PDA

View Full Version : Artest was scaring me in the first half.

Unclebuck
03-31-2004, 11:10 PM
I watched the game on Fox Sports Midwest and I must admit I was a little bit scared of Artest in the first half.

I mean that both positively and negatively.

To say Ronnie had his "game face on" would have been a huge understatement. He looked like he was ready to run into a wall, tear down the basket, and score at the same time. He was pumped, more than normal, and that is a little scary.

Don't get me wrong Ronnie got the Pacers going tonight and as Quinn said the Pacers feed off Artest and they gain confidence from Ron.

Tonight he was going to the basket really hard, and his defense was even more aggressive than normal.

It can be said that Artest plays hard every night, and he does, not sure what you could call tonight, his effort was off the charts.

ABADays
04-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah - he added a new dimension to the word "focused".

Ragnar
04-01-2004, 09:01 AM
He definitely had an interesting look on his face, but he never acted like he was about to lose it. That is a totaly different look.

Dukins
04-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh boy. I was nervous also we needed the game. I think our players are more closer than ever and that had artest gone haywire someone would have stopped him. Heck Artest was coming to JO's rescue has he was about to get tossed. I like the focusness of his play last night, but still a little concerned.

Booger
04-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Artest was zoned in and desperately wanted a W last night, to say the least. Needless to say, he took last night's loss personally.

There was one sequence that reminded me why I love watching him so much. He was guarding Mason, and Desmond was trying to drive to the bucket. Artest beat him to the spot repeatedly! Finally, Mason looked to pass with the shot clock winding down and threw the ball cross-court about 3 rows deep into the stands.

I couldn't help but chuckle. :cool:

Unclebuck
04-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Artest was zoned in and desperately wanted a W last night, to say the least. Needless to say, he took last night's loss personally.

There was one sequence that reminded me why I love watching him so much. He was guarding Mason, and Desmond was trying to drive to the bucket. Artest beat him to the spot repeatedly! Finally, Mason looked to pass with the shot clock winding down and threw the ball cross-court about 3 rows deep into the stands.

I remember that play, that was my favorite play of the game

ChicagoJ
04-01-2004, 01:45 PM
He definitely had an interesting look on his face, but he never acted like he was about to lose it. That is a totaly different look.

I actually liked the snarl he had. You could just see in his eyes that he was angry with losing to this team and very consciously channeling that anger into his play and not the other bull :censor: we'd see in the past.

Booger
04-01-2004, 01:45 PM

I remember that play, that was my favorite play of the game

If you love watching good D, and I know you do UB, that's one of those plays that will give you chills. Those are the types of plays that Carlisle was trying to "quantify" in that Star article over the weekend. It won't show up in the stat book anywhere, but those types of plays are what makes him such a great defender.