PDA

View Full Version : Stupid thing that bothers me...

pizza guy
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
On our wonderful message board here at PD, there is a nifty little feature that allows people to quote other people's posts. I use this tool occassionally myself, and I do find it helpful in many cases, to speak to a singe person, or to a single topic.

What bothers me, however, is the overuse of said feature. Sometimes, you'll see posts quoted for no aparent reason. An example, from my reading today...

The second post of a thread, the one following the thread starting post, was quoted. Now, obviously that was the post being responded to, it was the only one. Why does that need quoted? Someone, please explain.:confused: :confused:

Hicks
12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
On our wonderful message board here at PD, there is a nifty little feature that allows people to quote other people's posts. I use this tool occassionally myself, and I do find it helpful in many cases, to speak to a singe person, or to a single topic.

What bothers me, however, is the overuse of said feature. Sometimes, you'll see posts quoted for no aparent reason. An example, from my reading today...

The second post of a thread, the one following the thread starting post, was quoted. Now, obviously that was the post being responded to, it was the only one. Why does that need quoted? Someone, please explain.:confused: :confused:

I don't know.

Maybe they felt they'd have someone post something more quickly than them, making their post #3.

Los Angeles
12-29-2005, 12:36 PM

I don't know.

Maybe they felt they'd have someone post something more quickly than them, making their post #3.

Hilarious.

Raskolnikov
12-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Now don't say you didn't see that coming, Pizza Guy.

pizza guy
12-29-2005, 01:52 PM
oh, definetly

:brilliant

Stryder
12-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't know.

I like this one.

Woohoo! I'm quoting!

QUOTING!

QUOTING!

QUOTING!

SoupIsGood
12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
What gets me is when someone re-quotes an article or post that is extremely long, to only said something like I agree, or to question on line of the whole thing

pizza guy
12-29-2005, 02:18 PM
What gets me is when someone re-quotes an article or post that is extremely long, to only said something like I agree, or to question on line of the whole thing

yeah, that gets me, too

ABADays
12-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry. :cry:

pizza guy
12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry. :cry:

don't worry, you're not alone ABA:console: