PDA

View Full Version : Its Finally Over (I'm sure) "100.0% Chance Naptown Seth never sets foot on PD again."

WarriorsGuy81
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I was listening to the KNBR Morning Show (out of the bay area) like I do most mornings, hoping to hear info on the rumored Artest deal. The main host (Brian Murphy) said he talked to Warriors management just before the show started regarding the rumors, and his words (off of memory) were something along the lines of "99.9% chance the deal gets done this afternoon". Ok thats big news #1. Big news #2 - appearantly the Murphy and Foster talk was just a smokescreen and the "real deal" all along has been Ron Artest, Fred Jones, and David Harrison to the Warriors for Mike Dunleavy, Mickael Pietrus, and Andris Biedrins.
I love this deal on so many levels. We get to keep Murph, we get rid of MDJ's contract, we get an exciting young backup in Jones, and ofcourse we get Artest!!! (sorry im excited) I also like this deal for you guys because all 3 of the guys you get are good players. Andris is a few years away, but he could be real good.
I'm gonna keep listening, Ill report back any new news I hear.
Here's the link if anyone wants to listen in as well: http://www.knbr.com/morningshow/index.html theres the link to the show, there's a "Listen Live" link there.

Baron/Fisher
JRich/Jones
Artest/Cal
Murph/Zarko
Ike/Foyle

I can live with that

Frank Slade
01-06-2006, 12:14 PM
hmm I have mixed feelings about that one

Mourning
01-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I would have to think about this before I say I do or don't like it.

blanket
01-06-2006, 12:16 PM
If it comes with the high first round draft pick (from 76ers?), I'd take it.

RWB
01-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Sorry, not buying it. The only news the Warriors may announce is the firing of their coach.

Raskolnikov
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm not overly excited either. 'Specially now Fred is playing so well (we'll miss him) and David was getting a chance.

If this deal is the one of course.

rela
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
bah i can`t believe donnie will give up freddy and harrison in such a deal
it stinks in exchange with the murphy/pietrus deal.
mdj contract is horrible i cant see us taking on this contract without getting something good in return.
if its mdj , pietrus,diogu for freddie,harrison and artest okay
if its mdj, pietrus and biedries for something like cro and artest maybe okay
but this proposed deal just sucks

317Kim
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
:noooo: FRED!!!!! :cry:

HULK TOO!? :(

Diamond Dave
01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Not happening, for all of DW's shortcomings that many of us are quick to point out, he is still not mentally challenged.

That is a horrible, horrible trade for us. Sounds like your commentator was just saying things his audience wanted to hear considering the game last night.

NaptownBound
01-06-2006, 12:23 PM
like Whitney Houston would say "Hell to the NAW"

no way we should give up Fred when he's been ballin'... or Harrison when he's now actually getting a chance.

pb777
01-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Ron Artest, Fred Jones, and David Harrison to the Warriors for Mike Dunleavy, Mickael Pietrus, and Andris Biedrins.

:peek: i cant see this happening...

if its mdj , pietrus,diogu for freddie,harrison and artest okay
I can live with this, but really i'd like to keep fj. Diogu for DH makes sense for us though...

Harmonica
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Sorry, after watching the game last night, I don't want anyone from the Warriors whose first name doesn't begin with an "I" and end with an "E". This deal makes me nauseous.

RWB
:peek: i cant see this happening...

I can live with this, but really i'd like to keep fj. Diogu for DH makes sense for us though...

PB, glad to see you back in the fold.

rela
well i thought it up a bit maybe he is just missing out diogu then maybe we can talk^^

Mourning
01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Please, someone go over to Soup's house!!! I just know he's packing his dads shotgun!!! :shudder: Get there before he gets to Donnie's and Larry's office at Conseco!!! :uhoh:

:-p

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Lbuckingham
01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I was listening to the KNBR Morning Show (out of the bay area) like I do most mornings, hoping to hear info on the rumored Artest deal. The main host (Brian Murphy) said he talked to Warriors management just before the show started regarding the rumors, and his words (off of memory) were something along the lines of "99.9% chance the deal gets done this afternoon". Ok thats big news #1. Big news #2 - appearantly the Murphy and Foster talk was just a smokescreen and the "real deal" all along has been Ron Artest, Fred Jones, and David Harrison to the Warriors for Mike Dunleavy, Mickael Pietrus, and Andris Biedrins.
I love this deal on so many levels. We get to keep Murph, we get rid of MDJ's contract, we get an exciting young backup in Jones, and ofcourse we get Artest!!! (sorry im excited) I also like this deal for you guys because all 3 of the guys you get are good players. Andris is a few years away, but he could be real good.
I'm gonna keep listening, Ill report back any new news I hear.
Here's the link if anyone wants to listen in as well: http://www.knbr.com/morningshow/index.html theres the link to the show, there's a "Listen Live" link there.

Baron/Fisher
JRich/Jones
Artest/Cal
Murph/Zarko
Ike/Foyle

I can live with that

Terrible deal....we are not giving up Artest and our somewhat proven young talent (F. Jones) to get a bad contract (MDJ) and some young unproven talent (Beidrens), and a young guy who is hurt (Pietrus)

317Kim
01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Please, someone go over to Soup's house!!! I just know he's packing his dads shotgun!!! :shudder: Get there before he gets to Donnie's and Larry's office at Conseco!!! :uhoh:

Regards,

:laugh: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE!!

I think it's a bad, BAD idea to give up Fred. He's doin well out of that early season slump and everything! FRED STAYS.

Harmonica
01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
As I said in another thread, please stop with all this "deal is almost done" nonsense.

Shade
01-06-2006, 12:30 PM
That's horribly lopsided in GS's favor.

:thumbsdow

Suaveness
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Ugh...that is horrendous. As much as I don't like Harrison's attitude or foul trouble, he is going to be good. Not to mention, get rid of our bench energizer in Freddy? I think not.

Shade
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Regards,

The REAL question in all of this is: Who will be joining Tim's and UB's bandwagon? :uhoh:

Raskolnikov
01-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I think it's a bad, BAD idea to give up Fred. He's doin well out of that early season slump and everything! FRED STAYS.
It wouldn't make sense. If you only look at the SG position you get Fred for Pietrus. Now Fred is just starting to play on a consistent high level, developing his potential, while Pietrus, though very talented it seems, would be a new fit-in in this team, and as far I know he also hasn't played very consistently yet.

Frank Slade
01-06-2006, 12:35 PM
{Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in}

http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/bracket_artest.jpg

blanket
01-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I asked the folks over at the WarriorsWorld board, and no one has been able to confirm this report, including those who said they listened to that radio show this morning, too. :bs:

Slick Pinkham
nothing to say but

:puke:

Hicks
He's just reporting what he heard on the radio, chill out.

This trade makes some sense.

We get two young players with potential, one guard, one big man, and Dunleavy, who Bird and Walsh have always liked.

If you're getting Pietrus, it makes some sense to move Fred to give Mick those minutes.

hoopsforlife
01-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't think this would be that bad of a deal at all. But thats just me and my uneducated guess. I am in favor of moving DH out. I like Fred but he would be closer to home and Of course Ron would get to play.

Dunleavy could be a very good player on the Pacers. Mickael Pietrus, and Andris Biedrins who will be an all star player. This is OK by me.

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
He's just reporting what he heard on the radio, chill out.

This trade makes some sense.

We get two young players with potential, one guard, one big man, and Dunleavy, who Bird and Walsh have always liked.

If you're getting Pietrus, it makes some sense to move Fred to give Mick those minutes.

They also liked Cro and Ron

brichard
01-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't know enough about any of these guys to have an opinion. Okay you have:

Ron Artest Andris Biedrins
Fred Jones Michael Pietrus
David Harrison Mike Dunleavy

I know a little bit about Dunleavy from college and brief action in the pros. Everybody here was salivating for Pietrus a few days ago, so I'm not sure why those emotions have cooled.

We know we are losing Artest. Fred Jones just doesn't seem to be the loss to me that others are feeling. I mean really, what are we giving up statiscially. I don't know that I like any other person on the team better as a person, and sometimes he plays out of this world. But as far as year end and out contributions to the team, it would appear unlikely that it would be that much different from Dunleavy (albeit at a cheaper price.)

Harrison is the guy everybody loves that hardly ever plays. I don't want to give him up either unless we can get a good big in return or a young big with potential in return.

I guess I don't see how this trade is all that different from the others.

Is is the inclusion of DH that makes everybody :puke:?

Shade
01-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Not happening, for all of DW's shortcomings that many of us are quick to point out, he is still not mentally challenged.

That is a horrible, horrible trade for us. Sounds like your commentator was just saying things his audience wanted to hear considering the game last night.

I can see including Hulk if it nets us Diogu, but not for Biedrins.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-06-2006, 12:42 PM
oh god....someone shoot me. I hate that deal!

Shade
01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Everybody here was salivating for Pietrus a few days ago, so I'm not sure why those emotions have cooled.

He's missed 21 games already with a right knee injury.

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 12:44 PM
He's missed 21 games already with a right knee injury.

Oh goody, guess who will give him his physical...OUR MEDICAL STAFF.

317Kim
01-06-2006, 12:46 PM
It wouldn't make sense. If you only look at the SG position you get Fred for Pietrus. Now Fred is just starting to play on a consistent high level, developing his potential, while Pietrus, though very talented it seems, would be a new fit-in in this team, and as far I know he also hasn't played very consistently yet.

Fred is finally breaking out of that slump and is playin so well off the bench and production has increased the last few weeks and his efficiency rating too.another plus about keeping Fred, he doesn't get many injuries..he gets sick and breaks a finger once in a while but he's one of those guys to depend on if you need someone to step up.

Pietrus would be GREAT but I just can see Fred goin. :shrug:

waxman
01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't know about two guys that play DG's position. Danny needs as many minutes as he can handle right now.... you can literally see him developing from game to game.... nothing should be allowed to stunt that growth.

Hicks
01-06-2006, 12:54 PM
They also liked Cro and Ron

I'm explaining why I think this makes sense, not why it's the best trade ever.

Slick Pinkham
01-06-2006, 12:54 PM

For me it is the inclusion of a terrible contract in MD jr and giving up our most athletic guard Freddie. Backcourt speed and defense is already a weakness and this makes it worse.

I don't mind giving up DH, I like Pietrus a little, and Beidrins may be good, and the draft pick makes it interesting,

but Dunleavy makes Austin look like a bargain and is Charmin soft. That makes me :puke:

RSmits
01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I have been following DW's moves since he became GM. If you think that he is giving up Jones, Harrison and Artest for (in essence) Dunleavy and Pietrus, you are on crack.

I will run down the middle of Meridian street naked with a dunce hat on if this deal happens.

Roy Munson
01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
If Freddy is traded it may be only a short-term rental, as he is a FA at the end of the season and might end up somewhere else anyway.

That fact might also play into Pacers' decision to include him. Sure they can match another team's offer, but will they be able (or willing) to afford it?

Diamond Dave
01-06-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know enough about any of these guys to have an opinion. Okay you have:

Ron Artest Andris Biedrins
Fred Jones Michael Pietrus
David Harrison Mike Dunleavy

I know a little bit about Dunleavy from college and brief action in the pros. Everybody here was salivating for Pietrus a few days ago, so I'm not sure why those emotions have cooled.

We know we are losing Artest. Fred Jones just doesn't seem to be the loss to me that others are feeling. I mean really, what are we giving up statiscially. I don't know that I like any other person on the team better as a person, and sometimes he plays out of this world. But as far as year end and out contributions to the team, it would appear unlikely that it would be that much different from Dunleavy (albeit at a cheaper price.)

Harrison is the guy everybody loves that hardly ever plays. I don't want to give him up either unless we can get a good big in return or a young big with potential in return.

I guess I don't see how this trade is all that different from the others.

Yes, and Fred Jones as well.

I'd be willing to do Foster/Cro/Artest for those guys but exchanging Biendris for Murphy.

BigMac
01-06-2006, 01:00 PM
My two cents:

1. The trade works with realgm

2. The trade is a good one for us. We get another basketball player in Dunleavy, a defensive stopper in Pietrus, and a project in Biedrins. We lost Harrison-who never plays, Freddie-who everyone is always saying is getting out of his slump-and that means he's always in one-and Artest-who will never wear a Pacers uni again.

3. With JO, Dunleavy, Sarunas, Foster, Croshere, Tinsley (when healthy), Pietrus, and SJax, and Granger (edit: thanks Mourning-I cannot believe I forgot him) I think we could beat anyone in the NBA on any given night and win a series against anyone. We lose a distraction, lose a moody guy who, in most that I have read, is unmotivated in Harrison, and Freddie who is always seemingly coming out of a shooting slump but is a GREAT dunker-that doesn't win championships unless your initials are MJ and not FJ.

4. Bird is molding this team to be like his Celtics teams that were great. At least he'll have some defensive players, some hustlers, some scoring, some rebounding, and strangely, I think we will have the most white players on the roster of any NBA team (Foster, Croshere, Jasikevisious, Biedrins, Dunleavy, Pollard). Don't know if that is good or bad.

But all around if this trade comes true, I'm ecstatic that the Pacers fans hate it because that means it's a good trade and will make us a better team.

Hicks
01-06-2006, 01:04 PM
We'd probably be better off with Biedrins in a year or two than we would be with Murphy now.

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 01:04 PM
My two cents:

2. The trade is a good one for us. We get another basketball player in Dunleavy, a defensive stopper in Pietrus, and a project in Biedrins. We lost Harrison-who never plays, Freddie-who everyone is always saying is getting out of his slump-and that means he's always in one-and Artest-who will never wear a Pacers uni again.

3. With JO, Dunleavy, Sarunas, Foster, Croshere, Tinsley (when healthy), Pietrus, and SJax, I think we could beat anyone in the NBA on any given night and win a series against anyone. We lose a distraction, lose a moody guy who, in most that I have read, is unmotivated in Harrison, and Freddie who is always seemingly coming out of a shooting slump but is a GREAT dunker-that doesn't win championships unless your initials are MJ and not FJ.

4. Bird is molding this team to be like his Celtics teams that were great. At least he'll have some defensive players, some hustlers, some scoring, some rebounding, and strangely, I think we will have the most white players on the roster of any NBA team (Foster, Croshere, Jasikevisious, Biedrins, Dunleavy, Pollard). Don't know if that is good or bad.

But all around if this trade comes true, I'm ecstatic that the Pacers fans hate it because that means it's a good trade and will make us a better team.

Wasn't it Bird talking about there not being very many white people in the NBA?

Great post IMO. I think that you made a lot of great points myself.

dagrubbs
01-06-2006, 01:09 PM
lets face it at the end of the year fred is gone b/c of free agency and harrison is not one of carlisle's fav's....i still would like to see diogu or a 1st rounder thrown in this deal somewhere, and i think that will happen i just can't see DW doing this deal as it stands right now

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
lets face it at the end of the year fred is gone b/c of free agency and harrison is not one of carlisle's fav's....i still would like to see diogu or a 1st rounder thrown in this deal somewhere, and i think that will happen i just can't see DW doing this deal as it stands right now

Has it even crossed anyone's mind that eh may not have a choice?

reginald_denny
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
biedrins will be a baller. I like him more than fred or harrison.

Mourning
01-06-2006, 01:14 PM
My two cents:

3. With JO, Dunleavy, Sarunas, Foster, Croshere, Tinsley (when healthy), Pietrus, and SJax, I think we could beat anyone in the NBA on any given night and win a series against anyone. We lose a distraction, lose a moody guy who, in most that I have read, is unmotivated in Harrison, and Freddie who is always seemingly coming out of a shooting slump but is a GREAT dunker-that doesn't win championships unless your initials are MJ and not FJ.

Nice post! I'm still not convinced either pro- or con which probably means it's a reasonably balanced trade.

I would include Danny in your list of players at #3 though ;). I understand peoples unwillingness to include Freddie, but I don't think we are going to move Stephen this year, which makes it pretty likely that we aren't about to re-sign Freddie anyway.

And I like both Freddie and Mickael, but I would be uneasy having those two as our only real SGs now. I think Pietrus will grow the coming years, but he's not there yet and Freddie is nice, but if we move Stephen and keep Freddie ... then I just don't like us facing those bigger opposing guards at the two when say Pietrus is sitting to rest.

Regards,

Frank Slade
01-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok emotion aside since I know Freddy and Harrison are fan favorites

Consider this if the Pacers arleady know that they are not going to re-sign Freddy and that Harrison is possibly just not living up to where they thought he would be, along with Artest who is out of here...

Does that change your perspective on how high the Pacers Organization value these three players ?

Not to say this is a great or even a good deal .. but does that at least make it sound closer to a realistic.deal.?

I will say Biedrins and Pietrus are projects but higly coveted projects
And could possibly have more upside I am convinced than Jones and Harrison...

Roy Munson
01-06-2006, 01:21 PM
My two cents:

Your points about Freddy are off-the-mark, IMO.

over the past 5 weeks Freddy has been an extremely efficient player. I would wager that his shoot pct has been the best on the team over that period. His assist-to-turnover ratio is good. His defense is solid.

Freddy can have one off-shooting night and people complain that he can't shoot and plays out of control. SJax, on the other hand, strings together four awful shooting performances, and people just note that he's "a great third-option" on offense.

But whatever happens will happen. I think he'll thrive in the bay area if this really happens. I don't think he has a personal problem with Artest. What I wonder is how Baron Davis and JRich will get along with Artest. Those fellas like to put up a lot of shots. I shudder at the thought of Artest standing out on the perimeter and have a three-point shooting contest with Davis and JRich.

Hicks
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
There's also the possibility that TPTB see Harrison as the headcase he may (or may not) be and see this as an opportunity to ship him out with one of the big head cases.

Shade
01-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Ok emotion aside since I know Freddy and Harrison are fan favorites

Consider this if the Pacers arleady know that they are not going to re-sign Freddy and that Harrison is possibly just not living up to where they thought he would be, along with Artest who is out of here...

Does that change your perspective on how high the Pacers Organization value these three players ?

Not to say this is a great or even a good deal .. but does that at least make it sound closer to a realistic.deal.?

Sure...but then you have to consider Dunleavy's contract and the very real possibility of Pietrus ending up being Bender #2 (injury-prone like a mofo).

I don't know enough about Beidrins to comment on him. However, put Diogu in Biedrins' place and I think long and hard about it.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 01:27 PM
LMAO is Mullin retarded?

317Kim
01-06-2006, 01:27 PM

over the past 5 weeks Freddy has been an extremely efficient player. I would wager that his shoot pct has been the best on the team over that period. His assist-to-turnover ratio is good. His defense is solid.

Freddy can have one off-shooting night and people complain that he can't shoot and plays out of control. SJax, on the other hand, strings together four awful shooting performances, and people just note that he's "a great third-option" on offense...........

:nod: I agree.

Kamiyohk
01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
please....i don't like it...

brichard
01-06-2006, 01:32 PM
For me it is the inclusion of a terrible contract in MD jr and giving up our most athletic guard Freddie. Backcourt speed and defense is already a weakness and this makes it worse.

I don't mind giving up DH, I like Pietrus a little, and Beidrins may be good, and the draft pick makes it interesting,

but Dunleavy makes Austin look like a bargain and is Charmin soft. That makes me :puke:

It's funny, I think I was posting the :puke: smiley when you posted your reply. I just wanted to let you know that I was replying to all.

I do appreciate your thoughts though. :cool: Yeah, it would be hard to believe Donnie would take Dunleavy's contract unless he got another bargain back in return.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 01:32 PM
please....i don't like it...

No one should and no one shouldn't like the Pietrus and Murphy deal either but somehow they were in love with it.

Warriors are trying to ripp Walsh in a deal... and Walsh better realize they are or else I will make sure Walsh's head is mine.

Unclebuck
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I'll believe it when I hear it from several sources.

But I could see this happening. Maybe the Pacers know they won't be able to re-sign Fred and I think they are done with Harrison. So what are they really giving up here.

The great unknown is Biedrins, last night was the first time i really watched him and I wasn't really impressed.

Frank Slade
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM

But I could see this happening. Maybe the Pacers know they won't be able to re-sign Fred and I think they are done with Harrison. So what are they really giving up here.

The great unknown is Biedrins, last night was the first time i really watched him and I wasn't really impressed.

Yes, I swear UB we agree so much it scares me...
I am afraid to attend a forum party in fear of meeting my lost twin :-o

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Can we make sure Walsh is Immediately heralded once this deal happens which I'm positive it's fake????

Frank Slade
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Also keep in mind all for whatever it's worth, Biedrins is only 19...

PacerFan31
01-06-2006, 01:43 PM

The thing about Fred is what I thought when I heard this. I think it's not as bad as it could be. We could be getting something 1000xs worse than we are if this deal happens.

Netweeny
01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
IF its true...

1) Fred didn't get an extension which leads me to believe that the P's don't plan on resigning him anyways.

2) Harrison has a well documented history of being a nutjob himself. Whether he is actually nutty like Artest or just goofy is debatable. Maybe the P's don't want to risk another Artest on their hands. Maybe they'll throw in Roger to sweeten the deal.

3) Artest is never playing for us and GS probably wants a known good soldier and expiring contract (fred) to go along with Artest to help balance the risk involved.

Personally, I don't think it's a horrible deal. But like most, I'll believe it when I see it.

beast23
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM

The great unknown is Biedrins, last night was the first time i really watched him and I wasn't really impressed.I don't believe the rumor is genuine. Well, at least it's timing anyway.

I don't think there is any way we would do this deal today, or even in the next couple of weeks. Maybe right before the trade deadline, but not now.

My rationale for that is I don't believe with the player mix involved that we would take on MDJ's contract without getting rid of Cro's (despite how good he has been playing). The player that the Warriors could add to the mix to make Walsh keep Cro and assume MDJ's contract at the same time would be Ike Diogu.

And I think including Diogu rather than Bieden would balance the trade. Right now, I believe it very heavily favores the Warriors.

So, until I see Diogu substituted for Bieden, I think the rumor is a bunch of BS. At least for the next couple of weeks... we are not close enough to the deadline to settle for such a trade.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Would the GS trade us Jason Richardson for Artest Jackson & Fred Jones?

Unclebuck
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Has anyone clicked on the link and listened to what the guy had to say

blanket
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Rumors won't go away
Warriors tired of talk about Artest
By Geoff Lepper, STAFF WRITER

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_3376961

OAKLAND — If the Warriors acquire disaffected Indiana forward Ron Artest, don't necessarily expect Troy Murphy or Mickael Pietrus to be part of the package shipped to the Pacers.
Murphy and Pietrus are the latest Golden State representatives caught up in the Internet hopper of potential Artest trade bait. But Chris Mullin, the Warriors' executive vice president of basketball operations, isn't believing everything he reads about the deals he's allegedly about to make.

"Everything that I've seen and heard is all speculation. There's nothing that is real," Mullin said Thursday. "The things I've seen are not close."

If those names are wrong, does that mean a different combination of Warriors is in play? Without engaging in more speculation, it's hard to say.

Mullin declined comment when asked if his team was still chasing Artest. And he knows that will do nothing to dampen the rampant rumors that the 2003-04 NBA Defensive Player of the Year is headed to the Bay Area.

"I think (the rumors) will be out there until he lands somewhere," Mullin said. "I understand where it comes from, but that doesn't mean there's something to it."

As the Artest soap opera has stretched on for the better part of a month, some Warriors have grown weary of the subject matter.

"I'm tired of it," Jason Richardson said. "We've been answering a million questions. I'm done answering questions about that."

Shade
01-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Would the GS trade us Jason Richardson for Artest Jackson & Fred Jones?

They'd be retarded not to. But I don't think salaries would match.

PacerFan31
01-06-2006, 01:57 PM
And I think including Diogu rather than Bieden would balance the trade. Right now, I believe it very heavily favores the Warriors.

So, until I see Diogu substituted for Bieden, I think the rumor is a bunch of BS. At least for the next couple of weeks... we are not close enough to the deadline to settle for such a trade.

Actually if the rumor include Diogu in any manner, then it is complete BS!

No chance in hell they are including Diogu.

317Kim
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
"Everything that I've seen and heard is all speculation. There's nothing that is real," Mullin said Thursday. "The things I've seen are not close."

[BREATHiNG EASILY NOW] Pheww... [exhale]

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
They'd be retarded not to. But I don't think salaries would match.

Whaaa? you mean GS would actually give us Jason if that trade was offered? would they Include Baron Davis if Tinsley was Involved?

Unclebuck
01-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I think the Warriors would trade JRich of BD before they trade Ike.

It makes it difficult to evaluate the Warriors big guys an small forwards because their guards don't pass the ball and their coach is horrible and appears lost.

Shade
01-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Whaaa? you mean GS would actually give us Jason if that trade was offered? would they Include Baron Davis if Tinsley was Involved?

Artest alone is better than JRich. They get two good SGs for free on top of it.

blanket
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Nothing really new here, but this is the latest from DiamondDave00 over at ClubLakers.com:

Sky ,

It appears your source was correct Mullin never did offer Troy Murphy , if he had the trade would have been completed last night. That said the Warriors are still very much in the mix for Artest tho.

Last night showing by Troy Murphy , made many here happy he was not offered.

Once again the Pacers won without O'Neal or Tinsley or a replacement for Artest , the longer they continue to do that the more patient Walsh will be to make a trade.

Personally I'd just like to see the Artest saga end, so many rumors are spread even normally realiable sources are not sure whats real and what isn't anymore.

Eindar
01-06-2006, 02:50 PM
I think this is a good trade if we get a 1st out of it, in addition to the players already named. You have to figure JO's got about 5 good years left. In that time Foster, Pollard and Croshere will be gone/irrelevant. We absolutely need to find a center we feel comfortable with, and I think Biedrins could be that guy. We'll also be losing Jones after this season, so replacing him with Pietrus is a coup. Really, it comes down to what you think of Dunleavy. If you think he could live up to his potential here in a more structured offense, then him and a probably high 1st isn't a bad deal for Artest, considering you're also upgrading Fred's and DH's spot.

It's certainly not a stunner, but I also don't feel like we're getting robbed, which is about all I hoped for when talking about getting nearly even value for Ron.

Diesel_81
01-06-2006, 02:59 PM
I think this is a good trade if we get a 1st out of it, in addition to the players already named. You have to figure JO's got about 5 good years left. In that time Foster, Pollard and Croshere will be gone/irrelevant. We absolutely need to find a center we feel comfortable with, and I think Biedrins could be that guy. We'll also be losing Jones after this season, so replacing him with Pietrus is a coup. Really, it comes down to what you think of Dunleavy. If you think he could live up to his potential here in a more structured offense, then him and a probably high 1st isn't a bad deal for Artest, considering you're also upgrading Fred's and DH's spot.

It's certainly not a stunner, but I also don't feel like we're getting robbed, which is about all I hoped for when talking about getting nearly even value for Ron.

I agree with you on that if Walsh thinks that Dunleavy can fit on this team and be productive then he'll probably do it.That is a question mark and it's alot of risk but again it's hard for us to be picky when you see some of the other trade rumors being floated around.We still get more talent in this deal then we do in others that is being mentioned.

Moses
01-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Ike and Pietrus for Artest and Harrison seems completely reasonable.

Mourning
01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I agree with you on that if Walsh thinks that Dunleavy can fit on this team and be productive then he'll probably do it.That is a question mark and it's alot of risk but again it's hard for us to be picky when you see some of the other trade rumors being floated around.We still get more talent in this deal then we do in others that is being mentioned.

IF we get a high pick aswell then to me it's a no-brainer, but I don't see that happenning. Maybe if we would give them 2 second rounders for their first rounder?

CableKC
01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Ike and Pietrus for Artest and Harrison seems completely reasonable.
Considering how much that we have been gushing over Diogu......I don't even think that is fair.

At this point...I would take Artest for Diogu+filler+Draft pick to make it work.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Question would you guys trade Granger for Diogu? I bet this is what Mullin wants if he's gonna give up Diogu.

Kstat
01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I can't see the warriors ever giving up Diogu. Ever.

They've spent the last 10 years trying to get a post player.....now they're going to trade him? No way.

BigMac
01-06-2006, 03:28 PM

Freddy can have one off-shooting night and people complain that he can't shoot and plays out of control. SJax, on the other hand, strings together four awful shooting performances, and people just note that he's "a great third-option" on offense.

But whatever happens will happen. I think he'll thrive in the bay area if this really happens. I don't think he has a personal problem with Artest. What I wonder is how Baron Davis and JRich will get along with Artest. Those fellas like to put up a lot of shots. I shudder at the thought of Artest standing out on the perimeter and have a three-point shooting contest with Davis and JRich.

You seem to make my point on Freddie a bit for me. "Over the past 5 weeks...." what happened to him before that and what happens after his "hot streak" is over? I like Freddie, don't get me wrong but I don't think that if he is included in a trade it means less wins for us.

As per how GS gets along with Artest, I could care less. I'm a Pacers fan but from a GS perspective I'd be worried. Very worried.

But I will say if this is true that the part of the trade I like the least is losing Freddie because I do like him and he is a good player and is fun to watch-a genuinely good guy.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 03:30 PM

They've spent the last 10 years trying to get a post player.....now they're going to trade him? No way.

I thought they once had Ericka Dampier? :laugh:

blanket
01-06-2006, 03:33 PM
From another supposed insider at ClubLakers named KingLakers:

Donnie Walsh wants Ike Diogu - If he's not offered Pacers will back-out this is what I got from my source.

Murphy stinking it up last night did not help at all from Golden State's standpoint.

To me it looks like Ike or no Artest.

and this from the poster Sky:

Diogu's untouchable. If Mullin offers Biedrins instead together with Pietrus and Cheaney for Artest, and a second trade X deal for Foster or Johnson, I think Walsh would take that.

Alternatively, I think a 3 or 4-way could be done that nets Indy Al Harrington and maybe a pick, provided one of those teams wants Nene.

Boston could be a third option, if Ainge parts with some young talent.

At this point those appear to be Walsh's best options. But since he wants Mullin's best offer he waits. And since Mullin wants to see what else he could get deadline he waits too. If so, this thing drags all the way to the deadline.

CableKC
01-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Question would you guys trade Granger for Diogu? I bet this is what Mullin wants if he's gonna give up Diogu.

Considering that we already are trading away Artest...no.

tadscout
01-06-2006, 03:39 PM
From another supposed insider at ClubLakers named KingLakers:

Donnie Walsh wants Ike Diogu - If he's not offered Pacers will back-out this is what I got from my source.

Murphy stinking it up last night did not help at all from Golden State's standpoint.

To me it looks like Ike or no Artest.

I think this is what DW is doing... kinda like what he did w/ the Lakers Odom or Bynum or nothing...

Hicks
01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I hope this (first post) rumor is real if for no other reason than I am sick of reading a half-dozen or more "insiders" contradict each other every day.

Unclebuck
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Yes the word "insider" has lost all meaning.

The Pacers have rarely if ever been in a situation like this before, and it is surreal

tadscout
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
I hope this (first post) rumor is real if for no other reason than I am sick of reading a half-dozen or more "insiders" contradict each other every day.

I just hope DW pulls the trigger on a great trade today and we won't have to hear from "insiders" anymore...

owl
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
As hinted by one of the "Insiders", maybe the players obtained are then
to be sent to Boston for Paul Pierce. Would you do this trade if it
netted Paul Pierce?

owl

SoupIsGood
01-06-2006, 04:17 PM
I've said I want Biendris and Pietrus, but I don't see Donnie trading away a talented young center for another talented young center who is at this point very raw. That and Fred Jones is playing great, I wouldn't want to lose him. GS is already getting the best player in the trade, they shouldn't need so much filler . We shouldn't even consider adding that much talented filler to an Artest trade unless we are getting a true star in return.

Unclebuck
01-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Well is today over yet. I guess not it is still only 3:00 on the west coast

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 06:03 PM
If the Pacers and Warriors don't trade today then the deal broked apart which I'm glad....

Kstat
01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
If the Pacers and Warriors don't trade today then the deal broked apart which I'm glad....

.......either that or the warriors fans continue to play with you....

Has it ever occured to you that this warriors kid that hasn't provided any links at all might just be somebody trying to have fun with PD by making up stuff?

Jermaniac
01-06-2006, 06:06 PM

They've spent the last 10 years trying to get a post player.....now they're going to trade him? No way.Thank you. Why cant people see this? They started the guy 20 games into his damn rookie season. I think we would be able to get Baron or JRich before we get Ike.

Jermaniac
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM
If the Pacers and Warriors don't trade today then the deal broked apart which I'm glad....Why is it "broked" apart? Are all those other rumored teams deals "broked" apart too?

PacerFan31
01-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Well is today over yet. I guess not it is still only 3:00 on the west coast

Yea, I'd say if a trade isn't announced before the ESPN basketball night is over, it won't happen.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 06:09 PM
If Ike is not coming then Artest will not be a Warrior... so why can't people see this specialy the Warrior fans if Walsh even liked what Warriors offered the deal would've been done by now...

Skaut_Ech
01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
All I can say is as usual, we always overvalue our guys as world beaters. I dont know if the trade is true or not, BUT it makes sense to me from the standpoint that it hurts both teams and helps both.

Trust me, the only people in love with Harrison are Pacer's fans. Believe it or not, GS fans feels the same way about Biedris. How many of you have seen him play...other than last night? I think Pietrus is going to be a very solid player. Dunleavy...admittedly is the x-factor. Is he going to pan out or what?

wait, wait, I know, Hulk is going to dominat in a year or two. Fred is going to make the all-star team, etc.

I'm sorry, but I'd have to think, from the viewoint of someone who doesn't think every Pacer should bring in a supa-star in return when it comes to trades, might see this trade as fairly reasonable.

I'm sorry. We're not going to get full value for Ron. I think we should all accept that. This trade gives us young players who haven't touched their potential. Fred has platued. Ther's some serious doubts in my mind about Hulk's game smarts.

I don't think this would be near as bad as you guys think.

Jermaniac
01-06-2006, 06:20 PM
If Ike is not coming then Artest will not be a Warrior... so why can't people see this specialy the Warrior fans if Walsh even liked what Warriors offered the deal would've been done by now...You dont know ****. Who are you to say that if Ike is not coming here that Ron wont be a Warrior? What if Donnie loves MP2 and Biedrins? Ohh are you one of the 40,000,000 insiders that post on Lakers House or whatever they call that site, cause if you are I totaly beleive in what you are saying.

Mourning
All I can say is as usual, we always overvalue our guys as world beaters. I dont know if the trade is true or not, BUT it makes sense to me from the standpoint that it hurts both teams and helps both.

Trust me, the only people in love with Harrison are Pacer's fans. Believe it or not, GS fans feels the same way about Biedris. How many of you have seen him play...other than last night? I think Pietrus is going to be a very solid player. Dunleavy...admittedly is the x-factor. Is he going to pan out or what?

wait, wait, I know, Hulk is going to dominat in a year or two. Fred is going to make the all-star team, etc.

I'm sorry, but I'd have to think, from the viewoint of someone who doesn't think every Pacer should bring in a supa-star in return when it comes to trades, might see this trade as fairly reasonable.

I'm sorry. We're not going to get full value for Ron. I think we should all accept that. This trade gives us young players who haven't touched their potential. Fred has platued. Ther's some serious doubts in my mind about Hulk's game smarts.

I'm very close to you here. The only thing that I seriously would like from them above what the topicstarter mentioned is a firstrounder.

Something in between 11-20. I could live with that. Hell, I would be willing to give them atleast one secondrounder from us, maybe even the one we got in the Jame Jones S&T from Phoenix. Has to be a solid firstrounder though.

Regards,

Mourning
You dont know ****. Who are you to say that if Ike is not coming here that Ron wont be a Warrior? What if Donnie loves MP2 and Biedrins? Ohh are you one of the 40,000,000 insiders that post on Lakers House or whatever they call that site, cause if you are I totaly beleive in what you are saying.

:thumbsup:

Kstat
01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Gotta agree with Jermaniac here. I could see plenty of ARtest-to-GS scenarios that do not involve Diogu.

reginald_denny
01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I've been real patient, but god damn! haha!!! whens this crap gonna be over?!

SoupIsGood
01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Why? It sounds like you would be just as dis-enchanted with Pietrus or Biendrus as you are Fred Jones or Harrison.

I can see it now

" wait, wait, I know, Andris is going to dominat in a year or four. Pietrus is going to make the all-star team, etc."

You seem wary of overrating our players, so you almost become the anti-fan in how you look at them. Fact is, Harrison and Jones are pretty useful players at this point. Maybe they do or don't have all-wordly potential, but that's no reason to beat them over the head and send them outta town on the first lopsided deal you can find .

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 06:32 PM
You dont know ****. Who are you to say that if Ike is not coming here that Ron wont be a Warrior? What if Donnie loves MP2 and Biedrins? Ohh are you one of the 40,000,000 insiders that post on Lakers House or whatever they call that site, cause if you are I totaly beleive in what you are saying.

Walsh would want atleast 1 player to bring a Impact on the team... only Ike can bring that...

The Pacers will be retarded to take on Dun's contract or Troy's.

Jermaniac
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Walsh would want atleast 1 player to bring a Impact on the team... only Ike can bring that...

The Pacers will be retarded to take on Dun's contract or Troy's.
Pietrus makes more impact then any guard on our team not named Stephen Jackson.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Pietrus is not a Impact player he will in the long-run but not now....

Ike is a special rookie he can even start for teams he's a Impact player even in his rookie season...

Jermaniac
01-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Pietrus can start on teams too, and was a impact player in his rookie season too. When MP was playing the Warriors where first in the Pacific since has been hurt they fell down to 7, the guy is a baller. He would start at the 2 or 3 as soon as he got used to Rick's system

Mourning
01-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Pietrus can start on teams too, and was a impact player in his rookie season too. When MP was playing the Warriors where first in the Pacific since has been hurt they fell down to 7, the guy is a baller. He would start at the 2 or 3 as soon as he got used to Rick's system

:nod:

Or at worst he would get MAJOR minutes at our 6thman and become a starter well say next season. The kid is only 23 (almost 24), he'll become a lot better then he already is.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Ike + Pietrus. :D

Jermaniac
01-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Kobe + Bynum for Ron,Cro and Pollard

Is what my sources tell me. I post on a Lakers site now, so consider me your new PD insider.

Los Angeles
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Another prediction is proven wrong.

:unimpress

Kstat
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Another prediction is proven wrong.

:unimpress

I don't even think it was a prediction. He was just screwing with you guys.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM

If he was then he needs to get banned ASAP... this isn't a laughing situation anymore...

I hope the mods take care of this now..

tora tora
01-06-2006, 07:16 PM

Isn't Artest a post player? :whoknows:

Los Angeles
01-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Either way, I think my universal response to any thread with this sort of subject matter should be :unimpress

Mourning
01-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Either way, I think my universal response to any thread with this sort of subject matter should be :unimpress

Me too, but I seem to be lacking the control for that approach :crazy2:

Hicks
01-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I've PMed him asking him to explain himself, if he can't or doesn't he's out. I can't stand this crap.

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I've PMed him asking him to explain himself, if he can't or doesn't he's out. I can't stand this crap.

Good call Hicks... you made the right decision.

BigMac
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM

OK, what did I miss. I didn't see any posts that were out of line. Maybe your post is sarcasm but I don't see what was said wrong or out of line. I hope this isn't in reference to the sarcasm about a kobe bryant trade and that he's an insider or whatever because that was total sarcasm-at least how I read it. Can someone explain what I evidently just don't get or maybe just note the post number of this thread. Now if you're thinking about banning Kstat well then go ahead-I'm all for it.
:laugh:

Hicks
01-06-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm referring to the starter of this thread. So far NO ONE has heard what he has, at all. I even checked the most well-known Warriors board. Newbies that register to lie to the masses = not staying.

Mourning
01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
OK, what did I miss. I didn't see any posts that were out of line. Maybe your post is sarcasm but I don't see what was said wrong or out of line. I hope this isn't in reference to the sarcasm about a kobe bryant trade and that he's an insider or whatever because that was total sarcasm-at least how I read it. Can someone explain what I evidently just don't get or maybe just note the post number of this thread. Now if you're thinking about banning Kstat well then go ahead-I'm all for it.
:laugh:

No, it was in reference to the topicstarter. He's come in and atleast started 3 threads about a deal almost beying done.

In one Mullin told a NY radiostation about it and he happen to listen to that radiostation, bla, bla, bla, etc, etc (I admit I actually believed him the first time, hence my brandnew avatar since I have always liked Pietrus game, so sue me :-p).

Regards,

SoupIsGood
01-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Kobe + Bynum for Ron,Cro and Pollard

Is what my sources tell me. I post on a Lakers site now, so consider me your new PD insider.

lol

Jaydawg2270
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe if we dont talk about it the trade will happen faster

PacerFan31
01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
The guy isn't coming back, and if he does he'll make up so more bull****, if indeed he is lieing about this.

PacerFan31
01-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Artest update coming up on the ESPN2 halftime show, Donnie probably narrowed down the teams to 13 this time.

Jaydawg2270
01-06-2006, 09:02 PM
You mean he narrowed it down to 28

317Kim
01-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Earlier during Shootaround Stephen A was pretending to be DW and the other guys were GMs of the teams from SPIN THE WHEEL. if they were real GMs we would have gotten Melo for Ron.

SweetNSourPork
01-06-2006, 09:20 PM
SCreamin A. Smith said Warriors still in the lead!

Dunleavy is the next Reggie Miller.... :laugh:

Jaydawg2270
01-06-2006, 09:40 PM
SCreamin A. Smith said Warriors still in the lead!

Dunleavy is the next Reggie Miller.... :laugh:

Your taking that way out of context he said Dunleavy could SOMEWHAT fill the void of reggie miller

GetOdom
01-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Earlier during Shootaround Stephen A was pretending to be DW and the other guys were GMs of the teams from SPIN THE WHEEL. if they were real GMs we would have gotten Melo for Ron.

To bad Legler isn't the Denver GM :laugh:

t1hs0n
01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
You mean he narrowed it down to 28

You mean he narrowed it up to 3 leagues. (AFL, NFL, MLS)

stipo
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Oh yes!! I can hardly wait to hear even MORE names of supposed candidates for the other end of the deal! The suspense is killing me! I MUST hear from more INSIDERS!!!:evil:

Hicks
01-06-2006, 10:55 PM
WarriorsGuy81 = Naptown Seth. We've been had, folks.

Unclebuck
01-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Hicks, can we change the title of this thread

Kegboy
01-07-2006, 01:40 AM
To bad Legler isn't the Denver GM :laugh:

I about fell off the couch when he said that. First time I've watched ESPN's basketball coverage this season, and they quickly remind me how stupid they are.

McClintic Sphere
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
WarriorsGuy81 = Naptown Seth. We've been had, folks.

Why would Naptown Seth do that and how did you find out? IP sleuthing? The new title of this thread is hilarious.

Hicks
01-10-2006, 05:11 PM
IP's, and simple character study (which led to the IP check).