PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors to hold news conference at 1:00 PM today

Unclebuck
04-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Wonder what this is about. Would they fire ONeill now, or maybe Glenn Grunwald?

I just heard part of a blurb on ESPN radio

Shade
04-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Bye Glen! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1773297)

Ragnar
04-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Good ridance to bad rubbish. He needed to go. Of course not as bad as Gabrielle in Orlando, or that Yahoo in New York (not Isiah the idiot he replaced)

Pig Nash
04-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Good ridance to bad rubbish. He needed to go. Of course not as bad as Gabrielle in Orlando, or that Yahoo in New York (not Isiah the idiot he replaced)

That yahoo would be Scot Laden. He was doing a great job for the Pacers.

MSA2CF
04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Maybe this will be the first step in a total Raptors revamping. I expect Vince Carter to be traded---- :idea: ---Maybe AI for VC? Hmmm.

Shade
04-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Maybe this will be the first step in a total Raptors revamping. I expect Vince Carter to be traded---- :idea: ---Maybe AI for VC? Hmmm.

That would be interesting. I'm not sure who would win in that trade.

Ragnar
04-01-2004, 02:55 PM
AI for Vince??? Man that would be like the Nique for Manning deal totaly stupid. Neither team would win in that scenario.

Roaming Gnome
04-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I know that Glen Grunwald and Kevin O'neil were bickering very heavily the last few weeks. Durring the Toronto/Memphis matchup earlier this week, the owner of the Raptors was interviewed on Raptor's TV and mentioned the situation was so bad that one of the two would not be kept. When the owner was asked who would be kept, he just replied that they would have to evaluate at the end of the season. I guess Glenn didn't get that long.

ChicagoJ
04-01-2004, 06:54 PM
I know that Glen Grunwald and Kevin O'neil were bickering very heavily the last few weeks. Durring the Toronto/Memphis matchup earlier this week, the owner of the Raptors was interviewed on Raptor's TV and mentioned the situation was so bad that one of the two would not be kept. When the owner was asked who would be kept, he just replied that they would have to evaluate at the end of the season. I guess Glenn didn't get that long.

I'm just glad they kept O'Neill. He did a great job with "our" team and I believe he's going to be the best of the new coaches in the league.