PDA

View Full Version : For all the talk of getting Dampier this summer...

kerosene
04-01-2004, 01:24 AM
Damp is hurt again. Dislocated ankle is the word right now, maybe worse.

Any word on Erick Dampier?
We feel for Damp, hes had such a great year. Right now its premature but they think hes done for the year. Hes had a fantastic season and we hope that he can come back but again right now hes going to be done for this road trip for sure. Its been the story of our season. Somebody gets injured right when were plying pretty decent. Well try and regroup in Boston and the next guy in line in the rotation will have to step up.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/postgame_033104.html

So, given Damp's sloooooow time to fully recover from injury, do you still take the chance? Does he still opt out or exercise his option for guaranteed money? Maybe this is worse than just a dislocation, fracture perhaps? Does that color your opinion now?

Granted, it was knee problems before but that took essentially 2.5 years to get over because either 1. he was a slow healer, 2. he was lazy with his rehab, or 3. he kept trying to come back too soon and would reinjure himself. Depends on who you listen to I suppose.

So, whaddya think?

Suaveness
04-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I think we can do without him

Tim
04-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Pacers let Dampier go, a legit big body center, because he was lazy.

Why do we want him back?

Anthem
04-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Mark Blount would look good in a Pacers uni, ehh?

kerosene
04-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Mark Blount would look good in a Pacers uni, ehh?

Yeah he would. Maybe a S&T with Al and "piece" would work. But ya know, his hands are as bad as Damp's at times :laugh:

Unclebuck
04-01-2004, 09:09 AM
I don't want Dampier, yes he is injury prone.

Ragnar
04-01-2004, 09:12 AM

And other than this year he is lazy.

Dukins
04-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Damp shows glimpses of a great center at times. OTOH he gets hurt more than my grand ma ma. He wants to come to the east so he doesnt have to bang with the east centers on a nightly basis. We are fine with what we have right now in the frontcourt. Although if Mark Blount did come availible you would have to take a long hard look at acquiring him. :D

MSA2CF
04-01-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't know why everyone is so high on Erick. Foster does fine. Mark Blount would be interesting to pick up as a FA, but not in a trade.

Will Galen
04-01-2004, 11:03 AM
The injury probably means we won't even have a shot at him. Why?

He's under contract for two more years at $8.1 & $8.7 million with an opt out cause this year. It was already ify if he would opt out because of the amount of money he makes, but with the injury he might not opt out now.

NewYawk
04-01-2004, 11:17 AM

And other than this year he is lazy.

BTW: Nice pic Ragnar! :D