm glad you're doing well with your program, good to hear.

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
To add onto trav's tangent, building muscle is the best way to burn fat. Keeps your resting calorie burners set to maximum.

Shade
01-30-2006, 04:05 PM

Actually, it's 3500 calories. That's why a 500-calorie deficit each day is advised to lose 1 pound of fat per week. Each person's maintenance level is different depending on age, height, weight, and body fat percentage. :teach:

And all calories are not created equal.

Shade
01-30-2006, 04:07 PM
To add onto trav's tangent, building muscle is the best way to burn fat. Keeps your resting calorie burners set to maximum.

You've been reading the Abs Diet book, haven't you? ;)

Yes, that's true. While cardio is always good, strength training keeps your metabolism revved for up to 48 hours post-workout, whereas cardio stops burning calories shortly after it's concluded. Too much cardio then starts to burn away muscle rather than fat. Also, each pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day. :teach:

McClintic Sphere
01-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I think it's really good. It's kinda high in sugar, though, just FYI.

I'm gonna give it a go. I told my wife to pick up a box at Wild Oats tonight.

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Dinner:

Some extra lean hamburger meat. Mozzerella. Green beans.

SoupIsGood
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I thought it was 3500 cals a pound? 3100 doesn't seem right.

I've always considered a good mixture of diet, weight lifting, and cardio to be the best way to lose weight.

Btown, did you go into a health career or something? I was thinking about it back in the day, it's pretty interesting stuff really.

Oh yeah, what I ate.

------

A little bit of grape juice, it tasted like puke. Milk and a small turkey sandwich for luncher. A pretty big turkey sandwich for dinner. :eyebrow: Plenty of water.

btowncolt
01-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I thought it was 3500 cals a pound? 3100 doesn't seem right.

I've always considered a good mixture of diet, weight lifting, and cardio to be the best way to lose weight.

Btown, did you go into a health career or something? I was thinking about it back in the day, it's pretty interesting stuff really.

Oh yeah, what I ate.

------

A little bit of grape juice, it tasted like puke. Milk and a small turkey sandwich for luncher. A pretty big turkey sandwich for dinner. :eyebrow: Plenty of water.

Ha, no. I keep myself pretty educated on the topic, even if I use that education rather poorly. But I've started eating pretty well the last month or so, and I've gotten back to running consistently. Now, I need to get back to lifting after a 7 month hiatus and having lost most of my muscle mass, which was at an all-time high for me.

Shade can tell you all about the particular eating habits I'm following. It seems as though he's doing about the same thing, though a little more with a little more protien and carbs than I am. It's not really a diet, as I'm eating all the damn time. It's just a much better way of eating. Nothing Earth shattering, but finally decided to actually take care of what goes into me this year.

McClintic Sphere
01-31-2006, 06:39 AM
break the fast: 2 cups Kashi Go Lean Crunch (not bad at all) with Almond Breeze non-dairy beverage. Chased by 1 scoop whey protein w/ water. 1tbsp. Ginko Biloba. 1tbsp. Ginseng.

Shade
01-31-2006, 09:58 AM

Snack #1 - TBD
0 calories, 0g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat (0g sat)

Lunch - TBD

Snack #2 - TBD

Dinner - TBD

Snack #3 - TBD

Total - 470 calories, 26g protein, 85g carbs, 6g fat (0g sat)

btowncolt
01-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Breakfast:

Smothie, contents previously listed. 2 egg whites. Chicken cold cuts. 3 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt.

11am Snack:

1.5 ounces raisins, 1 ounce natural almonds.

Lunch:

2 celery stalks. Sandwhich with natural peanut butter and chicken cold cuts, on whole-wheat bread.

4pm snack:

1 banana.

Dinner:

Undecided. Likely some extra lean hamburger, some mozzerela, and some sort of green veggie.

Pre-sleep snack:

Smoothie.

Shade
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 thin (about 1.75 oz.) beef eye of round steak, 2 Kashi Go Lean blueberry waffles, water

I'll be on campus today from 11:00 - 7:00, so I'll be eating a lot of protein bars over the course of the day.

btowncolt
02-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Dinner ended up being pizza, nachos, and a light beer. Don't look at my shame!

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Snack #1: 2 protein bars, water

Lunch: 2 protein bars, 1 oz. of lightly salted cashews, water

I'm starving for some real food. :(

Shade
02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Dinner ended up being pizza, nachos, and a light beer. Don't look at my shame!

:nono:

btowncolt
02-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Breakfast:
Smoothie. Yogurt.

Snack:
Almonds and raisins.

Lunch:
Chicken and peanut butter sandwhich. Celery.

Snack:
Almonds and raisins.

Dinner:
Office happy hour. Libations and free appetizers.

Pre-bed snack:
Smoothie.

Shade
02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Just to update yesterday:

Snack #2: 1 protein bar, 2.5 oz. of beef jerky, water

Dinner: 1 protein bar, 5 oz. teriyaki tuna on reduced fat Triscuits, water

And today:

Breakfast: 1 bowl Lean One honey-clusters cereal, 2 whole-wheat English muffins, water

Snack #1: 1 protein bar (large), water

btowncolt
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
That dinner was pathetic.

Shade
02-02-2006, 01:51 PM
That dinner was pathetic.

Yeah, I know, but I was at school from 11am to 7pm, and then went to the Pacers game, then swung by to pick up my laundry. I didn't get home until almost midnight and didn't feel like cooking anything. :shrug:

In fact, the whole day pretty much sucked. A little jerky, a little tuna, a few cashews, and 6 protein bars. Yeesh.

btowncolt
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
That's an expensive day, protein bar wise.

McClintic Sphere
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
What non-meat protein sources do you guys use besides suppliments? I have no aversion to meat tastewise, but my body just doesn't like it too much. I need more 'tein!

btowncolt
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
What non-meat protein sources do you guys use besides suppliments? I have no aversion to meat tastewise, but my body just doesn't like it too much. I need more 'tein!

Natural peanut butter.

Eggs (though I think the yolks are icky).

Fat-free vanilla yogurt.

Skim milk.

Low-fat cottage cheese.

Whole-wheat breads.

Raskolnikov
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
This thread cracks me up.

Really, I'm laughing out right now.

See: :lmao:

btowncolt
02-02-2006, 03:37 PM
This thread cracks me up.

Really, I'm laughing out right now.

See: :lmao:

Why's that? We don't eat horse poo all the time like you do in Belgium?

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

Raskolnikov
02-02-2006, 03:49 PM

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

:grumble:

And for your information, we eat dog poo, not horse poo. :tongue:

I don't know what it precisely was that made me laugh out loud, but I hadn't been reading the thread for a while and I started from page 4. There was just a perfect build up in the whole conversation to the climax point where you commented Shade's pathetic dinner and proteine bar consummation.

And it's interesting too. Keep it up!

Shade
02-02-2006, 06:18 PM
That's an expensive day, protein bar wise.

Money-wise, it wasn't bad. The local Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market had all their protein bars marked way down, to as little as 48 cents for some of them. I wish I had bought more now.

Shade
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

btown - 1
Belgium - 1 (they get a free point for their waffles)

pacercoltfan
02-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Money-wise, it wasn't bad. The local Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market had all their protein bars marked way down, to as little as 48 cents for some of them. I wish I had bought more now.

Speaking of protein bars. I made the mistake one time by buying some that I thought I would like at Sam's club and they were disgusting. I forget what the name of them was but they were gross! :puke:

I don't know what I was thinking because usually I buy the Powerbar brand.

Slick Pinkham
02-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Speaking of protein bars. I made the mistake one time by buying some that I thought I would like at Sam's club and they were disgusting.

The REALLY REALLY BAD thing is that, since it was Sam's Club, you didn't just buy one bad bar but a case of 100.

Maybe you have some farm animals to feed them to. The "beefarini" effect, if you are into Seinfeld.

pacercoltfan
02-03-2006, 06:57 PM
The REALLY REALLY BAD thing is that, since it was Sam's Club, you didn't just buy one bad bar but a case of 100.

Maybe you have some farm animals to feed them to. The "beefarini" effect, if you are into Seinfeld.

I ended up eating them just to get rid of them. :puke: Thankfully there weren't 100 bars in the box! :puke:

Shade
02-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Breakfast: 1 bowl of Lean One Honey Clusters cereal in fat-free organic milk
Snack #1: 1 post-workout protein shake (fat-free organic milk, chocolate whey protein powder, natural peanut butter, oatmeal)
Lunch: 8 oz. of extra lean beef w/stir-fry vegetables in teriyaki sauce
Snack #2: Reduced fat Triscuits, 1 protein bar
Dinner: Teriyaki tuna on reduced fat Triscuits, cottage cheese, 1 oz. lightly salted cashews
Snack #3: TBD

btowncolt
02-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't want to list what I consumed last night. So I'll just say a saltine, and move on to today.

317Kim
02-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Pistons.

pacercoltfan
02-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Pistons.

:puke: :lmao:

317Kim
02-05-2006, 01:21 PM
This morning:
Some left over pistons.
LUNCH:
Lemonade and a turkey sandwhich and FROOT LOOPS :D

SoupIsGood
02-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Pistons.

LMAO

Shade
02-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 slices canadian bacon, 2 Kashi Go Lean blueberry waffles, water
490 calories, 29g protein

Post-workout snack: 1 protein smoothie (chocolate whey protein powder, fat-free organic milk, oatmeal, natural peanut butter, ice)
515 calories, 47g protein

Lunch: Teriyaki tuna, beef jerky, apple, water
370 calories, 54g protein

Snack: Pria protein bar, water
170 calories, 11g protein

Dinner: 4oz. beef eye of round steak, cottage cheese, water
360 calories, 58g protein

TOTAL: 1905 calories, 199g protein

btowncolt
02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Breakfast: Smoothie, Turkey bacon, 1 egg.

Snack: Almonds and raisins.

Lunch: Whatever is left over in the conference room when the board meeting ends.

Snack: Raisins.

Dinner: Unknown.

Snack: Smoothie.

Knucklehead Warrior
02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I've consumed 47 times my weight in excess stomach acid.

sweabs
02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Am I the only one who opened this thread thinking they were a relatively healthy eater, and then left wondering how in the world you ever survived without eating "smoothies" and "protein bars"?

btowncolt
02-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Am I the only one who opened this thread thinking they were a relatively healthy eater, and then left wondering how in the world you ever survived without eating "smoothies" and "protein bars"?

Definitely not.

Gyron
02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Don't even want to discuss the amount of food and alcohol consumed yesterday.....

Breakfast: 1 glass of orange Juice, 1 fat free yougurt smoothie.

Snack(very bad) Two handfuls of Peanut butter pretzel's left over from last night.

Lunch: 4 oz lean hambruger, and 1 oz lowfat cheese.

snack: Go naked Banana Nut Granola

Dinner: Undecided, but probably chicken....

Shade
02-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Don't mind me. My #1 priority is trimming up and getting more muscular, so I'm a bit obsessive about my eating habits. Even in the rare instances where I have a cheat meal I feel bad about it.

Yesterday was baaaad. I had lots of pizza and ice cream. Of course, I skipped my cheat meal last week, so I just kinda took two meals' worth yesterday instead.

Gyron
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Agreed Rcarey.....And I thought all that damn chicken and salad I was eating was doing pretty good. I keep expecting to **** green feathers at some point......:laugh:

But it also kinda gives me some insight as to what I should probably be eating....so keep it up shade and btown.

McClintic Sphere
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Don't mind me. My #1 priority is trimming up and getting more muscular, so I'm a bit obsessive about my eating habits. Even in the rare instances where I have a cheat meal I feel bad about it.

Yesterday was baaaad. I had lots of pizza and ice cream. Of course, I skipped my cheat meal last week, so I just kinda took two meals' worth yesterday instead.

Shade, if I remember correctly from one of the forum parties, you were rather trim. Did you go on some extreme binge after that causing an endless cycle of binging/purging which will continue until the proper psychological need is addressed?

btowncolt
02-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Agreed Rcarey.....And I thought all that damn chicken and salad I was eating was doing pretty good. I keep expecting to **** green feathers at some point......:laugh:

But it also kinda gives me some insight as to what I should probably be eating....so keep it up shade and btown.

There's a very good reason I don't make these posts on weekends.

That's when I enter "The Dark Territory".

Shade
02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Shade, if I remember correctly from one of the forum parties, you were rather trim. Did you go on some extreme binge after that causing an endless cycle of binging/purging which will continue until the proper psychological need is addressed?

:laugh:

I'm relatively trim, but I've still got this patch of belly fat that just won't seem to go away. It bunches up when I bend over and, to be quite honest, it disgusts me. I don't hang over my pants or anything, but it just really bothers me. I can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I do, and it's incredibly frustrating. I'm thin as a rail in some places. I have virtually no fat in my arms, chest, and hips, which makes the belly part really weird because I can see my hip bones pretty clearly.

So, yeah, maybe I'm a little anorexic. But I don't think it's an unreasonable goal to just completely flatten my stomach. I just don't get why it's taking so long to get the job done. :shrug: :(

sweabs
02-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Don't most peoples' stomach's bunch up when they are in a hunched position? (Excluding, Chuck Norris of course).

Jermaniac
02-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Breakfast: Some doughnuts

Lunch: Burger King, A Turkey sandwich and a bag of chips

2 hours later- Spaghetti and meatballs

- Apple, you know I got to eat healthy

Dinner - A Bowl of Frosted Flakes

Shade
02-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Don't most peoples' stomach's bunch up when they are in a hunched position? (Excluding, Chuck Norris of course).

Yeah, but I want less. It just really annoys me. It seems to be mostly in the lower belly around the midsection. I'm fairly thin in the upper belly and around my hips.

I'm driving some people crazy, too. A couple of my friends, as well as my boss and parents, are legitimately concerned about my health. I assure them I'm okay, and if anything, am healthier than I've ever been. But I look NOTHING like I did a couple years ago, so that kinda freaks them out a bit. I haven't slept well for a few years now, but now I'm so much thinner in my face it's starting to show, and some people think I'm sick. I keep telling them I'm just an insomniac, lol.

Shade
02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Breakfast: Some doughnuts

Lunch: Burger King, A Turkey sandwich and a bag of chips

2 hours later- Spaghetti and meatballs

- Apple, you know I got to eat healthy

Dinner - A Bowl of Frosted Flakes

I hate you. :soapbox:

Jermaniac
02-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Thing is I dont gain any damn weight, I eat like a beast but I stay at 155-160.

sweabs
02-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Thing is I dont gain any damn weight, I eat like a beast but I stay at 155-160.

I'm the same way...but you need to realize that your arteries still feel it.

Jermaniac
02-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I'll die tuesday instead of thursday who gives a **** :lol: Just playing, I know it messes up my body but I work out alot so that should help me out.

8.9_seconds
02-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I've been as sick as a poodle after eating a 5lb. box of chocolate the past couple of days, so i haven't eaten much.

Breakfast-Ice Water
Lunch-Piece of Toast and Ice Water
Dinner-Some pop corn shrimp

317Kim
02-07-2006, 05:51 AM
:console: Get Well Soon :)

Shade
02-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Breakfast: Lean One Honey Clusters cereal w/fat-free organic milk
585 calories, 20g protein

Snack: Pure protein bar, water
190 calories, 20g protein

Lunch: Boneless, skinless chicken filets, beef jerky, cottage cheese, water
440 calories, 79g protein

Snack: Granola protein bar, apple, water
280 calories, 20g protein

Dinner: Tilapia fish filets on brown rice, water
860 calories, 70g protein

Snack: Granola protein bar, water
190 calories, 20g protein

Total: 2545 calories, 229g protein

mugsy27
02-07-2006, 10:46 AM
guess i will jump in now, seeing as im getting ready to hit the gym tonight for the 1st time in over 4 months due to a lower back problem.

me = 34 years old (male), 5' 8' - 150 lbs...atheltic build with very little body fat (more of a runner / cycler than weightlifter..although i do both). Im also one of those hated types that eats a ton and puts on no weight!

BREAKFAST- bag of grapes, 1 orange, onion bagle w/ low-fat creamcheese, 1 hardboiled egg.

LUNCH- TBD

DINNER - Shrimp Portifino with a spinach salad (left overs from last night).

btowncolt
02-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Breakfast: Smoothie, Turkey Bacon, 2 egg whites.

Lunch: Turkey and PB sandwhich on whole wheat bread, 1 egg white, celery.

Dinner: Hamburger meat, with sumpthin'.

Snack: Neo-Citron smoothie.

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Breakfast: Smoothie (with a banana added this time), Go-Lean Krunch stuff.

Lunch: Turkey and PB sandwhich on whole wheat bread, celery.

btowncolt
02-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Breakfast: Smoothie (with a banana added this time), Go-Lean Krunch stuff.

Lunch: Turkey and PB sandwhich on whole wheat bread, celery.

Ditto.

Gyron
02-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Well, after my 3 day crash food poisoning diet, I dropped 7 lbs. total. Woohoo!

Today I have been able to hold down(and IN without a rapid response) a small yougurt smoothie(breakfast), and 1/2 of a jr. cheeseburger plain and half a plain baked potato from Wendy's(lunch).

You don't know what an accomplishment that is after the last three days....

Shade
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Ditto.

Heh, I pretty much stopped posting here because my routine is so similar from day to day. It gets tiring.

btowncolt
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Heh, I pretty much stopped posting here because my routine is so similar from day to day. It gets tiring.

I made a steak burger for lunch tomorrow to mix it up.

You can still count on those raisins and almonds........

317Kim
02-16-2006, 06:00 AM
5:36-Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

12:33-Lunch Turkey and Cheese sandwich.

Gyron
02-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Breakfast: 1 fat free yougurt smoothie.
Lunch will be : 2 - 2 oz Turkey Burgers, with a small amount of ketchup.
Dinner will be: 5 oz grilled chicken with 2 oz of low fat cheese, and a little salsa.

Somewhere in there Ill have a snack of some granola.

Slick Pinkham
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Ryan's Steak House Story

not for the faint of heart

(not my story)

Now, I know that there is a lot of embellishment that occurs on this group and I am aware that a small number of things are perhaps sheer fabrication, but I have a story to tell that is the absolute truth.

Funniest damn thing that has ever happened to me. A couple of weeks ago we decided to cruise out to Ryan's Steakhouse for dinner. It was a Wednesday night which means that macaroni and beef was on the hot bar, indeed the only night of the week that it is served. Wednesday night is also kid's night at Ryan's, complete with Dizzy the Clown wandering from table to table entertaining the little *******s. It may seem that the events about to be told have little connection to those two circumstances, but all will be clear in a moment.

We went through the line and placed our orders for the all-you-can-eat hot bar then sat down as far away from the front of the restaurant as possible in order to keep the density of kids down a bit. Then I started my move to the hot bar. Plate after plate of macaroni and beef were consumed that evening, I tell you - in all, four heaping plates of the pseudo-Italian ambrosia were shoved into my belly. I was sated. Perhaps a bit too much, however.

I had not really been feeling well all day, what with a bit of gas and such. By the time I had eaten four overwhelmed plates of food, I was in real trouble. There was so much pressure on my diaphragm that I was having trouble breathing. At the same time, the downward pressure was building. At first I thought it was only gas, which could have been passed in batches right at the table without too much concern.

Unfortunately, that was not to be. After a minute or so it was clear that I was dealing with explosive diarrhea. It's amazing how grease can make its way through your intestines far faster than the food which spawned the grease to begin with, but I digress... I got up from the table and made my way to the bathroom. Upon entering, I saw two sinks immediately inside the door, two urinals just to the right of the sinks, and two toilet stalls against the back wall. One of them was a handicapped bathroom. Now, normally I would have gone to the handicapped stall since I like to stretch out a bit when I take a good ****. But in this case, the door lock was broken and the only thing I hate worse than my wife telling me to stop cutting my toenails with a pair of diagonal wire-cutters is having someone walk in on me while I am taking a ****.

I went to the normal stall. In retrospect, I probably should have gone to the large, handicapped stall even though the door would not lock because that bit of time lost in making the stall switch proved to be a bit too long under the circumstances. By the time I had walked into the regular stall, the pressure on my *** was reaching Biblical portions. I began "The Move."

For those women who may be reading this, let me take a moment to explain "The Move." Men know exactly what their bowels are up to at any given second. And when the time comes to empty the cache, a sequence of physiological events occur that can not be stopped under any circumstances. There is a move men make that involves simultaneously approaching the toilet, beginning the body turn to position ones *** toward said toilet, hooking ones fingers into ones waistline, and pulling down the pants while beginning the squat at the same time. It is a very fluid motion that, when performed properly, results in the flawless expulsion of **** at the exact same second that one’s *** is properly placed on the toilet seat. Done properly, it even assures that the choad is properly inserted into the front rim of the toilet in the event that the **** stream lets loose at the same time; it is truly a picture of coordination rivaling that of a skilled ballet dancer.

I was about halfway into "The Move" when I looked down at the floor and saw a pile of vomit that had been previously expelled by one of those little *******s attending kids night. It was mounded up in the corner so I did not notice it when I had first walked into the stall. Normally, I would not have been bothered by such a thing, but I had eaten so much and the pressure upward was so intense, that I hit a rarely experienced gag reflex. And once that reflex started, combined with the intense pressure upward caused by the bloated stomach, four plates of macaroni and beef started coming up for a rematch.

What happened next was so quick that the exact sequence of events is a bit fuzzy, but I will try to reconstruct them as best I can. In that moment of impending projectile vomiting, my attention was diverted from the goings-on at the other end. To put a freeze frame on the situation, I was half crouched down to the toilet, pants pulled down to my knees, with a load of vomit coming up my esophagus.

Now, most of you know that vomiting takes precedence over **** no matter what is about to come slamming out of your ***. It is apparently an evolutionary thing since ****ting will not kill you, but vomiting takes a presence of mind to accomplish so that you do not aspirate any food into the bronchial tubes and perhaps choke to death. My attention was thus diverted. At that very split second, my *** exploded in what can only be described as a wake...you know, as in a newspaper headline along the lines of "30,000 Killed In Wake of Typhoon Fifi" or something similar. In what seemed to be most suitably measured in cubic feet, an enormous plug of **** the consistency of thick mud with embedded pockets of greasy liquid came flying out of my ***.

But remember, I was only halfway down on the toilet at that moment. The **** wave was of such force, and of just such an angle in relation to the back curve of the toilet seat, that it ricocheted off the back of the seat and slammed into the wall - at an angle of incidence equal to the angle at which it initially hit the toilet seat. Then I sat down. Recall that when that event occurred, I was already halfway to sitting anyway and had actually reached the point of no return. I have always considered myself as relatively stable gravitationally, but when you get beyond a certain point, you're going down no matter how limber you may be. Needless to say, the **** wave, though of considerable force, was not so sufficient so as to completely glance off the toilet seat and deposit itself on the walls - unlike what you would see when hitting a puddle with a high-pressure water hose; even though you throw water at the puddle, the puddle gets moved and no water is left to re-form a puddle. There was a significant amount of **** remaining on about one-third of the seat rim which I had now just collapsed upon.

Now, back to the vomit...

While all the ****ting was going on, the vomit was still on its way up. By the time I had actually collapsed on the toilet, my mouth had filled up with a goodly portion of the macaroni and beef I had just consumed. OK, so what does the human body instinctively do when vomiting? One bends over. So I bent over. I was still sitting on the toilet, though. Therefore, bending over resulted in me placing my head above my now slightly-opened legs, positioned in between my knees and waist. Also directly above my pants which were now pulled down to a point just midway between my knees and my ankles. Oh, did I mention that I was wearing not just pants, but sweatpants with elastic on the ankles. In one mighty push, some three pounds of macaroni and beef, two or three Cokes, and a couple of Big, Fat Yeast Rolls were deposited in my pants...on the inside...with no ready exit at the bottom down by my feet. In the next several seconds, there were a handful of farts, a couple of turds, and the event ended. Yet I was now sitting there with my pants full of vomit, my back covered in **** that had bounced off the toilet, spattered on three ceramic-tiled walls to a height of about five feet, and still had enough force to come back at me, covering the back of my shirt with droplets of liquid ****. All while thick **** was spread all over my *** in a ring curiously in the shape of a toilet seat.

And there was no ****ing toilet paper. What could I do but laugh. I must have sounded like a complete maniac to the guy who then wandered into the bathroom. He actually asked if I was OK since I was laughing so hard I must have sounded like I was crying hysterically. I calmed down just enough to ask him if he would get the manager. And told him to have the manager bring some toilet paper. When the manager walked in, he brought the toilet paper with him, but in no way was prepared for what happened next. I simply told him that there was no way I was going to explain what was happening in the stall, but that I needed several wet towels and I needed him to go ask my wife to come help me. I told him where we were sitting and he left. At that point, I think he was probably assuming that I had pissed just a bit in my pants or something similarly benign.

About two minutes later, my wife came into the bathroom not knowing what was wrong and with a certain amount of worry in her voice. I explained to her (still laughing and having trouble getting out words) that I had a slight accident and needed her help. Knowing that I had experienced some close calls in the past, she probably assumed that I had laid down a small turd or something and just needed to bring the car around so we could bolt immediately. Until I asked her, I'm sure she had no idea that she was about to go across the street and purchase me new underwear, new socks, new pants, a new shirt, and (by that time due to considerable leakage around the elastic ankles thingies) new sneakers. And she then started to laugh herself since I was still laughing. She began to ask for an explanation as to what had happened when I promised her that I would tell her later, but that I just needed to handle damage control for the time being. She left.

The manager then came back in with a half-dozen wet towels and a few dry ones. I asked him to also bring a mop and bucket upon which he assured me that they would clean up anything that needed to be cleaned. Without giving him specific details, I explained that what was going on in that stall that night was far in excess of what I would expect anyone to deal with, what with most of the folks working at Ryan's making minimum wage of just slightly above. At that moment, I think it dawned on him exactly the gravity of the situation. Then that manager went so far above the call of duty that I will be eternally grateful for his actions. He hooked up a hose. Fortunately, commercial bathrooms are constructed with tile walls and tile floors and have a drain in the middle of the room in order to make clean up easy. Fortunately, I was in a commercial bathroom. He hooked up the hose to the spigot located under the sink as I began cleaning myself up with the wet towels.

Just as I was finishing, my wife got back with the new clothes and passed them into the stall, whereupon I stuffed the previously worn clothing into the plastic bag that came from the store, handing the bag to my wife. I finished cleaning myself off and carefully put on my new clothes, still stuck in the stall since I figured that it would be in bad taste to go out of the stall to get redressed, in the event I happened to be standing there naked and some little ******* kid walked in. At that point, I had only made a mess; I had not yet committed a felony and intended to keep it that way.

When I finished getting dressed, I picked up the hose and cleaned up the entire stall, washing down the remains toward the drain in the center of the room. I put down the hose and walked out of the bathroom. I had intended to go to the manager and thank him for all he had done, but when I walked out, three of the management staff were there to greet me with a standing ovation. I started laughing so hard that I thought I was going to throw up again, but managed to scurry out to the car where my wife was now waiting to pick me up by the front door.

The upshot of all this is that I strongly recommend eating dinner at Ryan's Steak House. They have, by far, the nicest management staff of any restaurant in which I have eaten.

btowncolt
02-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Wow.

Slick Pinkham
02-16-2006, 11:34 AM
sorry to spoil anyones' lunch.

I read this story online awhile back and couldn't stop laughing.

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
I killed this thread.

Sorry guys.

I'm hungry for some macaroni beef...

btowncolt
02-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Meh, Shade and I were really keeping it up, but he's right: You can only post eating the same thing so many times before you just stop posting it anymore.

btowncolt
02-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I ran my first timed mile in a couple years this weekend.

I ran about 3 miles to "warm up", then hopped on the treadmill. Got one out in 6:30. Not where I want to be out ideally, but a hell of a lot better than I thought I could since I really only got back to running around Xmas. I hope to have that down in the 5 range by summer (though it's unlikely I'll ever get it back into the 5:10 range I had back in the day when I used to be in real shape for various sports).

Pig Nash
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM
awesome, btown, i could probably pop one out that fast, but I'd be done after that.

I had a french bread pizza for dinner tonight. All I eat is pizza, it feels like.

SoupIsGood
02-27-2006, 10:23 PM
turkey + bread
water
milk
water
protein shake
water
a little bit of spahgetti sauce, mmmmm
water

btowncolt
02-27-2006, 10:29 PM
turkey + bread
water
milk
water
protein shake
water
a little bit of spahgetti sauce, mmmmm
water

Eat more.

SoupIsGood
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Eat more.

The turkey sandwich and shake were actually quite large :eyebrow:

btowncolt
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
The turkey sandwich and shake were actually quite large :eyebrow:

Fine!

Eat more frequently.

8.9_seconds
02-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Breakfast- ice Water, 5 crackers, 2 peanut butter girl scout cookies.

Lunch- Ham, lettuce and cheese sub and pinapple

Supper-Hamburger and couple glasses of ice water

Raskolnikov
04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Today I had a "vegetarian broccoli triangle".

Thought that was worth mentioning.

Gyron
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Small glass of orange Juice and a banana for breakfast.

A double cheeseburger, french fries and a medium sweet tea from Hardees for lunch.

Want to talk about un healthy........ack!

And Im going out to dinner tonight....Quaker Steak and Lube....Can't wait for the hot wings.....maybe tomorrow I'll go back to semi healthy?

8.9_seconds
06-29-2006, 02:31 AM
I just wanted to ask a Couple questions:

A) Am I the only person that thinks whole wheat bread is nasty?
B) Is it really better for you than other kinds of bread?
C) What exactly is the process cottage cheese goes through to make it like it is?
D) Why is cottage cheese so nasty?

Natston
10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Snack: Dry white toast
Dinner: Four fried chickens and a Coke

btowncolt
10-31-2006, 07:19 PM
3 babies.

Shade
10-31-2006, 07:23 PM
4 babies.

It's Halloween. :shrug:

artificiallydrunk
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
I knew I should have dressed like a baby today.

:(

AesopRockOn
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Curry Udon. (I really doubt anybody knows what that is)

Gyron
11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Well started the day with 2 sausage biscuits from McD's.

Good thing I start LA wieght loss Next week.

My yearly weight gain at christmas would put me at the highest weght ever for me. And I don't want that... No Christmas weight gain this year....

Unclebuck
11-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I had too much halloween candy

SycamoreKen
11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
egg and cheese quesadia - 3 egg whites & half an egg yolk scrambled with a dash of steak seasoning. 2 lowfat whole wheat tortias, 1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheese.

1 cup of coffee with egg nog creamer.

OneHappyFan
11-01-2006, 11:54 AM
egg and cheese quesadia - 3 egg whites & half an egg yolk scrambled with a dash of steak seasoning. 2 lowfat whole wheat tortias, 1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheese.

1 cup of coffee with egg nog creamer.

I had some egg nog creamer with mine this morning for the first time, and I thought it was kinda strong spiced, but it was pretty good.

I also had this scrambled egg mixture baked into a kinda sweet roll. it was great!!! I think it came from Chokolad (think thats how it's spelled)

bellisimo
11-08-2006, 05:54 AM
2 baklava
and 1 tomato for breakfast...
weird combo i know....