PDA

View Full Version : So what more can I say

able
12-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I started the season with hopes, (like the Pacers) I knew I was taking a risk building around Ron, but that decision had more to do with my place in the draft order then something else.

Now Boozer was to be out 3 - 4 weeks, OK, decent risk.

Dooling as a backup with Snow was not to bad, some talent in Wesley, the front with Finley, Maggey Bonner and Bynum looked promising and so we set off.

No Boozer in the first couple of games, no Dooling, no Snow, ok we can live with that, no Maggey and Qrich not productive yet (on and off injured) ok we'll make a run when Boozer comes back.

Boozer out at least another 4 weeks........ok
Qrich injured........ok
Qrich brother shot.........ok
Dooling & Snow out again.......ok
Artest not playing, demands trade.........ok

and now to top it of,

Damon Stoudemire out for the season........sigh

With Boozer, Artest, Dooling and Bynum out is still avgd 140 so the potential for 200+ avg was certainly there, however taking out Stoudemire will likely drop my avg below 100 if non of the others start playing soon, and even if they do, ............

So some tips for the rest of you:

I will check in on my team, often.
I will drop Damon and in due course find a replacement of sorts.

I am not open to wholesale trades to make others better, these players remain where they are unless I feel I get the better part of a trade coming in, so please don't even make silly offers.

There is always next year: Vengeance is mine.

Shade
12-31-2005, 06:12 PM
I actually met someone with worse luck than myself. :eek:

Sorry. :shrug: :(

Hicks
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I am not open to wholesale trades to make others better, these players remain where they are unless I feel I get the better part of a trade coming in, so please don't even make silly offers.

In other words, don't offer a trade unless we're coming up on the short end of the stick? :-p

DisplacedKnick
01-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I've been hit by the injury bug before (and this season too) but nothing like you have Able. Kind of sucks but it is part of the game.

I will say I've never seen as many players projected to be out for 2-3 weeks end up missing 6 or more. Alston, Pietrus, Barbosa, Boozer (I have him in the KL). Last year I missed the playoffs by 1 game and I blame Pacers management - I had Tinsley and for two months he was almost always listed as day-to-day - and never played. If I'd gotten rid of him and filled minutes, pretty sure I'd have gotten in.