PDA

View Full Version : Austin Croshere and the Expansion Draft

ahhteeth
04-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Does any think there is any chance that we could give the Bobcats our 1st round pick, in order for them to take Croshere and cut him. This could work because of the loop-hole in the expansion draft that would allow the Bobcats to cut him with nothing counting against there cap.

kerosene
04-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Also, Charlotte has made it clear that they are not just going to take any contract for just any pick. Where the Pacers will end up picking is not going to make that much difference between Pacers 1st rounder and Bobcats 2nd rounder except for the Pacers pick will have a guaranteed contract and theirs won't. Croshere is not compelling contract-wise either. I just don't see it happening.

Suaveness
04-01-2004, 01:36 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like to keep him. He provides shooting off the bench.

obnoxiousmodesty
04-01-2004, 01:41 AM
As many have said before, the only real problem with Austin is his contract. The whole situation sucks. :(

kerosene
04-01-2004, 01:49 AM
As many have said before, the only real problem with Austin is his contract. The whole situation sucks. :(

Yeah, and I don't think anyone will fault him for taking that money either. At the time he looked like a good piece for the future and many people were worried that he slip away to Houston or Toronto (if I recall the teams that were also interested correctly). His contract is defintely the sticking point because if he made 3 or 4 million a year he'd be a valuable guy off the bench with a pretty good contract.

3Ball
04-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Not to mention the fact that our 1st round pick could be the VERY last pick in the 1st round.

Suaveness
04-01-2004, 04:06 AM
I hope that once his contract is over, we can resign him for a lower one. I really hope so.

ABADays
04-01-2004, 08:22 AM
As a major supporter of Austin, I'm glad to see some love for the guy.

Dukins
04-01-2004, 09:59 AM
The pacers will have to eat his contract. No one in there right mind will take Croshere's contract. I like his shooting, which is something we need when our froncourt gets double teamed. Also some should know that Croshere plays his best ball in the playoffs.

MSA2CF
04-01-2004, 10:03 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like to keep him.

Me too.