PDA

View Full Version : This is going to hurt

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Has anyone here had Kidney stones? I have had them before and was able to pass them without much complication. It seems that they are back but on the opposite side.

My question is, since this didn't happen last time, does it make you feel like you have to urinate constantly?

Kat
01-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Never had kidney stones, but WebMD is your friend:

http://www.webmd.com/hw/kidney_stones/hw204825.asp

And the short answer your question is yes.
Just to be safe, you should probably go to the doctor.

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Never had kidney stones, but WebMD is your friend:

http://www.webmd.com/hw/kidney_stones/hw204825.asp

And the short answer your question is yes.
Just to be safe, you should probably go to the doctor.

Yeah I have an appointment for Monday, that's the only time they could see me. It's just the pain I have to endure until then. My family Dr. doesn't work on Fridays (unreal) I would hate to go to the ER for just the pain, but I don't know.

Thanks for the link, I did forget about that.

McClintic Sphere
01-06-2006, 10:15 AM
My question is, since this didn't happen last time, does it make you feel like you have to urinate constantly?

First, ask yourself, have I been to Juarez, Mexico with a group a college buddies and don't really remember much.
If the answer to that is no, and you suspect kidney stones, get to a doctor asap. I had a neighbor show up at my doorstep one night at around midnight, doubled over in pain, barely audible, begging me to take him to the hospital with kidney stones. He spent to the entire trip in fetal position in my back seat wimpering. I think they can do a sonar type thing that breaks them up and makes them pass easier, but don't wait too long.

Kat
01-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I think they can do a sonar type thing that breaks them up and makes them pass easier, but don't wait too long.

Yeah, I think Monday sounds like an awful long time to wait through kidney stones.

Frank Slade
01-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes indeed.. I know a guy who had them ... tough as nails...just about passed out fromt the pain
They say that for a guy that pain is as close to child birth pain as you can experience....:(
( not trying to alarm you.. just warn you..)
I think they can now blast them with a laser ?

I would be checking myself in asap... good luck.

Shade
01-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I know a couple woman with kids who have said they'd much rather have another kid than kidney stones again.

And why do I know that? Creepy.

:lol:

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. My mother had them when I was really young and said they're very painful.

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Well guys, this is my second bout with them. Like I said, the first time the pain was unreal. If you can believe it this time is worse. They have moved from the Kidney so that pain (which is the worse pain) has passed. Right now I can feel it in (sorry guys) the "neck" if you will like it's waiting to come out. It won't of course.

Monday is the best I can do. The Dr. didn't seem to be too concerned since the BIG pain has passed for now. What I'm scared of is that it's going to go back and forth until it can be broke down into little pieces. So for now I just have to deal with more of a aggrivation opposed to the big pain unless it decides to go back up there.

It's that constant feeling that I have to urinate that I'm hating. That's why I wanted to see if anyone else has had these.

Los Angeles
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Go to the emergency room or to another doctor right now, at least then you can get doped up (at least) or take care of everything (at most)

Really, dude GO NOW - if this goes bad you could tear up your prostate and mess up your ability to "reproduce" later in life - if you catch my meaning. That happened to an uncle of mine.

TAKE NO UNNECESSARY RISKS AND GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Please!

Harddrive7
01-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Go to the emergency room or to another doctor right now, at least then you can get doped up (at least) or take care of everything (at most)

Really, dude GO NOW - if this goes bad you could tear up your prostate and mess up your ability to "reproduce" later in life - if you catch my meaning. That happened to an uncle of mine.

TAKE NO UNNECESSARY RISKS AND GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Please!

I'm fixed, but I know I need to go, once again they can't see me until Monday and my Dr. is out today. I'm dealing with the pain for now. May go hit the ER for some meds though.

Los Angeles
01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm fixed, but I know I need to go, once again they can't see me until Monday and my Dr. is out today. I'm dealing with the pain for now. May go hit the ER for some meds though.
I guess you didn't catch my meaning, so I'll be blunt.

In the case of my uncle, stones damaged his prostate and other tissues so badly that he was physically rendered impotent, not just sterile.

Please, go to the doctor.

hoopsforlife
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Has anyone here had Kidney stones? I have had them before and was able to pass them without much complication. It seems that they are back but on the opposite side.

Go to a Health food store and get some Gravel Root herb. It works the best. You can use Hydrangea herb but its slower. Try any combination of herbs formulated for the kidneys. Ask someone who knows at the store.

Try drinking some applecider vinegar a couple times a day. 1 oz or so at a time mixed in water. Drink olive oil or take flaxseed oil in capsules. It will help slide them out.

Stone root can help dissolve them but Gravelroot works the best. Overnight usually.

If your going to the Forum party I could bring some down if you want me to. Let me know.

Kaufman
01-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Olive oil? Flaxseed oil? Slide out? Come on now.

hoopsforlife
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Olive oil? Flaxseed oil? Slide out? Come on now.

Lemon juice, olive oil is a well known cleanse (among herbalists) for gall stones. You sleep on your right side over night. It slides them right out. Painless and saves surgery and money.

It works for kidney stones too, but not as quick. They have to dissolve to leave painlessly. That is where gravel root comes in. :)