PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about Kenny Anderson?

Anthem
03-31-2004, 02:53 AM
I missed the game tonight (yardwork). A quick look at the box score and the plus-minus, though, says that Kenny played a decent game. Was it really that way?

And if so, is it time for Kenny to be the primary backup and for AJ to move to the third string?

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 03:21 AM
I missed the game tonight (yardwork). A quick look at the box score and the plus-minus, though, says that Kenny played a decent game. Was it really that way?

And if so, is it time for Kenny to be the primary backup and for AJ to move to the third string?

Yes , Kenny played a great game :pepper: :dance:

and

Oh God yes please , I am beggin you Rick more Kenny less AJ

Peck
03-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Yes, Kenny played a good game.

That's the easy answer.

Now the tougher one. I like A.J. & I like the defensive pressure he brings to the floor & for the most part this season his shot has been consistant.

I actually wanted A.J. to start over Anderson.

Now having said all of that I want to say this. Yes, I think it's time to let Anderson get some of the backup min. I don't know if you want to shove A.J. out of the picture altogether. But, IMO, right now he is strugling with the offense & his defense hasn't been so stellar that we shouldn't look the other way.

My biggest problem with Johnson right now is that when he comes in our offense really struggles & whoever is the small forward usually is the true point guard because they control the ball more than Johnson.

Now remember, I like Johnson, but I would agree that right now Anderson should get some of those min.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 04:57 AM
Well I think you gonna see Kenny getting his mins increased , Rick has already said Kenny is gonna be a key player in our Playoff run , but the way AJ has been playing lately he might be playing himself outta #2 and goto #3.

You guys have to admit you seen AJ play us outta alot of big leads we built up in games this year right ?

Doug
03-31-2004, 09:14 AM
:WhatPeckSaid:

DisplacedKnick
03-31-2004, 09:32 AM
I've said for quite some that with the way leads seem to disappear when AJ's in as a backup that Carlisle should at least try KA as the backup PG for about 5 games or so.

I think that much less now because I don't know if there's time. To see what you really have you need to give it 5 games. But if it doesn't work - and it may not - you're at the point in the season where it would be tough to switch back.

IOW - I think the opportunity to do this may be gone already.

Ragnar
03-31-2004, 10:06 AM
I think the time is ripe. Kenny was clearly better than AJ last night by a wide margine. A combo of Tins starting and Kenny as the backup should right the ship and just in time.

Unclebuck
03-31-2004, 01:07 PM
As I have said all season or at least since Janary, whatever Carlisle decides is fine by me.

I do want to say, that yes kenny had a good game last night, his offense kept the Pacers in the game, and yes AJ was horrible last night.

But Kenny's defense last night left a lot to be desired, in fact I would say it was poor

Ragnar
03-31-2004, 01:27 PM
But Kenny's defense last night left a lot to be desired, in fact I would say it was poor

I will say that Kenny is not a better defender. But I dont think he was a lot worse than AJ. AJ has not been a very good defender since early in the year. I think we just thought he was a good defender because he was better than Kenny. However he is not better than Brewer or Tinsley.

I do think we are going to see more of Kenny. The fact that he played most of the 4th and kept us in the game, and that his +/- is better than AJ tells me that he will be taking over the backup job or at least will have a chance at it.

As important as defense in I think +/- is a good indication of the relative importance of it. For example AJ may be a little bit better defender than Kenny but he is so much worse at running the ofense that his poor O wipes out his tolerable D. As to where Kennys poor D is wiped out by his much better O.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 02:07 PM

Please ....The Pacers Defense as a team was poor and you could point your finger at many for the poor Defensesive play last night , AL , Foster do I need to go on ? :neutral:

MagicRat
03-31-2004, 02:45 PM
Was I the only one that went "Awwwww" when they came back from commercial in the last minute and you could see AJ walking onto the court?

Dukins
03-31-2004, 04:26 PM
I think that Anderson should have the back up pg after his past few performances. Our offense simply doesnt do anything with AJ in the back court. We give up leads and there is no ball movement and to think, this guy will be around for at least one more year. :rolleyes:

Ragnar
03-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Was I the only one that went "Awwwww" when they came back from commercial in the last minute and you could see AJ walking onto the court?

It was already over at that point. But yes I was not happy to see him come into the game

MagicRat
03-31-2004, 04:33 PM

It was already over at that point. But yes I was not happy to see him come into the game

Well, they were down 5 with the ball and 35 seconds left. I still had hope......

Ragnar
03-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, they were down 5 with the ball and 35 seconds left. I still had hope......

Either Rick didnt or we have more to worry about than just that game. If he actually thought AJ would be better in that situation then I would be worried. Of course we will see tonight who starts and who is the backup.

MagicRat
03-31-2004, 04:39 PM

Either Rick didnt or we have more to worry about than just that game. If he actually thought AJ would be better in that situation then I would be worried. Of course we will see tonight who starts and who is the backup.

I'm assuming Rick thought they could win and he put him in there as a 3-shooter..... :whoknows:

Ragnar
03-31-2004, 05:30 PM

I'm assuming Rick thought they could win and he put him in there as a 3-shooter..... :whoknows:

Could be Kenny is not really any good from 3 point line. but he is sure good from inside that line.

Unclebuck
03-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Rick put AJ back in at the end for three point shooting

MagicRat
03-31-2004, 05:36 PM
Rick put AJ back in at the end for three point shooting

I guess my "Awwwww" was that I would rather have had somebody in who could get the ball to Reggie or Austin or even Ron than have 1 more shooter in the game........