PDA

View Full Version : A Notice about the chat room

Hicks
03-31-2004, 01:37 PM
As many of you noticed last night, the chat room can become an... unpleasant place to be.

Starting tonight, I will have the ability to kick any trouble makers from the chat room. However, I've realized that this is futile since anyone who's there to stir things up can easily come back in as often as they wish.

So, I'm here to tell all of you that if you have a problem with anyone in the chat room, take liberal use of the ignore feature.

It's easy to use, and makes the problem disappear from the screen.

All you have to do is find their name on the list of people in the chat (the column to the right of the page), right click on their name, click ignore, and click add. You'll likely see a line drawn through their name(s), and from that point on, no matter how much or how little they type, it will not show up on the chat.

Suaveness
03-31-2004, 03:33 PM
While on the subject of the chat room, it would also be nice, especially to those unable to view the game, if we could actually discuss what goes on in the game rather than go off on tangents. :D

Hicks
03-31-2004, 04:43 PM
While on the subject of the chat room, it would also be nice, especially to those unable to view the game, if we could actually discuss what goes on in the game rather than go off on tangents. :D

able has talked about that on the other chat thread. Basically we should have a room that updates the play by play either from a sports website, and/or a few dedicated "updaters".

Now, if anyone wants to volunteer, by all means.

Tim
03-31-2004, 10:42 PM
As many of you noticed last night, the chat room can become an... unpleasant place to be.

I think you guys may be talking about me. I apologize if you are. I am still gonna stick up for Al (you know I am :D ) but I will be a little less vocal during a game.

Hicks
03-31-2004, 10:44 PM

I think you guys may be talking about me. I apologize if you are. I am still gonna stick up for Al (you know I am :D ) but I will be a little less vocal during a game.

Everything here was said before tonight's game, Tim. You're safe. :)

skyfire
04-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Are you aware that you can ban people from the chatroom?

Suaveness
04-06-2004, 02:50 PM
I believe there are some people who cannot be banned because they chat using some other method of which I am unaware of.

Hicks
04-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Is there a way to ban/kick by ISP or IP address?

Even if there were (I don't know; probably), we have too many people connecting from similar areas. Meaning if you ban a certain IP or ISP, you're inadvertently going to ban other users more often than not.

Hicks
04-08-2004, 12:20 PM
bumping this once before I de-sticky it, then it's gonna start sinking.