PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Live in Evansville

Diamond Dave
01-05-2006, 02:21 AM
If so, and if you are free Friday night, you should come see my band (HYFA) play.

We'll be playing at the 1123 Club in Evansville. We'll be playing with 4 other bands and the show starts at 7pm.

The venue is located at 1123 First Ave, in Evansville. More info about the venue can be found here: http://www.1123club.com/

Also some samples of my band's music (some older stuff from our high school days, we don't play much of these songs anymore) can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/hyfa

We also do some covers of Weezer, Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eat World, and the Beach Boys.

We'd love for anyone who can to come out and see us. Just thought I'd put it out there as an off-shoot chance.

travmil
01-05-2006, 04:42 AM
We also do some covers of Weezer, Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eat World, and the Beach Boys.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!

Los Angeles
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Break a leg! :cool:

Mr. Pink
01-07-2006, 02:06 AM
If it was next Friday, I would have been able to attend. I go to USI and I'm not going back till sunday night. Hope your band did well!

Natston
01-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Break a leg! :cool:

If I didn't have to work I would've had made sure that he had broken that leg... :devil:

Bball
01-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Did you stay at any of the 'nice' motels on "old" 41? I think they call it
"Business 41".

-Bball

Diamond Dave
01-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Well I got back from Eville today. That was probably my favorite show ever. The crowd of about 60-70 people were fantastic. Singing, dancing, clapping, cheering, body surfing, it was all amazing. And at $5 dollars per person the place made some good cash. We'll definitely be goin back, in fact we were already invited (which isn't common for a out of town band from our distance). :)

My fiance' and I, as well as my lead singer/bassist stayed with some friends of ours who go to USI. My drummer actually goes to USI, and the other guitarist stayed with him.

God I wish they'd build an interstate to there. :mad:

Anyways it was a great show at a good venue. I'll let everyone know when we go back down there, so hopefully those who want to can get a chance to see us.

And for those who go to USI and U of E, make sure you tell everyone that they need to go see that "HYFA" band when they come back. :)

Diamond Dave
01-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Congrats on the good performance.

Thanks man.

Its a good sign when you forget to even mention your website, but people went ahead and looked it up as I just checked the site and we had new friends from the show last night.

Don't know who these people are, but its still cool to have fans. ;)

Diamond Dave
01-08-2006, 01:34 AM
That is very cool.

You need to go ahead and throw a plug of that site in here now :)

I am obviously to far away to go to any of these, but I really enjoy going out some Friday and Sat nights and catching stuff like this.

I just went ahead and put it in my sig.

Dr Huxtable
01-08-2006, 04:12 AM
I live in Newburgh, which is just outside of Evansville. I normally don't go to shows, but a couple of my friends go to 1123 just about every weekend. Glad to hear it turned out well! If you had posted this a week earlier, I might have been able to ask off work and go and see you play. Let me know next time you make it down here!

Diamond Dave
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I live in Newburgh, which is just outside of Evansville. I normally don't go to shows, but a couple of my friends go to 1123 just about every weekend. Glad to hear it turned out well! If you had posted this a week earlier, I might have been able to ask off work and go and see you play. Let me know next time you make it down here!

Will do. :)

I'm pretty sure that the music we play is not what normally comes through 1123, but we had many people coming up to us afterwards basically thanking us for playing something different than "screaming death metal." So I think there is probably an audience down there who wants to hear something new.

Bball
01-09-2006, 12:36 AM
thanking us for playing something different than "screaming death metal."

I believe the Cookie Monster missed his calling. He'd have made an excellent death metal vocalist.

And his fans wouldn't have cared if he lived in a garbage can.

-Bball

Diamond Dave
01-09-2006, 02:37 AM
I believe the Cookie Monster missed his calling. He'd have made an excellent death metal vocalist.

And his fans wouldn't have cared if he lived in a garbage can.

-Bball

Uh...The Grouch lived in a garbage can. The Cookie Monster just roamed about looking for :cookie:

Bball
01-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Uh...The Grouch lived in a garbage can. The Cookie Monster just roamed about looking for :cookie:

Whatever it takes him to get the gig... ;)
You have to admit the Cookie Monster has the vocal chops for a death metal band.

-Bball

beaversnducks311
01-09-2006, 03:40 AM
I went to 1123 Friday night. well done diamond dave, well done. i thought you mentioned a Fall Out Boy cover, but alas, none were played. Although i was disappointed at this, i still enjoyed your music.:)